Official Cleveland @ Cincinnati Game Thread.

BengalszoneBilly

Not at all

I am saying that with a stud line, even a old slug like me could get positive yardage back there.

With even average talent at RB, you'd get quality production

It's better to have a top-quality line than a top-quality runner

I honestly think if the Bengals had just a better center the O-line would be 1,000x better. Ghiacic can't pass block, he can't run block, he can't make a block in the open field (loved how he whiffed a block on a screen play that caused Perry to lose 5 yards), and he can't call the right O-line audibles. Most of these guys are the same line that just 2 years ago was listed as top 5 in the league, minus Braham. It's amazing how much of a difference one guy like Braham can make. The Bengals should really think about moving Bobbie Williams to center and bringing in Anthony Collins to play right guard. They should also go back into the old playbook and on occasion bring in Koistra as an extra tackle and run some unbalanced line formations. They really need to establish the run in a bad way so that they can keep the defense from teeing off on Carson in the pass rush.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I'm going to say is that we got cheated in this game. The very last offensive snap, when all the momentum was going our way, the left DE jump started the snap and was offsides. The ref didn't throw a flag and then the guy blew right past S. Andrews who was just coming out of his stance and sacked Fitzpatrick who then fumbled and even lost his helmet to boot making us Bengals look even more like a bunch of ass-clown entertainers... The last offensive play by the Bengals was a penalty that the refs didn't call.

...and to continue that thought.......the Bronco's OLine makes star running backs out of mediocre runners year after year after year.

Further, a top OL protects your megabucks QB and gives your receivers time to get open

So yeah - forget about drafting a runner until the late rounds - you need STUD lineman - several of them

Right and Stacy Andrews will be gone next year. Levi is garbage and likely will be traded or cut. That my friends are your starting Right and Left Tackles. The two most expensive positions on the Oline to be replaced.

I imagine that if you put our Oline under Mike Shanahan, the Tuna, Wade Phillips or Coughlin they would block well, create gaps and keep their QB clean. Of course you'd have to transplant the Oline from Cincy orange to the new team.

Our problem starts with Mike Brown and stops with the coaches.

Yep, and this is why I called for "Franchise" Andrews to be benched despite his massive salary....and I still do, mind you. Don't give OL snaps when you don't expect them back next year unless you are gunning for the playoffs.

They will promote Whitworth to Tackle, probably RT - well, ok, if they're smart they'll promote him to RT. The painful thing will be acquiring a LT, but I think you need to give Collins some time this year to see if he can do it, and otherwise you need to draft a OLT high, possibly with your very first pick. Obviously, if they put Whit at LT, then the draft pick will be a RT. In any case, after the Whit move, you only need to replace one OT instead of two.

Yep, and this is why I called for "Franchise" Andrews to be benched despite his massive salary....and I still do, mind you. Don't give OL snaps when you don't expect them back next year unless you are gunning for the playoffs.

They will promote Whitworth to Tackle, probably RT - well, ok, if they're smart they'll promote him to RT. The painful thing will be acquiring a LT, but I think you need to give Collins some time this year to see if he can do it, and otherwise you need to draft a OLT high, possibly with your very first pick. Obviously, if they put Whit at LT, then the draft pick will be a RT. In any case, after the Whit move, you only need to replace one OT instead of two.

They definitely need to get Collins some snaps but I would prefer taking Ghiacic out and moving Williams to center. Then they could let Collins get some snaps at RG. It would do wonders to have a center that doesn't get blown off the ball 3 yards into the backfield every play.

Yeah, that one play blew the game for us. We were doing so well up to that point........:rolleyes:

Just ignore agreen. He's going to keep sending SoP massive checks for this high quality play.

Your arrogance amazes me. What makes you think I've spent any money, other than watching the Bengals every Sunday from the convienence of my own home for the last x amount of years (in HD by the way), at all on Bengals merchandise, tickets, etc. The truth is, and you should know this from my posts, I'm a cheap bastard. I'll be honest, the last thing I bought was a Carson Palmer jersey almost 2.5 years ago. Not even a Goldstar Bengals collector cup is in my possession... So again, please don't make stupid assumptions.

Yeah, that one play blew the game for us. We were doing so well up to that point........:rolleyes:

Just ignore agreen. He's going to keep sending SoP massive checks for this high quality play.

Your arrogance amazes me. What makes you think I've spent any money, other than watching the Bengals every Sunday from the convienence of my own home for the last x amount of years (in HD by the way), at all on Bengals merchandise, tickets, etc. The truth is, and you should know this from my posts, I'm a cheap bastard. I'll be honest, the last thing I bought was a Carson Palmer jersey almost 2.5 years ago. Not even a Goldstar Bengals collector cup is in my possession... So again, please don't make stupid assumptions.

Then what have we been arguing about? All the posts on here have said, "We still support the team, but we are not spending any more money." You have chastized us all for being 'fairweather'. Therefore, your implication was that you were spending money on the team and would continue to do so in support of the team.

Then, on another thread, you post you may go down to one or two games this season since all of us 'fairweathers' have cleared out. You ain't getting there for free most likely.

Our assumptions are based on your now-self-contradictory posts. Geez, take one position and stay there.

And if I'm not to presume to know you, back off how you are amazed by my 'arrogance'. You don't know me, either.

I wish I could, but his stupidity aggrivates the s**t outta me.

You have no idea who I am. That one play did blow it for us, it usually only takes ONE play.. Go watch the tape dodo.. and I'm the stupid one? Beavis?

Just cause I don't know who you are doesn't mean that you say smart things when you post here. If you really truly believe that that one play lost the game for us (we were already losing...."dodo?"), then go back to the crack pipe and keep hittin it.

Mikey boy? Is that you?

Mikey boy? Is that you?

My God! agreen is right! I don't know him. I didn't even pick up he was really SoP this whole time. And the clues were so obvious. :lol:

what blows my mind is the bengals managed to lose at home to a group of boneheads who couldn't even finish the game with a few seconds left without getting a penalty. i say managed to lose, because losses like this have to be by design, don't they?

other problems the browns have is figuring out which way to put the helmet on and not screwing up the velcro holding their shoes on.

I wish I could, but his stupidity aggrivates the s**t outta me.

You have no idea who I am. That one play did blow it for us, it usually only takes ONE play.. Go watch the tape dodo.. and I'm the stupid one? Beavis?

Actually, pretty much everyone here is aware you are short a few cards in the deck

And everyone here knows you're a keyboard jockey, ain't never played a sport in your life, p***y. So what of it?