My boy.... Chris Henry

agreen_112

Just wanted to say it feels good to know that Chris Henry will contribute this Sunday. :cheers:

And to think that the majority of cincy wanted him gone.. I laugh.

Hey Agreen, what's up in that head of yours? I didn't know Henry was going to play. The last quote I heard, from Marvin's shortest press conference of all time, was that Henry was going to spend the week on the scout team playing TO. Did you hear somewhere that he's going to play, or are you assuming he will? He should, but I can see Marvin holding him out.

Yeah I laugh too at people complaining about Henry. Even Benson gets a bad rap before anyone has seen him play for the Bengals. I think both have gotten their lives straightened out and are major weopons for the Bengals offense. Just hope the oline pulls together because we have a good chance at beating the Cowboys this week. I know we haven't won a game, but I could see a similar type of game like the KC game in 2003. I am also excited to see Abdul Hodge get some snaps he was just activated from the practice squad and Castille was cut but will probably be resigned to the practice squad.

Im excited to see Henry play ill admit i wasnt thrilled about the signing but if he has his life on track, i think he can be a big contibuter concidering Chad cant seem to get open. Who knows after this year what the WR situation will look like so we may have to reley on this guy for years to come. Im just excited to see if the offense can open up any with another deep threat. Marvin said he will be playin hes had a great week of work and has caught just about everything.

i'm curious to see if they play him this week. i don't see why they shouldn't... i mean, other than the fact that his presence undermines marvin lewis' ability to coach the team... not that he hasn't lost control of them long ago, in my opinion....

chris henry: proof that spoiled thugs can make a lot of money and skip-to-my-lou through life. up 'til their career is over and they wind up selling insurance with tacky slogans like 'i'll catch you the best deal every play!' on their business cards. more appropriately he might wind up doing the ickey shuffle for his prison mates in exchange for a 'get out of the shower with my arse intact' card. i'm just sayin'....

seriously, it's an interesting dynamic to ponder not only in football, but in real life: does talent override a possible morale killer? would you want a henry-esque person, say, on your sales team? in this scenario, i imagine ML is hoping that everyone else will step up their game. from fitz's standpoint, you'd think he'd be estatic to have another great receiver... or will it overload him? one more guy who really wants the ball, so you give it to him, and ocho loco complains to the press he didn't get enough.

i think him coming back has subtle meanings to the players and coaches beyond what he can do on the field.

this is ocho loco's biggest opportunity this season, i think.

Im excited to see Henry play ill admit i wasnt thrilled about the signing but if he has his life on track, i think he can be a big contibuter concidering Chad cant seem to get open. Who knows after this year what the WR situation will look like so we may have to reley on this guy for years to come. Im just excited to see if the offense can open up any with another deep threat. Marvin said he will be playin hes had a great week of work and has caught just about everything.

I'll tell you what the 2009 NFL draft will probably look like, The Bengals letting Chad go, and then Drafting Michael Crabtree Wr, Texas Tech.

I mean it's not like we need offensive line, defensive line, runningback, or linebacker help right. ???

LOL well then if they resign TJ and trade Chad, i can see them going after Crabtree who has been amazing at TT and have Chris Henry as the deep threat. Yes they need to address other areas of conern first but maybe with the Chad draft pick they could use it on a WR, but who knows what they will do.

I wonder what the Vegas line is on how many games Henry will go until he gets thrown out of the league for good?

Maybe it was a wake up call when nobody called but, Brown when he was a free agent.

I dont think Henry can help it.

I think before the start of next season Henry will be thrown out of the league for good and never be reinstated.

LOL well then if they resign TJ and trade Chad, i can see them going after Crabtree who has been amazing at TT and have Chris Henry as the deep threat. Yes they need to address other areas of conern first but maybe with the Chad draft pick they could use it on a WR, but who knows what they will do.

You missed my point. You See, Trading Chad Johnson for draft picks would've been the SMART thing to do. But you HAVE to have a GM to do things like that. - Next Year, Cincy' will just let Chad go, and get nothing in return just like we did with Takeo Spikes. Spikes was in the prime of his career, and we let him go for NOTHING ???

- Madieu Williams.... - NOTHING

- Justin Smith ..... - NOTHING

- Landon Johnson..... - NOTHING

Other NOTHINGS to look forward to for '09....

Stacey Andrews,

You Can write it down in Big letters for all to see..... The Bengals will release Stacey Andrews, and get nothing for him...

2 seasons in a row, that we franchise someone and then let them hit free agency for free!!!

The Addams Family did a better job running a house with monsters and dinosaurs in their basement than the Browns do at running a football team.

I'll tell you what the 2009 NFL draft will probably look like, The Bengals letting Chad go, and then Drafting Michael Crabtree Wr, Texas Tech.

I mean it's not like we need offensive line, defensive line, runningback, or linebacker help right. ???

WR and QB is where Mike likes to spend his money. It is his fatal flaw.

You missed my point. You See, Trading Chad Johnson for draft picks would've been the SMART thing to do. But you HAVE to have a GM to do things like that. - Next Year, Cincy' will just let Chad go, and get nothing in return just like we did with Takeo Spikes. Spikes was in the prime of his career, and we let him go for NOTHING ???

Stacey Andrews,

You Can write it down in Big letters for all to see..... The Bengals will release Stacey Andrews, and get nothing for him...

2 seasons in a row, that we franchise someone and then let them hit free agency for free!!!

The Addams Family did a better job running a house with monsters and dinosaurs in their basement than the Browns do at running a football team.

Well Henry didn't get much PT, but I'm just happy that he's still a Bengal. There will be many oppurtunities to come.

As far as your post goes Chris, we got nothing for Madieu, Justin, and Landon because they were GARBAGE! Have you heard their names even mentioned this year? There's a reason for that, they suck.

We will release Chad? Really? Isn't he under contract for another couple of years? That's the craziest thing I've ever heard. Chad Johnson is an ELITE player, Takeo Spikes is a tad bit above average.

Something else that caught my attention in this thread was that someone said Chad can't get open. I think 85 was open ALL DAY yesterday, what's up with Palmer?

HEY AGREEN

http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/2...AL_Gamebook.pdf

Can you explain to me how your football playing intellectual equal "contributed" today?

Did he bring a gatorade over for Carson to drink or something?

Go Chris Go!

Unlike you and your meaningless but well thought out posts, Henry will be a big contributor for this organization in many ways, hopefully for several seasons or more.

You are a smart guy though TJ, I'll give you that. Football just isn't your thing.

Stacey Andrews,

Well Henry didn't get much PT, but I'm just happy that he's still a Bengal. There will be many oppurtunities to come.

As far as your post goes Chris, we got nothing for Madieu, Justin, and Landon because they were GARBAGE! Have you heard their names even mentioned this year? There's a reason for that, they suck.

We will release Chad? Really? Isn't he under contract for another couple of years? That's the craziest thing I've ever heard. Chad Johnson is an ELITE player, Takeo Spikes is a tad bit above average.

Something else that caught my attention in this thread was that someone said Chad can't get open. I think 85 was open ALL DAY yesterday, what's up with Palmer?

meh...your 'credibility' is all used up. You 'liked our chances' yesterday. How'd that work for ya'?

Henry will be a big contributor for this organization in many ways, hopefully for several seasons or more.

You are a smart guy though TJ, I'll give you that. Football just isn't your thing.

Uhm, let's review what you actually said to start out this thread.....

Just wanted to say it feels good to know that Chris Henry will contribute this Sunday

so......let me ask again.......how exactly did he contribute "this Sunday"?

just in case you've lost track, "this Sunday" in this context means 10/5/2008.

feel free to use the stats sheet I sent you as a reference

Henry will be a big contributor for this organization in many ways, hopefully for several seasons or more.

Just wanted to say it feels good to know that Chris Henry will contribute this Sunday

I believe they said Henry was scout team WR all last week to mimic T.O.

I think the defense did a pretty good job except for the one bad play against T.O.

Therefore, Chris Henry, whether the stats show it or not, contributed on Sunday... Now go study golf because Football is a true TEAM sport.

I think the defense did a pretty good job except for the one bad play against T.O.

Therefore, Chris Henry, whether the stats show it or not, contributed on Sunday... Now go study golf because Football is a true TEAM sport.

I gotta give you credit. Your glass is always half-full as opposed to half-empty. I'm just not sure what it's half-full of.

I gotta give you credit. Your glass is always half-full as opposed to half-empty. I'm just not sure what it's half-full of.

I prefer Remy Martin, Hennessy or a good Bourbon on the rocks.

I'm just not sure what it's half-full of.

Bulls**t.

Ickey's 889th meaningless post. Keep racking 'em up baby.

We can flood the boards with this garbage if you want people. F-it. If the mods don't care why should I?

Yeah, I'm only 2000 behind you. You opened the gates and now the rest suffer the consequences of your stupidity.