Deltha DUI

dave

Unreal.

http://www.wkrc.com/breaking/story.aspx?co...5E-EA17DDBCA70A

Bengals Player Arrested For DUI

LAST UPDATE: 12/9/2006 7:34:10 AM

A Cincinnati Bengal was arrested Friday night for DUI.

Bengals cornerback Deltha O'Neal was charged with driving while intoxicated. Police officers were operating a DUI checkpoint in Pierce Township, Clermont County arrested O'Neal. The Ohio Highway Patrol said O'Neal was alone in his vehicle when he stopped at the checkpoint around 12:30 a.m.

Troopers say O'Neal was released on his own recognizance. He's scheduled to appear in Clermont County court on December 12.

O'Neal was the 8th Bengals player arrested this year.

Unreal.

http://www.wkrc.com/breaking/story.aspx?co...5E-EA17DDBCA70A

Bengals Player Arrested For DUI

LAST UPDATE: 12/9/2006 7:34:10 AM

A Cincinnati Bengal was arrested Friday night for DUI.

Bengals cornerback Deltha O'Neal was charged with driving while intoxicated. Police officers were operating a DUI checkpoint in Pierce Township, Clermont County arrested O'Neal. The Ohio Highway Patrol said O'Neal was alone in his vehicle when he stopped at the checkpoint around 12:30 a.m.

Troopers say O'Neal was released on his own recognizance. He's scheduled to appear in Clermont County court on December 12.

O'Neal was the 8th Bengals player arrested this year.

FFS what is the deal with our guy's this year. UnF*ckingbelievable :(

:unsure:

Marvin...are you paying attention? Your team is now officially OUT OF CONTROL.

What is Marvin going to do? There is really nothing he can, except not play Deltha. Cutting him would be a big mistake, because there would be 29 teams lining up to sign him. This stuff is overblown, because it's the Bengals. I hear no mention of how the Chargers have had 6 people arrested this year.

I was not aware of six Chragers getting arrested this year. By chance do you know which ones.

I really do not care about our guys geting arrested as long as they win. I mean come on he was drinking and then he was driving. I would say a good percentage of the people that are on the roads on an early Saturday morning are doing the same thing.

Just stay out of jail on Sundays thats all that matters to me.

I've hammered guys like Henry, McNeal, Odell, etc for being total f***tards. Blowing a 0.10, while serious, isn't quite as bad as blowing a 0.24 while driving 100 mph with pot in the car.

Don't get me wrong, I treat DUI very seriously, and I hope Deltha learns to set himself rules like no more than one drink with dinner. But I can't honestly say I've probably never driven with a 0.10. On the other hand, I can say I've never taken steroids or barfed on a cop.

Deltha isn't really news, except for the morons that came before him.

Also, chargers arrested this year, since someone mentioned it:

Cletis Gordon (DUI), Steve Foley (DUI, shot by cops), Terrence Kiel (drug trafficking...codeine!), Shaun Phillips (scuffle with a cop), all I can come up with now but I know there were more than that.

Of course Merriman was suspended for juice.

Yawn.

Yup. Funny thing is how little there is to most of this crap -- and how little credit Marvin gets for taking action, even from fans like BengalChamps. Let's look at it case-by-case:

Deltha blows a 0.10, which barely qualifies as a DUI, and is released on his own recog after a breath test. BFD.

Reggie gets into a shoving match with a bouncer. Woo-hoo, what a thug, eh? And now theres some bizarre "doctored cig" thing, which sounds to me like total BS.

Steinbach gets a BUI, agrees to "diversion," charges dropped.

Askew? Where is he now? Odell? Ditto. Henry? Most of the charges against him appear to be falling apart, and he got suspended for 2 games by the league and 1 by Marvin for what he pleaded guilty to. So everyone tell me again how Marvin isn't doing anything about these issues?

Rucker and Nicholson? Both being charged with stuff that happened before they were even Bengals. Rucker's history with women certainly isn't reassuring, but he hasn't done anything as a Bengal and I find it telling that the women who did file charges against him apparently waited until he was drafted and would probably have some money. Nicholson, meanwhile, is mixed up in a rent dispute with a former college roomie. :rolleyes:

Yawn.

Yup. Funny thing is how little there is to most of this crap -- and how little credit Marvin gets for taking action, even from fans like BengalChamps. Let's look at it case-by-case:

Deltha blows a 0.10, which barely qualifies as a DUI, and is released on his own recog after a breath test. BFD.

Reggie gets into a shoving match with a bouncer. Woo-hoo, what a thug, eh? And now theres some bizarre "doctored cig" thing, which sounds to me like total BS.

Steinbach gets a BUI, agrees to "diversion," charges dropped.

Askew? Where is he now? Odell? Ditto. Henry? Most of the charges against him appear to be falling apart, and he got suspended for 2 games by the league and 1 by Marvin for what he pleaded guilty to. So everyone tell me again how Marvin isn't doing anything about these issues?

Rucker and Nicholson? Both being charged with stuff that happened before they were even Bengals. Rucker's history with women certainly isn't reassuring, but he hasn't done anything as a Bengal and I find it telling that the women who did file charges against him apparently waited until he was drafted and would probably have some money. Nicholson, meanwhile, is mixed up in a rent dispute with a former college roomie. :rolleyes:

That's pretty much the long and short of it.

I have long since tired of trying to express outrage that, quite frankly, I don't really feel. ML's job is to get them ready for Sunday. It is beyond the scope of his job to be sitting with Deltha O'Neal at a bar and asking him if that last beer puts him perilously close to .10. They are grown ups, they will have to own their own actions.

But the statistical oddity that is the arrests in this last year? A source of bemusement, really, but nothing more than that, and to those who try to make it more, again:

yawn.

Maybe time for the Bengals to hire a police checkpoint coordinator so drunken Bengals can be provided with alternate routes to bypass checkpoints. :wacko:

Or someone to go pick these guys up.

Give me 40 grand a year and a cell phone and I'll go pick up drunk Bengals all season.

Job's already taken Huggs. Eric Ball is literally the team's designated driver. He is some type of player liason for the team and they all have his phone number to avoid these kind of situations.

I'm not real happy about a player trying to come back from an injury, who is out drinking and driving 24-36 hours before a game.

As Chad said - this is an important time for them as a team, and a team leader and Pro Bowler should be setting an example and being a professional - not following the behavior of rookies and morons.

Yeah it's not a huge deal if it's just an isolated incident for him that he learns from - it's the timing that pisses me off - and the fact he's a veteran leader on the team.

He was barley over I really don't see this being problem o_O,I'm starting to think cinci police has it in for our team though...

25% over. You ever try that excuse when you get pulled over? "I know the speed limit is 55, officer, but 68 is only 25% over."

From the Enquirer...

O’Neal’s was one of 531 vehicles passing through an Ohio Highway Patrol checkpoint near Bach Buxton Road in Pierce Township on State Highway 125. Four drivers, including O’Neal, were charged with operating a vehicle under the Influence.

So I wonder who the other 3 Bengals to get arrested were.

By my calculations, we haven't had a QB, RB, or kicker arrested yet this year. So I'm going with Doug Johson, Kenny Watson and Shayne Graham. Must have been quite a party.