Chad Johnson Deal in the works

dirtydan

Supposedly this came from Nate Burleson's mouth.

I live out here in Seattle and rumor has it that next week the Hawks will send their 1st rd pick and Nate Burleson to the Bengals for Chad?

Their is also talk that that Shaun Alexander will be cut and signed by Cincy but not sure about this part...

I actually work for a TV station out here and am attending tonight an event hosted by Tim Ruskell the GM of the Seahawks so will see if there

are any legs to this story?

Def a lot of issues with this trade,

I still think the cap issues will get in the way as Burleson signed a bloated 7yr/50 mill deal which I am sure was backload since it only contained $5.25 million in guarantees and would need to be redone...

Also the Alexander part seems odd given the 5 backs we have already and the article on Rudi recently, he is healthy and working with the trainers hard...

As with any deal could be smoke, but what does anyone think of the 1st and Burleson?

Just heard another rumor about a trade for Chad. It appears that the Lakers are willing to trade Koby Bryant for Chad. #85 said that nobody in the NBA can stop him and the Bengals will take over Koby's $19,490,625 contract. TJ will move to the number 1 WR, Henry number 2 and Koby #3, for now. OK, I'm just kidding.

Great, another Chad thread :rolleyes:

I can see how this could be feasible considering our penchant for ex CFL players, although whilst Nate is an Albertan I don't think he has ever played up there, perhaps this marks a shift in our drafting philosophy.

On second thoughts it sounds pretty much like all the other junk you get at this time of the year, perhaps we can rename the forum RumourZone :D

Who even knew Nate was looking to leave Seattle. Short answer, I don't see how that trade scenario would benefit us.

First thoughts...

Another Ch*dhole thread.

And another rumor involving a late 1st round pick and the now mandatory sweetner of a mediocre WR who'll serve as a bandaid. (Eagles/Brown, Cowboys/Crayton)

Instead of a band-aid I'd prefer an additional draft pick, but Burleson has a knack for getting in the endzone when given a chance. So there's that. But he's at best a #2, and might be no more than a #3 in Cincy.

Seattle picks 25th, right?

Just heard another rumor about a trade for Chad. It appears that the Lakers are willing to trade Koby Bryant for Chad. #85 said that nobody in the NBA can stop him and the Bengals will take over Koby's $19,490,625 contract. TJ will move to the number 1 WR, Henry number 2 and Koby #3, for now. OK, I'm just kidding.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I also understand that Jerry Jones has offered a couple oil wells in Texas... (obscure Coach reference).

does anyone remember that post awhile back form that guy proposing Chad being traded and it ended up being that the guy was just some dumb ass from another forum talkin s**t to see who would repeat it?? same thing..nothing more.

I am a Bengals fan from way back, trust me i lived thru the pains and have the scars to prove it..

I am only reporting what I heard from a former Seahawks employee who works in the broadcast biz now with me...

I personally agree with Marvin and would keep him or sit him and not let him dictate his way out or get a new contract....

The only reason i think it has any merit is Holmgren wants a title before he leaves and next yr is it for him so why would he not do it

They need a #1 reciever bad with only Burleson and Engram, Branch likely will not play...

So with any rumor there prob is some truth and some fiction...

I would do this trade if they could find someone to trade Burleson too...according to what I saw on tv...the Bengals plan on running more 2 TE receiving sets, which would lessen the blow of having such a deep WR corp. If the Bengals could end up getting 2 first round picks out of trading Chad, they could not only draft defense, they could also draft a replacement WR and maybe a TE like Carlson from Noter Dame. They could fill a lot more holes and at the same time shut one big one, Chad's gaping yapper. Could you imagine having 3 First rounders, a second rounder, and 2 third round picks? That would be crazy. New England Patriots crazy.

A guy I know used to work for the tooth fairy. He said the Tooth Fairy is going to trade Bigfoot to us for Chad. All we have to do is shave him, throw a uni on him and we've got our d tackle. Also, the Loch Ness Monster has agreed to sign on as a free agent center. Also, the Bengals medical staff figured out how to reanimate dead tissue, they used their technology on Paul Brown's corpse, and now we've got Zombie Paul Brown calling the shots from a secret bunker in PBS.

A guy I know used to work for the tooth fairy. He said the Tooth Fairy is going to trade Bigfoot to us for Chad. All we have to do is shave him, throw a uni on him and we've got our d tackle. Also, the Loch Ness Monster has agreed to sign on as a free agent center. Also, the Bengals medical staff figured out how to reanimate dead tissue, they used their technology on Paul Brown's corpse, and now we've got Zombie Paul Brown calling the shots from a secret bunker in PBS.

I would be so stoked if that were true...

Also, the Bengals medical staff figured out how to reanimate dead tissue, they used their technology on Paul Brown's corpse, and now we've got Zombie Paul Brown calling the shots from a secret bunker in PBS.

Yeah, I read about that. The article went on to say the doctors are now trying to bring back to life Mister Bojangles dog, who by all accounts was a male of undetermined breed who simply up and died. They're hoping a successful procedure will brighten the spirits of Mister Bojangles enough so that he might dance again.

No word yet about whether the dance will be done in worn out shoes or what the odds are of seeing Bojangles lightly touch down.*

*Admit it, right now you hear the song playing in your head.

Supposedly this came from Nate Burleson's mouth.

I live out here in Seattle and rumor has it that next week the Hawks will send their 1st rd pick and Nate Burleson to the Bengals for Chad?

Their is also talk that that Shaun Alexander will be cut and signed by Cincy but not sure about this part...

I actually work for a TV station out here and am attending tonight an event hosted by Tim Ruskell the GM of the Seahawks so will see if there

are any legs to this story?

Def a lot of issues with this trade,

I still think the cap issues will get in the way as Burleson signed a bloated 7yr/50 mill deal which I am sure was backload since it only contained $5.25 million in guarantees and would need to be redone...

Also the Alexander part seems odd given the 5 backs we have already and the article on Rudi recently, he is healthy and working with the trainers hard...

As with any deal could be smoke, but what does anyone think of the 1st and Burleson?

Would that be Komo, King or Kiro?? I live in Olympia and know for a fact the Seahawk fans around here would love that trade...

ok...deep breath.

no way.

no matter how much folks may WANT this to happen, this just sounds silly.

Holmgrem would no sooner bench Lofa Tatupu than he would bring in Mr. Spoiled Milk.

heh, CJ could adopt a new theme song: "it's not easy being green"...

and what is the Alexander tidbit???? we already have a run-down, empty-legged RB in Rudi, why do we want 2? Now, I can see Seattle moving Shaun but as for us bringing him in, just as doubtful.

wow, what a funky yarn....out there man.

I am a Bengals fan from way back, trust me i lived thru the pains and have the scars to prove it..

I am only reporting what I heard from a former Seahawks employee who works in the broadcast biz now with me...

I personally agree with Marvin and would keep him or sit him and not let him dictate his way out or get a new contract....

The only reason i think it has any merit is Holmgren wants a title before he leaves and next yr is it for him so why would he not do it

They need a #1 reciever bad with only Burleson and Engram, Branch likely will not play...

Your full of it. No way that Seattle stupid enough to make this trade. We're not going to provide your entertainment.

Your full of it. No way that Seattle stupid enough to make this trade. We're not going to provide your entertainment.

:jerry::jerry:

Also, the Bengals medical staff figured out how to reanimate dead tissue, they used their technology on Paul Brown's corpse, and now we've got Zombie Paul Brown calling the shots from a secret bunker in PBS.

Yeah, I read about that. The article went on to say the doctors are now trying to bring back to life Mister Bojangles dog, who by all accounts was a male of undetermined breed who simply up and died. They're hoping a successful procedure will brighten the spirits of Mister Bojangles enough so that he might dance again.

No word yet about whether the dance will be done in worn out shoes or what the odds are of seeing Bojangles lightly touch down.*

*Admit it, right now you hear the song playing in your head.

Easily. That is one of my "favorites" on my iPod. Course, so is The Way I Are from Timbaland. My iPod is schizo.