Poll: Bengals @ Steelers

BengalszoneBilly

Bengals @ Steelers  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your winner!

• Cincinnati Bengals
    • Pittsburgh Steelers

Still rolling off last weeks successful prediction, as well as the Bengals previous win against Baltimore, I'm again calling a Cincinnati win in Pittsburgh.

Why? The Bengals running attack again seems back on track, Carson Palmer has gotten the Cardinals debacle (I'd like to point out I called no win there) out of his head, and amazingly the defensive play has greatly improved. Combine that with the Bengals record against teams coming out of Monday night games this season, (2-0), the Bengals past successes at Hienz Swamp...er, I mean Field, and I see a game ending with Cincinnati over Pittsburgh 34-24.

Any other thoughts here? B)

I'm jumpin on Billy's scooter.........Bengals running game has improved, Chad has improved, we now have 3 fairly reliable receivers. Our D-line/lb's have improved by getting back a few key players....secondary is still questionable. Even though Jen has established himself as a decent passer this year he really has only 1 reliable receiver in Wines Hard. Injury report as of post time: STEELERS: DNP: WR Santonio Holmes (ankle), RB Dan Kreider (knee), CB Bryant McFadden (ankle), S Troy Polamalu (knee), T Marvel Smith (back), WR Hines Ward (team decision).

And I'm sure Jen might have a hang nail by Sunday evening.

Bengals 24

Squealers 20

Ok, the Bengals are coming off of a big win against the Titans and looking for revenge... The Steelers are coming off a last second FG win over the Dolphins played on a sh*tty field. They have to be thinking that if the Dolphins can run with them on that crappy field, there is need for concern with the Bengals coming in seemingly riding high. They have some banged up players and if we focus on shutting down their running game and force Rottenfurburger to pass more than 20 times, we have more than a good chance at winning this game...

Bengals- 24

Steelers- 21

WHODEY !!!

if we run well and control the clock, we can win.

will chad stand up when it really matters??

how many big plays will the defence give up, or can they make a big play themselves??

have pittsburgh got the intelligence to keep running??

but, most importantly i'm working so i can't watch

So i'm going for a win!!

jon

Wake me up if the Bengals happen to reach 7-7 and are (by some miracle) only 1 game or less out for the final wild card spot

Then and only then do things get really interesting.

That said, everyone's favorite write - Peter King of SI - is predicting a Bengals win.....so my conclusion is that ya'all who are predicting a Bengal's win are of a mental quality equal to Peter King. If you are uncertain what this means, do a search in these forums for Peter King, to determine for yourself how much love there is here for the former Bengals beat writer.

Gotta go with the Bengals this week. However I believe the game will be won in the air. In conditions such as they will be on Sunday night the receivers have the advantage. The Bengals have one more receiver. Also if Marvel Smith doesn't play then we have an advantage at both ends as they rush the passer. I just think we've got one more dog than they do this week.

The Bengals defense has to continue to perform as it has the last 3 weeks against the run, allowing an average of 56 yards per game. Plus, they need to continue to stop drives consistently as they did against the Titans. If the Steelers are able to control the ball, the Bengals will have a hard time getting back.

Carson must protect the ball better and not allow for any mistakes to be returned for touchdowns. Fortunately, Troy Palamalo is hurt and may not be as effective as he has been. If the offense is able to control the ball and put the Steelers behind, forcing them to throw the ball, then the defense can t-off and put continuous pressure on Big Ben.

The Bengals have nothing to lose. The Steelers are playing for a higher seed in the playoffs as they are only 1 game behind the Colts for the #2 seed, which will give them a bye for the playoffs.

Due to injuries to key Steeler players, and the Bengals looking to continue to build on last weeks dominant performance, I think an unexpected victory is in order.

Bengals - 24

Steelers - 13

Who knows? My heart says one thing, but my gut says another.

To win, they will keep many guys in the box and keep pressure from Benji's right side. I realize that they will have a replacement on the left side of the line, but the key is not allowing the run to beat you and keep Benji moving to his left at most. They try to bunch receivers to the left to keep the pressure off Benji's right side so he can roll that way ... don't let it happen ... and we win.

If Rudi runs, we win. No running game, we lose. Bottom line.

Bengals 21

Squeals - 17

agree but it will be a tandem effort.

Rudi - 43 yrds

Kenny - 59 yrds

DeDe - 37 yrds

they also need to catch out of the B/F after baiting the secondary with long tosses.

if we focus on shutting down their running game and force Rottenfurburger to pass more than 20 times, we have more than a good chance at winning this game...

Yes. Please do put the game on the shoulders of the guy with the 2nd best passer rating in the league.

:):sure:

Don't forget the 22.6 rating in the Super Bowl. IMHO he crumbles in big games SF87!

if we focus on shutting down their running game and force Rottenfurburger to pass more than 20 times, we have more than a good chance at winning this game...

Yes. Please do put the game on the shoulders of the guy with the 2nd best passer rating in the league.

:):sure:

Don't forget the 22.6 rating in the Super Bowl. IMHO he crumbles in big games SF87!

Don't you wish!

:lol: