Chad runs out of bounds...again!

BengalChamps

There was no room left to run, out of bounds was his only option... Think really hard next time you start a thread and maybe it won't suck as bad as this one. If you didn't notice, someone was in pursuit hot and heavy and he would've put a lick on Chad if he didn't get out of bounds... I swear some of you people kill me with your thinkings, I'd love to see you get out there and do it! You couldn't even hang with my flag football team.

I have consistently laughed at those who suggest that we trade chad...however...he has definitely had his head up his butt for the past few games. He doesn't look like an elite WR that's having a slump - he looks flat out bad.

He hasn't neccesarily had an elite QB either damian. Carson has been flat out bad as well.

Not quite as down on Chad as some seem to be. The whole team is having a mare this season, Chad is just more high profile. However, Chad above other players is the most valuable in terms of trade value. Trading Chad might enable us to improve one of the many areas we need to with a couple of good picks (yes I know that that is unlikely!) in the draft and boost the team overall. Or he stays. Either way is fine by me.

Good hustle by Carson, lack of effort certainly can't be levelled at him.

There was no room left to run, out of bounds was his only option... Think really hard next time you start a thread and maybe it won't suck as bad as this one. If you didn't notice, someone was in pursuit hot and heavy and he would've put a lick on Chad if he didn't get out of bounds... I swear some of you people kill me with your thinkings, I'd love to see you get out there and do it! You couldn't even hang with my flag football team.

Uh...not sure i want to hang with your fag football team. oops typo... flag football team.

If there is no room, go to the ground. Put the team first for once. Going out of bounds was not his only option.

Why dont you think really hard next time before defending his asinine, me-first attitude.

I guarantee Chad gets ripped in the film room for this.

If there is no room, go to the ground. Put the team first for once. Going out of bounds was not his only option.

Indeed. Whilst not exactly the same thing, Westbrook forgoing the TD a couple of weeks back enabled the game to end right then and there. No muss no fuss. Smart play for the team either way I guess but taking off a TD from your own stats for the greater good of the team is the kind of unselfish mindset that's needed.

I have consistently laughed at those who suggest that we trade chad...however...he has definitely had his head up his butt for the past few games. He doesn't look like an elite WR that's having a slump - he looks flat out bad.

He hasn't neccesarily had an elite QB either damian. Carson has been flat out bad as well.

Agreed...although I'm not sure I would call Carson "flat out bad" - flat out average maybe but not flat out bad - Chad Pennington is bad, Joey Harrington is bad.

However, you've got to admit that Chad looks like something is wrong - falling down? dropping passes that hit him perfectly in the hands? It's happening consistently and there doesn't appear to be an excuse.

Agreed...although I'm not sure I would call Carson "flat out bad" - flat out average maybe but not flat out bad - Chad Pennington is bad, Joey Harrington is bad.

However, you've got to admit that Chad looks like something is wrong - falling down? dropping passes that hit him perfectly in the hands? It's happening consistently and there doesn't appear to be an excuse.

Carson has looked pretty bad. I think he is trying too hard to outsmart the opposing D with so many audibles and the constant chamges at the line create the problems (guys running off routes and passes going to the wrong spots). However, my problems with Chad are different. His attitude on two plays have worn me thin: 1. When he just sat and moped when he fumbled vs the cards, and 2. Running out of bounds to avoid the hit, keeping the clock winding on sunday. These plays exemplify what kind of player Chad is right now. Selfish and scared.

seriously, does anyone really believe this will "get fixed"? Not me.

Carson has looked pretty bad. I think he is trying too hard to outsmart the opposing D with so many audibles and the constant chamges at the line create the problems (guys running off routes and passes going to the wrong spots). However, my problems with Chad are different. His attitude on two plays have worn me thin: 1. When he just sat and moped when he fumbled vs the cards, and 2. Running out of bounds to avoid the hit, keeping the clock winding on sunday. These plays exemplify what kind of player Chad is right now. Selfish and scared.

seriously, does anyone really believe this will "get fixed"? Not me.

Chad needs one simple thing to "fix" him...maturity...how or if he finds it is anyone's guess...

Chad above other players is the most valuable in terms of trade value. Trading Chad might enable us to improve one of the many areas we need to with a couple of good picks

I'm excerpting the above portion of Pidge's post and emailing it to Mike Brown about a thousand times. Also, my Christmas prayer, "God, please force Mike Brown to trade our prom queen, even if all we can get for him is a second and a third. Amen."

Yep, exactly. That's the first thing I thought of when it occured also. He should have simply slid on the ground like a QB would have. It might not have saved him from being hit as I believe only QB's are protected when they run out of the pocket but it would have been a much less severe hit than if he'd had stayed upright.

If the opposing player had speared him or hit him too hard it would more than likely have resulted in a 15 yard penalty to boot!

In either case, running out of bounds at that moment was not his only option and he should have been savvy enough to realize it. <_<

I have not had the chance to review that play but from what I saw yesterday it looked as though Carson gave up his body making a nice block and Chad did not take advantage of it.

It seems to me that Chad could have made an effort to hurdle Carson and have a pretty clean run up the sidelines.

I realize Chad's feet may not have been in position and perhaps the camera angle was telling a different story.

Regardless, Chads effort on that play and the 2007 season has left this reviewer cold.

Chad above other players is the most valuable in terms of trade value. Trading Chad might enable us to improve one of the many areas we need to with a couple of good picks

I'm excerpting the above portion of Pidge's post and emailing it to Mike Brown about a thousand times. Also, my Christmas prayer, "God, please force Mike Brown to trade our prom queen, even if all we can get for him is a second and a third. Amen."

Trading Chad would leave nearly $10 million in dead money on the books, and we all know Mikey feels about dead money.

Plus, I'm not sure that Chad actually has all that much trade value. His play this year will be perceived as a knock against him. His alleged attitude problems will be a knock against him. In about 2 weeks, Chad turns 30. And he's got 4 years left on a contract that looks to pay around $5 million a year. Certainly, I don't see any team rushing to give up a two and three for him.

I expect Chad will be here again next season. I think there are bigger questions at WR, including, do the Bengals extend TJ? How much of their future plans do they risk building around Henry? Is it time to give up on the Tab Perry and Antonio Chatman experiments? How about Holt, who has done well as a receiver in very limited duty but keeps disappointing on teams?

OK, I think we can all agree that Palmer has what appears to be an off season for him, but his "OFF" season looks like this so far:

3815 yards (185 short of a second 4000 yard season in a row) and remember he was the first Bengal ever to throw for 4000 last season.

64.5 completion percentage which can't be to bad for an "off" season. How much would this change without all the drops and who's fault is that ??

The only one that realy concerns me is the amount of INT's this season (19) which leads the league, but then again, with 543 attempts (2nd in the league) and playing from behind most of the time, you are going to throw INT's...

Once again, maybe "off" isn't a bad description, but "FLAT OUT BAD" ?? Sorry, can't agree with that...

Oh yeah, Chad also has 1309 yards so far, good for 4th in the league. While I can complain about him, it's hard to fathom that either Chad or Carson hold the majority of the blame (if that's the game being played here) for the dismal season...

WHODEY !!!

Bottom line and we all know it.......Three and a half minutes and up by 5 you do not go out of bounds on your own power. Chad Johnson is afraid of contact..we have all seen it. His non attempts at down feild blocking is laughable, he is practically running away from any contact. At this point I put CJ at the top of the list of wimps in the NFL.

Ive always been a Chad supporter but he does not do any of the little things and when he doesn't pull in any passes his value turns to nothing. Maybe even less. Put a tight end out there to block, that would help.

Also, Im sure this has been discussed but Marvins attempt for 2 points after the Browns were able to get the right D in was also mind numbing to me.

Oh and as usual Marvin gave Chad another 'mulligan' for running out of bounds. Thought he had a mulligan for the celebration penalty against the Titans. I guess he gets one a nine.

How many mulligans do you get Marvin?Chuck?Brat? I've lost count.

The league is laughing at you again Mikey.....Fortunately, the media doesn't give mulligans.

OK, I think we can all agree that Palmer has what appears to be an off season for him, but his "OFF" season looks like this so far:

$13.5 million.

That's what his "off" season looks like so far.

Top salary on the team.

Top cap charge (see above).

Has he had a lot of help? Yeah -- but that doesn't change the fact that the biggest waste of $$$ on this team this year has been our QB.

We don't fix that this offseason -- get him a run game, get him an o-line, get him better wideouts, pick your solution, get him help for any physical/mental problems -- then I will tell you right now that whatever they do on defense will not matter.

Chad is staying. No way around it.

Let's work within the realm of possibility. The offensive line needs to be improved. Get Willie healthy. Sunday he proved he has alot left. Add depth. Most importantly add a smart big a** mofo at center. Rebuild the line and Carson gets better, Chad plays better. The offense is better.

Agreed. IMHO there is no way in hell the organization lets him go. None.

Let's work within the realm of possibility. The offensive line needs to be improved. Get Willie healthy. Sunday he proved he has alot left. Add depth. Most importantly add a smart big a** mofo at center. Rebuild the line and Carson gets better, Chad plays better. The offense is better.

Speaking of Wille, we all know that the end of his playing career is nigh. If it's not 2008, it almost has to be 2009. Well, not unless he pulls a Reggie White type of career, but those are the exception. Hardly the rule. What I'm trying to get at here is at the end of his playing days, would anyone he think it would be a good idea to keep him around in an offensive line coaching capacity?

Hoosier, while agree that Carson has been a big disappointment in certain areas this year, I can hardly call him the main issue. You said it yourself, get him a running game, a beter o-line, etc. and he gets better. Injuries have not helped us this year whatsoever and can see this improving next year. I still stand firm the a top 15 defense gets us into the playoffs. So maybe we just disagree on that. I will go a step further to say that regardless of what we do on defense, if Chuck is still here it will all be for not !!!

WHODEY !!!

Agreed. IMHO there is no way in hell the organization lets him go. None.

Let's work within the realm of possibility. The offensive line needs to be improved. Get Willie healthy. Sunday What I'm trying to get at here is at the end of his playing days, would anyone he think it would be a good idea to keep him around in an offensive line coaching capacity?

Absolutely, I can't think of anyone better.