2nd Round Pre-Pick Thread

ArmyBengal

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That's three new LBers this off-season, four if you count the return of Odell.

They also signed Odom to replace Smith.

Given how deep the draft is at WR, I think they will go to that position in Round 2.

Way too soon to guess who'll be available, but I mocked Rivers in the 1st and Laws in the 2nd. Opinions seem really mixed on Laws as some love him and others see a 3rd round type. Put me in the love camp. Fingers crossed.

BTW, I don't like Pat Sims much and wouldn't give him a sniff until the late 3rd.

I'll take Trevor Laws. He sure as hell fills a need, one that we ignored in round 1.

A lot of scouts thought Laws was great, but his defensive line help was so incredibly weak that he face double and sometimes triple teams. Other high DT picks had a lot more help. So maybe there is more ability there than is immediately apparant from his tape.

I'm still pissed at the Bengals just sitting on there asses and getting aced out for a player that would have hardly cost anything to jump up and get. Is this draft / trade up / trade down process just too sophisitcated for the Bengals front office?

So far in this draft season, refusing a windfall offer for aging, disgruntled player, then getting snaked on your target player - I'm not impressed.

Ok I'm thoroughly tired of this UnderArmour commercial, one of the worst ever

Me too Shula, with that said I would like to see Dexter Jackson WR from Appalachian St. This dude is a little short at 5' 9" 180lbs but runs a 4.27 40. That is unbelieveable speed and would give us the deep threat since ocho stinko is being a jackass.

The Bengals front office just seems complacent in their mediocrity. One line in the article on the .com site said it all...

"But the Bengals were CONTENT to take Rivers"

Content ?? Wow, hardly sounds like an organization trying to put a winning product on the field.

WHODEY !!!

I'll take Trevor Laws. He sure as hell fills a need, one that we ignored in round 1.

A lot of scouts thought Laws was great, but his defensive line help was so incredibly weak that he face double and sometimes triple teams. Other high DT picks had a lot more help. So maybe there is more ability there than is immediately apparant from his tape.

I'm still pissed at the Bengals just sitting on there asses and getting aced out for a player that would have hardly cost anything to jump up and get. Is this draft / trade up / trade down process just too sophisitcated for the Bengals front office?

So far in this draft season, refusing a windfall offer for aging, disgruntled player, then getting snaked on your target player - I'm not impressed.

Sims, Laws....Caldwell....or whoever slips and has value (as a Whit or Steiny did).