Hobs on Dhani's Return

HoosierCat

I think he's more of "nice to have back". My #1 is Stacy 2 steps.

My problem with Andrews is two stepping in a country western bar is the best he'll ever do for Cincinnati. That's why I believe we need to build our offensive line to allow old washed up dudes like Rudi Johnson to extend their careers in the NFL.

Eff McFadden. Eff drafting ANY RB! Improve the offensive line, and any member here could gain serious yardage. :bengal:

Agreed... nice role player... great special teams player...

Sorry guys, but we need vet leadership in the LB corps bad. Just MHO, but there it is.

yeah especially if Brooks and Odell are in the fold.... which I hope they are, I would love to see them on the field at the same time...

Agreed... nice role player... great special teams player...

Sorry guys, but we need vet leadership in the LB corps bad. Just MHO, but there it is.

yeah especially if Brooks and Odell are in the fold.... which I hope they are, I would love to see them on the field at the same time...

Odell who???? :P

At the end of the Dec. 23rd Cleveland game, the Browns were driving. Braylon Edwards caught a pass, I think on 3rd down, Jones blew it up with a huge sellout hit. He hurt his shoulder, but made Edwards drop it. He's a football player, we don't have that many on this team, so we need to keep him.

Think best case scenario for a minute... What if all the LB's that the Bengals have available actually return? If they bring back Jones and Landon, throw in Jeanty, Brooks, Odell, and Pollack, not to mention Eric Henderson, and the fact that Geathers can play LB...

Of course there are a ton of assumptions there... many of which won't come true - but what would the Bengals do with all those LB's? If the Bengals can get the interior of the D-Line worked out (Ellis?) and the LB's can stay healthy/out of trouble, perhaps the defense won't striaght suck next year. Of course, we say that every year... nevermind.

Odell Thurman the best LB on our team.

Not if he can't get on the field, he isn't......0 tackles, 0 ints, 0 PD's, 0 sacks.

Hell, those are my stats for 2007, maybe I'm the best linebacker on our team?

Here's an analogy regarding Bengals fans and O'dell Thurman.

O'Dell reminds me of a super hot girlfriend you dated one summer.....all those girls usually get swept up with the quickness by their suitors, but she was a little different. Something about her caused her to be held in slightly less regard than the rest of the hotties. There were whispers amongst the guys (other teams) that she has a few demons she has to deal with, but you didn't care, you knew she was hot and she had potential. You felt you could 'upgrade her' if given the right opportunity.

ANyway, You roll the dice, take a chance and start talking to her (drafting). You (the Bengals fans) and her (O'Dell) had an awesome, but incredibly brief relationship. She suddenly went off the deep end and starting sniffing coke and doing hard drugs. She wasn't (and probably never will be) the girl she once was, and deep down in your heart, you know it, but you can't let her go.

Before she started using, she had super-model type looks. If she was to ever get totally cleaned up (which she probably won't) and get back to the good ol' days when you were dating her, you'd take her back in a hot second, and kick all the current girls you're seeing to the curb. She has the potential to be that good, even though in the back of your mind, you won't be able to ever fully trust her again, because all it would take is ONE more moment of weakness for her to re-lapse and spiral out of control.

You're holding out hope that one day.....maybe one day.....things would be the way they were. You'd be the happiest guy on the planet.

Think best case scenario for a minute... What if all the LB's that the Bengals have available actually return? If they bring back Jones and Landon, throw in Jeanty, Brooks, Odell, and Pollack, not to mention Eric Henderson, and the fact that Geathers can play LB...

Of course there are a ton of assumptions there... many of which won't come true - but what would the Bengals do with all those LB's? If the Bengals can get the interior of the D-Line worked out (Ellis?) and the LB's can stay healthy/out of trouble, perhaps the defense won't striaght suck next year. Of course, we say that every year... nevermind.

Keep em, that's what. God knows they'll all be injured by 4th game anyway. We're cursed.

Shouldn't be so concerned about signing what should be back-ups. Only in Bengals' land is this the hot topic of our conversation. Tells you how poor the level of talent ultimately is here.

Dhani would beg for an NFL contract at this point.

Dhani and Andrews should be re-signed easily and cheaply for back-up roles, depth. It would not suprise me if they were the 2 major FA acquisitions this off-season for our Bungals, and were over-paid. They'll probably hold a press conference and it'll still be on the Hobspin zone's front page for 2 months.

Odell Thurman the best LB on our team.

Not if he can't get on the field, he isn't......0 tackles, 0 ints, 0 PD's, 0 sacks.

Hell, those are my stats for 2007, maybe I'm the best linebacker on our team?

Here's an analogy regarding Bengals fans and O'dell Thurman.

O'Dell reminds me of a super hot girlfriend you dated one summer.....all those girls usually get swept up with the quickness by their suitors, but she was a little different. Something about her caused her to be held in slightly less regard than the rest of the hotties. There were whispers amongst the guys (other teams) that she has a few demons she has to deal with, but you didn't care, you knew she was hot and she had potential. You felt you could 'upgrade her' if given the right opportunity.

ANyway, You roll the dice, take a chance and start talking to her (drafting). You (the Bengals fans) and her (O'Dell) had an awesome, but incredibly brief relationship. She suddenly went off the deep end and starting sniffing coke and doing hard drugs. She wasn't (and probably never will be) the girl she once was, and deep down in your heart, you know it, but you can't let her go.

Before she started using, she had super-model type looks. If she was to ever get totally cleaned up (which she probably won't) and get back to the good ol' days when you were dating her, you'd take her back in a hot second, and kick all the current girls you're seeing to the curb. She has the potential to be that good, even though in the back of your mind, you won't be able to ever fully trust her again, because all it would take is ONE more moment of weakness for her to re-lapse and spiral out of control.

You're holding out hope that one day.....maybe one day.....things would be the way they were. You'd be the happiest guy on the planet.

That's hilarious... :lol: