When Will We Get Win #2?

HoosierCat

When Will We Get Win #2?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. The Bengals will get their second W...

• Next week vs. the Jets
    • Week 8 vs. the Steelers
    • Week 9 vs. the Bills
    • Week 10 or later
    • Never. They finish 1-15

I wonder why a team that has largely been kept in tact the last 2-3 years, is just "now" trying to learn how to "play together as a team" and "making progress."

No matter - they'll beat the Jets next week and lose the next 3. Someone will get beat with the frustration stick at some point - if the 0-line plays well for at least 3 quarters one of these weeks, and Brooks and Jeanty come back 100% soon.

I wonder why a team that has largely been kept in tact the last 2-3 years, is just "now" trying to learn how to "play together as a team" and "making progress."

Well, actually, it hasn't been kept intact. Versus the 2005 11-5 season, we are a lot different. Gone are Braham, Steinbach, Tony Stewart, Jon Kitna, Kevin Walter, Kwash, Schobel, Chris Henry and Chris Perry (the later two temporarily) on offense. On D, gone are Tory James, Brian Simmons, Shaun Smith, K2, Marcus Wilkins, Odell, and Pollack. And that's just the more recognizable names. Anyone remember Hannibal Navies? Askew? Duane Clemons? Nate Webster, Anthony Mitchell, Patrick Body, Luchey, Greg Brooks, Ohalete, Ratliff, Krenzel?

That's 27 guys who were here in January 2006 when we played Pitt in the WC game. That was only 20 regular season games ago, and we are talking about 51% roster turnover since then. Yeah, a lot of these guys were backups and special teamers and role players, but that's just where the Bengals have fallen down, right? STs suck and if any starters get hurt we got nothing behind them.

I didn't bother voting, but I'm now taking orders for orange tiger-striped t-shirts that say...."Won and Done"

Won??? and done. When did you ever win?? Lets go over this again.

Steelers=5 SB trophys

Bungles= 0 SB trophys

Nuff Said

Let me explain:

won - as in we "won" the game against the Ravens

also as in - we were victorious in "one" game

and done = as in we are now done winning for the season

He was making a joke. Understand?

I didn't bother voting, but I'm now taking orders for orange tiger-striped t-shirts that say...."Won and Done"

Steelers=5 SB trophys

Bungles= 0 SB trophys

Nuff Said

Hey Steeler fan! Bad news, the first four Super Bowls you claim are bogus. Something about a Steroid Curtain defense. Or do a few more of your brain-damaged heroes have to keel over before you admit your run in the 70's was just an anabolic fueled charade? The one against the Seahawks? I guess if you want to claim a win that was gift wrapped for you by the referees, you can have it. That gives you one Super Bowl, and that one's sporting a big asterisk.

I get it now. I didn't realize you guys make up t-shirts for winning a regular season game. Stay positive, I think you'll be able to print up three or four more this year.

No problem and don't worry about the missunderstanding. We often have to explain things very slowly and with small basic words to stealer fans so we've gotten pretty good at it.

Steelers=5 SB trophys

Bungles= 0 SB trophys

Nuff Said

Hey Steeler fan! Bad news, the first four Super Bowls you claim are bogus. Something about a Steroid Curtain defense. Or do a few more of your brain-damaged heroes have to keel over before you admit your run in the 70's was just an anabolic fueled charade? The one against the Seahawks? I guess if you want to claim a win that was gift wrapped for you by the referees, you can have it. That gives you one Super Bowl, and that one's sporting a big asterisk.

Ok, if you say so VJ. Funny how the record books make no mention of your claim. You need to stop drinking the well water in KY. Its making you delusional.

BTW Whats your excuse for a zero SB count?? I'm doing a survey on loser fans and the teams they love.

Steelers=5 SB trophys

Bungles= 0 SB trophys

Nuff Said

Ok, if you say so VJ. Funny how the record books make no mention of your claim. You need to stop drinking the well water in KY. Its making you delusuional.

BTW Whats your excuse for a zero SB count?? I'm doing a survey on loser fans and the teams they love.

And I'm doing magic tricks on douchebag steeler fans that post smack in the wrong section.

POOF! Your Gone!!

I'm going to say it'll be in the next game Carson Palmer throws for under 300 yards.

Flash without substance: Carson Palmer again was on the wrong end of putting up gaudy numbers in a losing effort. The Bengals are 0-3 when Palmer has thrown for more than 300 yards this season.

as a jets fan, i want to see big INTS for TDs this week... so tell John Joseph, Leon Hall... to ball hawk.. alll game.... and blitz pennington so you get short routes... dont worry about the big deep ball threat..... we dink & dunk down the feild on 85 play drives for fade passes to coles

Okay...lemme get this straight. You say you're a Jets fan. Are you sure? We've never had anyone come in and plead with us to please pick off their QB's passes for TD's all game long! :blink:

Steelers=5 SB trophys

Bungles= 0 SB trophys

Nuff Said

Ok, if you say so VJ. Funny how the record books make no mention of your claim. You need to stop drinking the well water in KY. Its making you delusuional.

And I'm doing magic tricks on douchebag steeler fans that post smack in the wrong section.

POOF! Your Gone!!

Can't say I blame you. I only came over here to find some of the Cincy fans that post on the boards I belong to that have disappeared in the past few weeks. I can see that I must come across the same as any of those douchebags that I despise. For that I do apologize. No hard feelings. Good luck turning things around. At least when you play the ratbirds again. lol

Okay...lemme get this straight. You say you're a Jets fan. Are you sure? We've never had anyone come in and plead with us to please pick off their QB's passes for TD's all game long! :blink:

He says this b/c more than being a Jets fan he is a Pennington hater, the Jets fanbase is riddled with these guys that pull for our team to fail with Pennington at the helm so he will be pulled for an unproven backup....not that I would mind to see Clemens start, I just don't want the team to lose games for it to happen. Call me a bad fan I guess. ;)

He says this b/c more than being a Jets fan he is a Pennington hater, the Jets fanbase is riddled with these guys that pull for our team to fail with Pennington at the helm so he will be pulled for an unproven backup....not that I would mind to see Clemens start, I just don't want the team to lose games for it to happen. Call me a bad fan I guess. ;)

I remember feeling that way when Klingler was QB. The Bengals were bad enough to be a joke but not bad enough to drive any change in the organization. As a result folks would start praying for him to perform even more poorly.

It looks to me like we'll get win number 2 against the Jets. Except for Brooks, the injury list is looking better. Our Waiverbackers have played a few games together and are more comfortable with the system. Rudi might play. Got our starting cb back from his weed suspension. And for the 50th time in his career, Chad promised to tone down his celebrating, a plan he seemed to implement last week at KC - by not getting in the endzone. It's just shaping up to be a win for the Bengals. Fear the Orange and Black stripes. Who Dey!