Reality check

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Classic let down game. Seems to me the players did the same thing we boardmembers did, relished that Pitt game just a little too much. Going out and partying like we won something. We got a bye week to figure things out.

Defensively, we are banged up. Third string LB starting(Miller) DJax out. No pressure on the ball(the lack of pass ruch is KILLING me), and we REALLY miss Braham calling the protection

We're still 3-1 B)

Brian simmons is overrated by our fans and been showing that our Dline still needs alot of work......Hopfully our starting lb corps next year will have 3 people named Brooks thurman and pollack. hopfully we resign justin but get Worthy DE to put on the other side and a young DT to be sam adams future replacement (peko I wanna see a starter from here on out let him get asmuch experiance as possible same with JJ our defense sucks so lets get these kids their experiance) for those h8ing on caleb I still think he was probbley best LB on field today compared too simmons and landon.

Offense:

1. Line looked bad, mostly in the second half. Braham back would help, but I think we just need Guicheck to get more experience. Plus, digging the hole put a lot of pressure on them.

2. Palmer: First, his throws were off. Second, he really needs to stop fumbling the ball. I am also kind worried that he hasn't had one of his "lights out" games, like last year. He's still recovering from a big injury, and that might be affecting things more than we know. Rest should be good for him.

3. WR's: Not good, but not that bad. We had problems getting them involved, and having them partially shut down by Pats secondary is embarressing.

Chris Henry could use shaping up, as always, but I don't think his absence was the decisive factor.

4. Playcalling: Bad, two things stand out. First, we had a 2nd and 2 around the Pats 38. No handoff to Rudi, two passing plays, and it's 4th and 2.

Second, even though our defense has been paying horrible, we punt instead of going for it. Punt goes well, but then the defense coughs it all the way back to our 10, and Pats ultimately get a FG.

Defense:

1. Don't really know what to say. We need Dexter Jackson back, as well as Jeanty. We also need Thurman and Pollack, but that won't happen. Anyone know Nicolson's status?

With the current defense, we are reliant on the turnover. If we don't grab a lead, then all our opposition has to do is run and not fumble. That is not a Super Bowl winning strategy.

i think it is more like the bengals are or hopefully were big-headed . they think all they have to do is show up and win the game . this team was just not prepared to play today really flat no emotions what so ever and a lackluster effort . not to mention how bad we were out coached today also. this is the worst lose we have had in a couple years we were just plain stuffed on offense and blown over on defense . marvin better get this s**t fixed now .

Justin will be gone, and Moses is a top 10 draft pick...keep dream kaz ahah

Well with how we played and I still stick by keeping justin :P letting him go is even bigger step backwords because then you put rookie DE in his place and you still have Brob on the otherside...far fetched but why not actually put a good DE on the other side of justin?

If we need to count on Odell Thurman to do ANYTHING --even a year from now-- then this team is truly f***ed.

Carson hasn't really been sharp all year. Even when he's done reasonably well, I think it's just because of natural talent/instincts. Could be the entire offseason focus on rehab has left him behind in ordinary QB prep. He resembled Ben Roethlisberger today.

Brian Simmons came back down to earth today. He's not a game-changer but he'll be able to do the job if the rest of the defense pulls its weight. Again, if we need to count on Odell or Brooks or some other unproven LB to make that happen, then our defense still isn't ready for the next level.

We looked very immature today. Good time for a bye.

I missed the entire 1st half, so I won't comment on that at all...

That being said, I have never seen a defense just completely GIVE UP playing the way they did today... Billy, I'm with you on being on the defenses case and HARD for this game. Palmer runs a close second with the fumbles. (HE PISSED ME OFF TODAY) Tuck the f*cking ball Carson, you are in traffic !!! However, back to my point... The defense reminded me of our defense 3 years ago, when they seemed happy to get their asses ran the f*ck over !!! I was never so embarrassed watching our defense as I was today. EMBARRASSED !!! I saw Bres shaking his head in disgust and rightfully so, his unit didn't do sh*t the whole game.

Miller blew his chance to shine today and Tory can officially take a back seat to Joseph for all I care. The tackling was just stupid and unless he did something in the first half, KK reminded me why I hate him so much and one good week won't change that for me... All I know, is they better get the defense fixed and Carson better pull his head out of his butt and QUICK or this could get stupid UGLY !!!

WHODEY !!!

I didn't even read any thread besids the 1st one. Very frustrated. I think the Bengals had a let down and got big heads like all of us Bengal fans did. We will sting from this for 2 weeks and then guess what? We'll realize that the last years Superbowl team lost to the Patriots too. Let's not kill ourselves. We have the toughest schedule in the league. We need some lessons. Let's take our medicine and move on. I'm going to go vomit, and who-dey. One more thing. The O-line had better step it up. They look like S%!T!

It's hard to watch this defense play. Tory James needs to be benched, he is killing them. The LB's, are completely MIA. The D-line got blown off the ball, the safety help was not there. This was a very bad defensive performance.

The Bengals have got to get better production out of their front 7, this D is known for turnovers, but in the end, there are no hitters, no run stuffers, or gap fillers. Simmons/Miller/Johnson, is about as bad of run stuffing LB's we could put out there.

With all that said the Bengals are still 3 and 1.

Carson hold on to the ball..

Another 0 sack game we dont even pressure the qb with a backup takle playing, all the d players were playing out of there gaps over purseing and sam adams isnt doing to much to secure that middle. If we at least had a d that could stop the run and get some pressure on the qb im not saying a sack all the time but at least some sort of pressure we would have been in the ball game and had a chance to win. I never seen the d give up so bad like i did today very bad. So what is it play calling bad coaching players not in the right postion. It always seems like the wr are always WIDE open like no one is even covering them what the hell is up with that. Im one pissed off bengal fan tonight, we have a very tough schedule if we play more like that we may get mosses in the draft lol lol.

This is the first game ive walked out on since last years game vs Pitt, which this game reminded me of (not counting the KC game, which we didnt play our starters for). The problems today were across the board.

Palmer hasnt looked the same all season. Hes missing on a lot of throws, making stupid decisions, holding onto the ball too long, and fumbling more than Jon Kitna. No one wants to blame him, but eventually you have to point the fingers at the QB. Where the hell is Carson from last year? Either hes scared, hasnt adjusted to an offensive line that couldnt block Kyle Larson, compared to last years line that let him stand back there as long as he needed, or isnt trying as much because of his new contract (I dont think this is why, im just saying its possible). Something is wrong.

You can quote me on this, Ill never diss rudi johnson excessively again, he seemed like the only guy who gave a f**k today. Our problems this year are not on him, hes playing very well. Same goes for the WRs, though id like to see Chad not cower in fear whenever a defender gets near him for once.

The offensive line is whats really getting me mad. This was supposed to be the best in the league, right now it isnt even average. I understand losing Braham hurts, but come on, it cant be this big of a deal. We need to draft or sign a new center, its clear Ghiacuic isnt the guy. Ive defended him in the past, but those days are over. Steinbach is on his way out, he cant pass block for s**t. Willie Anderson.. great useage of that big contract. :rolleyes:

Outside of Justin Smith getting in the backfield a few times, our defensive line was putrid. When you give a QB 4 and 5 seconds to throw a pass, there will always be someone open. Sam Adams? I dont care what he used to be, hes not that anymore. Im not even going to get into the defense, they couldnt tackle me today, even Madieu was missing tackles. Its time for Tory James to get demoted, hes clearly a liability at this point, im sick of seeing him blow coverage every week.

I really really hope the team just overlooked this one and got ready for the bye week early, because if this is an indication of how the team is going to be from here on, I doubt we will win more than 7 games.

Yeah, im venting, im really mad, and ill probly regret posting this, but whatever.