PFT: BRESH FIRED!!!

HoosierCat

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jonathon Hayes shouldn't get fired because of doing a bad job..if anything Mike Brown could just get rid of him because the TE's are used as nothing more than a glorified offensive lineman. He could just have them practice with the O-lineman and Paul Alexander. As for Johnathon Hayes, he sucks as did every guy on the defensive coaching staff except maybe Cioffi and Coyle.

If anything, the other coach I think should get fired is Mike Shepherd, all of the young WR's seemed to stay in the background and no one stepped up the first half of the season to make up for the slack of missing Henry.

Jonathon Hayes shouldn't get fired because of doing a bad job..if anything Mike Brown could just get rid of him because the TE's are used as nothing more than a glorified offensive lineman. He could just have them practice with the O-lineman and Paul Alexander. As for Johnathon Hayes, he sucks as did every guy on the defensive coaching staff except maybe Cioffi and Coyle.

If anything, the other coach I think should get fired is Mike Shepherd, all of the young WR's seemed to stay in the background and no one stepped up the first half of the season to make up for the slack of missing Henry.

If anything Hayes should take alexanders job lol.

Why all the skepticism for Donnie Henderson? Is this the same Donnie Henderson who was Jets DC? He runs a 3-4, if I'm not mistaken, and from what I hear Vilma loves him, and can't stand Mangenius. Isn't Vilma a free agent in a few weeks. Here's a little rundown on Henderson:

"Originally hired by the New York Jets (Jan. 26, 2004), Henderson made an immediate impact on their defense in his first season. From 2003 to 2004, New York improved from 21st to seventh in total defense, 23rd to fourth in the NFL in points allowed and 28th to fifth in rushing yards allowed. The team’s 261 points allowed in 2004 was just 10 points more than the league-leading Pittsburgh Steelers, and it ranked third-best in team history. The Jets 2004 defense also garnered a league-leading seven second-half shutouts, and held nine teams under 100 yards rushing, which included just two 100-yard rushers.

Among the seven new starters on the Jets ’04 defense was rookie LB Jonathan Vilma, who was named the 2004 Associated Press Defensive Rookie of the Year."

As for Johnathon Hayes, he sucks as did every guy on the defensive coaching staff except maybe Cioffi and Coyle.

I have to think that if they are going to bring in a new DC, most (if not all) of the defensive assistants are going to change. If I'm the guy asked to come in and rebuild this mess, I know I only come in if I have the final word on defensive staffing. But...remember here in PennyPinchInati our coaches are also our scouts, so now would be a really, really, really bad time to sweep the decks clean. (Which, parenthetically, is why the firing of Hunley suggests to me LB isn't a priority in April, or if it is they are going for an LB early when all you need to do is look at Kiper's big board.) So we may see more changes in defensive coaching bu it might take a few weeks since they are currently acting as ersatz scouts.

As for Johnathon Hayes, he sucks as did every guy on the defensive coaching staff except maybe Cioffi and Coyle.

I have to think that if they are going to bring in a new DC, most (if not all) of the defensive assistants are going to change. If I'm the guy asked to come in and rebuild this mess, I know I only come in if I have the final word on defensive staffing. But...remember here in PennyPinchInati our coaches are also our scouts, so now would be a really, really, really bad time to sweep the decks clean. (Which, parenthetically, is why the firing of Hunley suggests to me LB isn't a priority in April, or if it is they are going for an LB early when all you need to do is look at Kiper's big board.) So we may see more changes in defensive coaching bu it might take a few weeks since they are currently acting as ersatz scouts.

If a new Defensive Coordinator comes in and does want to get rid of Cioffi and Coyle this could be a big mistake. With the young group of DB's the Bengals have and the strides they started to make this year, new coaches and new schemes could lead to backslides that will only hurt the overall development of guys like Joseph, Hall, Ndukwe, and White.

Hobson, clearly drinking heavily tonight, says Kevin Coyle might be a possibility...

I can just see Hobknob tipping back on the Makers throwing names like crazy at the screen and seeing what sticks. :lol:

Hobson, clearly drinking heavily tonight, says Kevin Coyle might be a possibility...

I can just see Hobknob tipping back on the Makers throwing names like crazy at the screen and seeing what sticks. :lol:

Yeah, I can just see "Butch" now:

Maker's Mark pouring into pint glass. Hobs picks up glass, downs half.

"Ahhhhh. head shakes back and forth, lips flapping Bupbpupbupbupbupbupbup! OK, now whasssts nessxst...Ohohoh, Igoddit...

typing on keyboard

"...sources say the Bengals contacted 74-year-old Buddy Ryan today...

I don't know if any of you saw it or not, but ESPN First and 10 today they talked about Palmer's comments on coaches and Skip Bayless threw Hobson under the bus basically saying that he only prints what is approved by Mike Brown. Coincidently, he said the coaching change would probably happen, otherwise Mike Brown wouldn't have let Hobson print on the Bengals website what Carson said. Bresh gets fired today......hmmm

If a new Defensive Coordinator comes in and does want to get rid of Cioffi and Coyle this could be a big mistake. With the young group of DB's the Bengals have and the strides they started to make this year, new coaches and new schemes could lead to backslides that will only hurt the overall development of guys like Joseph, Hall, Ndukwe, and White.

Agreed, especially in regards to Coyle. Under his direction Tory James and Deltha O'Neal have both earned pro bowl invitations, Jonathan Joseph was named to almost every all rookie team, and Leon Hall will do the same.

Safety play has been much spottier.

Agreed, especially in regards to Coyle. Under his direction Tory James and Deltha O'Neal have both earned pro bowl invitations, Jonathan Joseph was named to almost every all rookie team, and Leon Hall will do the same.

Safety play has been much spottier.

A lot of the downfalls of the secondary came from defensive schemes...which was the fault of Bresh. Other than tackling, the technique and closing on WR's by the secondary was never really called into question. I think a big part of the tackling problems with the defense came from the fact that the players were just thinking too much and not just reacting to plays.

I don't know if any of you saw it or not, but ESPN First and 10 today they talked about Palmer's comments on coaches and Skip Bayless threw Hobson under the bus basically saying that he only prints what is approved by Mike Brown. Coincidently, he said the coaching change would probably happen, otherwise Mike Brown wouldn't have let Hobson print on the Bengals website what Carson said. Bresh gets fired today......hmmm

Ehh. I'd say Bayless is Clueless. Carson's comments were made in a press session, so it isn't like they wouldn't have gotten out had Mikey told Hobs he couldn't use them. For this particular conspiracy theory to hold any weight, you'd have to assume the guys in cahoots aren't Hobs and Mikey, but Carson and Mikey, i.e. that Brown told Carson to throw the coaching staff under the bus. That seems pretty far-fetched to me.

I doubt that Bratkowski is going anywhere. Maybe an assistant (Sheppard) but not Brat. Chad, TJ and Carson have been running the same system for a number of years now I doubt that they are willing to risk the delay of the learning a new system. Plus do you really want change on both sides of the ball right now?

I hope that they bring Hue Jackson back. As I have said before I think he was a good buffer for Chad and Marvin.

It's funny how this is so similar to the Frazier firing. First the denial then the action that was denied.

I also wonder if this was Marvin's doing or if the management told him to do it. If he did it then I give him credit for realizing the obvious that things didn't work out with Breshnehan. If it was the management I give them credit for trying to make a change.

Regardless I want to see significant change. I wouldn't be opposed to a switch to the 3-4 although I have always been a proponent of the 4-3. I just don't know if we have the line to handle that kind of change. I think a little bump-and-run or press coverage would be nice for a change. Or maybe some timely blitzing. But again so much of it goes back to personnel.

As far as a replacement I would prefer Rex Ryan. He was here at UC so there is a little familiarity for some of us. I don't know too much about Henderson though. I do feel comfortable with him having a pretty good prior track record from what I have read.

I doubt that Coyle goes too. He is a very well respected DB coach around the league. In fact I think I have seen or read about a training/coaching video series that he did several years ago for what it's worth.

I wouldn't mind seeing the team go after Vilma if Henderson ends up here too. Perhaps they are counting on that and that could be why Hundley was let go. Or perhaps Henderson ends up as the LB coach for now.

In any case, this is a good thing, as Marvin would say.

WHAT?? I'M FIRED!!!!11111???1

BUT MY DEFENSE STOPPED THE HIGH POWERED RAVENS AND ST. LOUIS OFFENSES AND ONLY GAVE UP 33 POINTS TO THE TERRIFYING BUFFALO BILLS OFFENSE!!!111!!

bresnahan1.gif