Deltha DUI

dave

I guess I get a little embarrassed when I read about so many Bengals being arrested, because they are "my team" and in some way represent me and the city of Cincinnati. But does anyone in the world really think less of Cincy or Ohio because of these guys? I doubt it.

Just because I'm a Bengal fan doesn't mean I am aligning myself with these guys on a moral, philosophical, political, or religious level. I like to watch them play football. That's it.

Sure, it's nice to have good guys on the team, and there are plenty of those guys. If you want a guy with a sparkling rap sheet, there are plenty to choose from. But when it really comes down to it, people don't watch football to see nice guys.

It's nice to see a guy who can be both a great player and a good citizen (like Palmer)... but the fact that not every Bengal fits into that mold doesn't bother me that much.

I don't stop watching Mel Gibson movies because he's anti-Semetic, or arrested for drunk driving. I don't find Tracy Morgan any less (or more) funny because he was arrested for DUI. The main thing that pisses me off is continued stupidity that keeps players off the field (i.e. Chris Henry and Odell Thurman).

Sure, it's nice to have good guys on the team, and there are plenty of those guys. If you want a guy with a sparkling rap sheet, there are plenty to choose from. But when it really comes down to it, people don't watch football to see nice guys.

It's nice to see a guy who can be both a great player and a good citizen (like Palmer)... but the fact that not every Bengal fits into that mold doesn't bother me that much.

now you guys sound like Ravens fans a few years back, but seriously, i have to say this now before you play oakland but you have more arrests than victories - impressive for a playoff team :P

although henry alone has 3 or 4 this calendar year???

cheerio!

The main thing that pisses me off is continued stupidity that keeps players off the field (i.e. Chris Henry and Odell Thurman).

Yup.

The problem isn't guys who screw up once in a while, which I dare say defines all of us (you know, the whole "cast the first stone" bit). The problem is guys who screw up consistently. Which is why I -- and others -- have said that guys like Odell and Henry need to find themselves some help. A good shrink, the religious figure of their choice, whatever...just straighten out, otherwise it isn't just their career at risk, it's their life.

now you guys sound like Ravens fans a few years back

Yeah, maybe... but if I recall Jamal Lewis was supposed to serve 10 years to life had he not given up his buddy... and Ray Lewis was charged with murder. I don't want to donwplay the DUI charge that several Bengals have been arrested for... but you don't get a grand jury trial for it either. So I'm not ready to throw the Bengals into that category just yet.

Also... everyone include Matthias Askew in the number of Bengal arrests, but he's not on the team. McNeal wouldn't be on the team if it weren't for a massive number of injuries to our WR's. If you take those two away you've got Chris Henry, and a couple random guys who made bad decisions. Nothing different from most every other team in the NFL.

now you guys sound like Ravens fans a few years back

Yeah, maybe... but if I recall Jamal Lewis was supposed to serve 10 years to life had he not given up his buddy... and Ray Lewis was charged with murder. I don't want to donwplay the DUI charge that several Bengals have been arrested for... but you don't get a grand jury trial for it either. So I'm not ready to throw the Bengals into that category just yet.

Also... everyone include Matthias Askew in the number of Bengal arrests, but he's not on the team. McNeal wouldn't be on the team if it weren't for a massive number of injuries to our WR's. If you take those two away you've got Chris Henry, and a couple random guys who made bad decisions. Nothing different from most every other team in the NFL.

Frostee Rucker and A.J. Nicholson too. Both little known rookies, one on IR, the other completely unimpactful.

Thank God we're already 7-5. May the (as dubbed by HairOnFire) Chicken Littles stay calm, not akin to their screeching during the offseason. <_<

Oh yeah, Deltha, you're an idiot. :)

Can you imagine some of the threads we'd have if we were 4-8 and had all of this BS going on?!?

(Might sound like a Browns thread!)

now you guys sound like Ravens fans a few years back, but seriously, i have to say this now before you play oakland but you have more arrests than victories - impressive for a playoff team :P

although henry alone has 3 or 4 this calendar year???

cheerio!

Hey did they ever find out who killed that guy outside of Ray-Dog's Hummer at the Super Bowl a few years ago? At least OJ would tell you how he did it...if he did it.

Sooo Oneal is inactive today when he could've played/started.

Remember, Marvin was talking about sitting him before the whole DUI thing hit. Was that a "last straw"? Maybe, but maybe he would have been sitting regardless.

Maybe Deltha was crying in his beer about it and got caught.