man vs beast

joshh967

This is really stupid. Chad has no chance. I think they said the race is about 220 yards? That's a long distance. When Collinsworth did it, I think the race was 100 yards and they gave Collinworth a big headstart, and he still lost. Over 220 yards, it won't even be close.

I've now read three different stores on the race, and none of them agree on the distance. One said 220 yards, one said 11/16 of a mile (which is ridiculous), and one said 110 yards-which sounds more like it.

Five minutes before the race, Chad grabs the microphone and says,

"I was going to race this horse to help kids, but instead I'm going to give this horse to a very special lady in my life. Ya'll understand. Can someone please help me get Mr. Ed into the back seat of my Lexus?"

More TJ > Less Chad

So Chads doing something to help kids and you want less of it?

Yeah. Or has the "Funny Bones" lawsuit gone away already?

So because of a retarded lawsuit we want less of chad? I'd always welcome more TJ but never less Chad :P atleast till he kills someone.

Five minutes before the race, Chad grabs the microphone and says,

"I was going to race this horse to help kids, but instead I'm going to give this horse to a very special lady in my life. Ya'll understand. Can someone please help me get Mr. Ed into the back seat of my Lexus?"

Heh. That's pretty damn funny.

Just to repeat the obvious, I don't hate Chad Johnson. In fact, the last time I visited the hinterland I purchased two Bengal jerseys, both featuring Chad's name and number. One was an all orange replica jersey that I love wearing while the other was a baseball styled jersey that my wife looks great in.

To be fair, Chad's name and number appeared on every bengal related piece of clothing for sale in the store, but that's probably beside the point....as the nice sales person claimed that any items with Palmer's name and number sell out quickly.

However, you've got to give me a little room for criticizing our favorite goofy bastidge since the Funny Bones lawsuit makes clear that Chad might be the only NFL player capable of screwing up a simple act of charity. Then again, the real problem is how rarely things involving Chad remain simple. In fact, I'm reminded that the whole Pepto fiasco from several years ago began as an act of charity.

Moving on, how would any of you feel if Chad pulls a hamstring competing in a race against a horse? Or does something bad actually have to happen before it's seen as stupid or a needless risk?

Yep, Chad won pretty easily. Sportscenter just did a piece on it. It was a pretty good piece with a CJ interview. Looked like the horse wasn't really trying.

Apparently Cris Collinsworth raced a horse back in his day, so it wasn't a completely innovative idea for Chad. Cris just barely lost at the line. They also showed this on Sportscenter.

:player:

Front page story/feature on Yahoo right now too. When I saw he was running on grass, at least that what it looked like, not such a big deal. The horse was nowhere near him really the entire time either.

I do appreciate his "we'll see you in Arizona" quote at the end. He's also bulked up some again, which is something he'll have to do more and more of as he gets older. Worked for Owens and Rice.

Yep, Chad won pretty easily. Sportscenter just did a piece on it. It was a pretty good piece with a CJ interview. Looked like the horse wasn't really trying.

Apparently Cris Collinsworth raced a horse back in his day, so it wasn't a completely innovative idea for Chad. Cris just barely lost at the line. They also showed this on Sportscenter.

:player:

So you're saying Chris's horse was trying, and Chad's was "dogging" it? :o Someone call Michael Vick! :lol: