Pittsburgh - The Inside Scoop, Part III

duus

okay... but we did beat those Lions you struggled with 41 to 17. that was only 3 weeks ago... and lets not forget how our teams fared against each-other in both teams MOST IMPORTANT game of the season. 38-31.

Yep... just like we pounded the Browns 41-0 while phantom calls in overtime allowed you to escape with a 23-20 win at home. MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON??? That statement tells me a lot about your outlook on an NFL season.

Isn't there a Steeler message board out there somewhere for your baseless points to be applauded? Or at least pick the SMACK area. Every time I see another Stiller fan comment, the same phrase keeps coming to mind ... it has something to do with "battle of wits" and "unarmed man". Ugh.

Facts are brutal sometimes can't they? I like that though... Derekshank posts about your game against the lions and then about ours, so I do the same thing with the Browns and I have a baseless point. You guys are awesome... can't wait till Sunday.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MM --> "This game Sunday is not easy, and I hope the Steelers aren't looking past it the way the fans clearly are."

Yet, I am accused by Steeler fans on this board of making things up and generalizing the entire fan base.

MM --> "This game Sunday is not easy, and I hope the Steelers aren't looking past it the way the fans clearly are."

Yet, I am accused by Steeler fans on this board of making things up and generalizing the entire fan base.

If that was Mark Madden, then I am confused. He has been very bad about that all week long, he isn't in much of a position to talk.

If that was Mark Madden, then I am confused. He has been very bad about that all week long, he isn't in much of a position to talk.

Yeah, a bit hypocritical to say the least. He has come across as confident as anyone that the Steelers will walk through it this Sunday.

So now Madden is correct, I guess. I'm sure he was referring to a string of moronic callers who are drunk at home screaming "we're going to kick Bungles ass this Sunday!!!!" You should know about that type of fan, cause every team has them and there are quite a few on Begalszone.com message boards.

He's right, it's not going to be an easy game and I don't even know if the Steelers will win. Their D is horrible on 3rd downs and has been for most of the year. There are plenty of other Steelers fans saying the exact same thing on Steelers Message Boards. Of course, you will never see that because you're so engrossed in this "victim" mentality. Us Steelers fans are all arrogant asswipes according to you. Oh, I'm sorry, 98 out of 100 of us are arrogant asswipes.

So now Madden is correct, I guess. I'm sure he was referring to a string of moronic callers who are drunk at home screaming "we're going to kick Bungles ass this Sunday!!!!" You should know about that type of fan, cause every team has them and there are quite a few on Begalszone.com message boards.

He's right, it's not going to be an easy game and I don't even know if the Steelers will win. Their D is horrible on 3rd downs and has been for most of the year. There are plenty of other Steelers fans saying the exact same thing on Steelers Message Boards. Of course, you will never see that because you're so engrossed in this "victim" mentality. Us Steelers fans are all arrogant asswipes according to you. Oh, I'm sorry, 98 out of 100 of us are arrogant asswipes.

Yeah, what he said. :blink:

That, unless they shoot themselves in the foot (turnovers), then, as you say, 9 times out of 10, they will win, and win convincingly. They have used this same story year after year, opponent after opponent. They are always the better team. Yet, they always end up losing.

Funny, how would you know this when, prior to this season, I don't remember the Bengals beating the Steelers since...2003?

Strange. Heck, now that folks around here have "put this one in the win column" for the Steelers, and are looking at the Colts game, I am starting to hear the same thing there. I'm hearing suggestions that "right now" the Steelers are at least as good as the Colts and the only true advantage the Colts have is that it is indoors. The arrogance. Why is it that they simply cannot EVER be the lesser team fighting for the upset? It's like the bully on the playground ... he refuses to admit he will ever be #2. Time for David to hit Goliath in the head. Oh ... I long for those Hines tears to reappear.

Really, could you tell me where you are hearing/reading this? I haven't read anything like that. You're reaching, as you have been for quite some time now. Is it fear that drives you to play victim?

A 5-11 team in the AFC might as well be 9-7 in the NFC. The Bills are not nearly as pathetic as the Lions.

uh, yeah.

The glaring difference is that it was a "W" for the Steelers and an "L" for the Bungles.

uh, yeah.

The glaring difference is that it was a "W" for the Steelers and an "L" for the Bungles.

Won't argue that obviously. That's not the point. My previous posts were meant as obvious speculation, and I made it obvious that this was the case in those posts. I don't need the lame "uh, yeah" attitude.

Every day during the 5:30 Newscast on one of the Pittsburgh stations, a Steeler player joins them for some casual talk about the upcoming game. Tonight was Randle El. To conclude the discussion, Bob Pompeani said that he hoped to be doing this with the Steeler players again next week, talking about Indy. Unprovoked, El looks at him confidently and says, "We WILL see you."

Oh ... and as for CTStiller ... denial. The simple truth can be concluded based upon the information I provide. I have no problem with the fact that you have to deny the truth so as to feel more comfortable being a fan of this team. But, seriously, you sound so silly when the quotes are provided so clearly. It's just a waste of both my typing and reading efforts. Please ... choose a different thread so that BENGAL FANS can use this one to see/hear what is going on in Pittsburgh.

Personally, I am not as hard on the defense concerning the run as many are. Could they be better? Of course. Could they be much better? Yes. I think what has happened since that first Steeler game is that Lewis and staff has decided to stop the run first and let the rest fall where it will. If that is what they are doing, then their biggest defensive weakness is big plays. This happens because 1) they are stacked against the run and therefor have fewer guys to cover even short passes, and 2) the secondary takes chances, and gets big turnovers at times, but also gives up big plays at times. Given those two things added together, you end up with what 'appears to be' a secondary weakness. I actually like the guys we have back there, but I think the decision to stack against the run and play by taking big chances leads to this 'weakness'.

That said, this decision seems to me to be the right one as it puts the opponent into a position where they have no choice but to play fairly one-dimensional. And against a team like Pittsburgh and Baltimore, they are forced to do something they don't like to do ... pass alot ... and not chew up the clock. This leads to frustration on the opponents offensive side of the ball, and probably more turnovers than they are used to, which in turn is more frustration. That's what you had in the December game.

My take on things. A bit oversimplified, but it is a message board afterall. :)

I don't need the lame "uh, yeah" attitude.

Oh I think you do.

Oh ... and as for CTStiller ... denial. The simple truth can be concluded based upon the information I provide. I have no problem with the fact that you have to deny the truth so as to feel more comfortable being a fan of this team. But, seriously, you sound so silly when the quotes are provided so clearly.

I'm denial that fans of the same team of mine can be arrogant? No, I admit that. I also admit that fans of every team can be arrogant. The Bengals faithful (and not so faithful) will be after this season. You'll see and you'll remember me saying this.

When a team wins, the fans are automatically placed into the "cocky" category.

Look, I;m only gonna say this once.

This thread has particular value, it provides information. If you kiddies wanna play "my dad can beat up your dad" do it with PM's or something.

I guess i need to talk to B24 about an age limit or something, cause there's a lot of childish s**t going on right now

To Steelers fans

Follow the rules of this site or leave, Simple as that. There are a few good people out there but your moronic fans far outweigh your opinion. No more excuses, no more reasons, no more explanations.

Now get the thread back at least close to the topic or just don't post in the thread <_<

Look, I;m only gonna say this once.

This thread has particular value, it provides information. If you kiddies wanna play "my dad can beat up your dad" do it with PM's or something.

I guess i need to talk to B24 about an age limit or something, cause there's a lot of childish s**t going on right now

To Steelers fans

Follow the rules of this site or leave, Simple as that. There are a few good people out there but your moronic fans far outweigh your opinion. No more excuses, no more reasons, no more explanations.

Now get the thread back at least close to the topic or just don't post in the thread <_<

Two words ... THANK YOU.

You'll have to excuse me for stooping to the low level of "fighting back" ... I'll do my best to not fall prey again. Back to the much needed information.

Again ... THANK YOU.

(Q was concerning whether you want to go into the playoffs having won) "You would like to, but in the playoffs everyone is starting zero zero. You don't get caught up in what you did in previous weeks. They won our division and beat us here to do so. We understand the challenge ahead of us."

they are arrogant our division meaning they own it lol. i cant wait to kick there assses all over the field.

A more likely reading is that "our" means all of the teams in the division. Don't we refer to the AFCN as "our" division too. Not trying to harsh, but I think that was a little bit of a reach.

keep hearing the Bengals are better at this...better at that...blah, blah, blah.

What I was wondering is besides the + - turnovers and pass YPG...what other big stat category are you better at? Steelers stats are in Bold.

Steelers Bengals

Rush D - 86 YPG. 3.4 AVG. 10 TDs 115 YPG, 4.3 AVG. 16 TDs

Pass D - 198 YPG. 15 TDs 15 INTs 223 YPG. 21 TDs 31 INTs

Rush O - 135 YPG. 21 TDs 119 YPG. 15 TDs

Pass O - 182 YPG. 21 TDs 14 INTs 238 YPG. 32 TDs 14 INTs

Sacks - 47 28

Now, looking at that...the Bengals clearly are better at the passing game. But what else do you own really? We are the better team on paper and if we play OUR game we will win.

And Cincy fans keep saying Ben doesn't pass downfield and doesn't pass long passes. Well, Ben has 12 40 + yard passes and Palmer has 9. So much for that argument.

:sure:

let`s break some f.....bones :angry:

Steelers 34 Bengals 18

Mods ... I'll truly understand if you just remove this thread at this point. I mean, what was supposed to be truly informative has been overtaken by those who simply cannot resist intruding. When they weren't around for the first two games, this idea worked wonderfully. I truly enjoy quoting folks and relaying it to fellow Bengal diehards, but this junk in the middle is getting fairly frustrating.

Mods ... I'll truly understand if you just remove this thread at this point. I mean, what was supposed to be truly informative has been overtaken by those who simply cannot resist intruding. When they weren't around for the first two games, this idea worked wonderfully. I truly enjoy quoting folks and relaying it to fellow Bengal diehards, but this junk in the middle is getting fairly frustrating.

You've played a nice size role in the junk my friend. Nothing personal, but don't act so innocent... it's kind of ridiculous. This will be my last post in this thread. One steelers fan down... several to go.

Don't worry, I think they may be the only ones who can write. At any rate, our agency bosses are coming in from the Pitts on Monday. It would be nice to keep them on task rather than hear them rant about football AND sales levels.

BTW, Dude, did your pastor preach against the vice of rooting for Cincy again?

Don't worry, I think they may be the only ones who can write. At any rate, our agency bosses are coming in from the Pitts on Monday. It would be nice to keep them on task rather than hear them rant about football AND sales levels.

Nice. You do exist! Welcome to the forum!

BTW ... there is a single ticket on eBay for about $100 ... man is that tempting!

Nice. You do exist! Welcome to the forum!

BTW ... there is a single ticket on eBay for about $100 ... man is that tempting!

Just like Santa Claus, and nearly as fat! They've been running reports about counterfeit tix from scalpers and on Ebay. I'm hoping that the Pitts fan buy the majority of those. "Hi, my name is Mark. Do you have any tickets for sale?" If'n you do buy a ticket, you know where to stay...

Then, you beat the Browns(ooh, that's beeen so hard this year) Vikes were on a winning streak playing no one, and we killed Chicago too.

So, forgive me if I'm not scared

You killed Chicago when Kyle Orton had played, what, 1, 2 games? And they weren't playing well at the time. And the Browns win? This is the same team you would have lost to had it not been for a few crap calls by the refs on Bodden when he was on C. Johnson, who, by the way, kisses the officials' asses so bad they give him every call.

I think the Bungles have beaten one good team at the time they played them, and that was the Steelers, who weren't eactly playing well.

Yeah I think the Steelers will win based on the final weeks of the season and the fact that we have more playoff experience, but I could also see Palmer tear the secondary up because our defensive schemes leave a lot fo holes in the secondary and when one of our D-backs does get their hands on the ball they inevitably drop it. The question will be can Ben win in another shootout and can the D put enough pressure on Palmer to force him into bad decisions.

You'd think the dickhead would give us enough respect on our own board to refrain from calling us the "bungles". Stupid little s**t.

(Q was concerning whether you want to go into the playoffs having won) "You would like to, but in the playoffs everyone is starting zero zero. You don't get caught up in what you did in previous weeks. They won our division and beat us here to do so. We understand the challenge ahead of us."

they are arrogant our division meaning they own it lol. i cant wait to kick there assses all over the field.

A more likely reading is that "our" means all of the teams in the division. Don't we refer to the AFCN as "our" division too. Not trying to harsh, but I think that was a little bit of a reach.

keep hearing the Bengals are better at this...better at that...blah, blah, blah.

What I was wondering is besides the + - turnovers and pass YPG...what other big stat category are you better at? Steelers stats are in Bold.

Steelers Bengals

Rush D - 86 YPG. 3.4 AVG. 10 TDs 115 YPG, 4.3 AVG. 16 TDs

Pass D - 198 YPG. 15 TDs 15 INTs 223 YPG. 21 TDs 31 INTs

Rush O - 135 YPG. 21 TDs 119 YPG. 15 TDs

Pass O - 182 YPG. 21 TDs 14 INTs 238 YPG. 32 TDs 14 INTs

Sacks - 47 28

Now, looking at that...the Bengals clearly are better at the passing game. But what else do you own really? We are the better team on paper and if we play OUR game we will win.

And Cincy fans keep saying Ben doesn't pass downfield and doesn't pass long passes. Well, Ben has 12 40 + yard passes and Palmer has 9. So much for that argument.

let`s break some f.....bones :angry:

Steelers 34 Bengals 18

It doesn't matter. We all know that Carson's a better QB anyways.

Nightly Sports Call TV Show (Thursday)

Bob Pompeani and Ron Cook

Much talk about the bowl games (USC, PSU, etc.) and Pirates. This took care of about the first 20 minutes of the 25 minute show. Man, this is eerily similar "off topic discussion" as compared to just prior to the December game. Remember? ... it was a "win in the bag", and the city seemed to be almost "ho hum" at times. Deja Vu.

First Bengal/Steeler game comment came with less than 5 minutes to go in the show.

Caller --> "Is it just my imagination, or are we getting fewer penalties on deep passes?"

BP --> "The secondary is very sound."

The show then finished with some more Pirates and Pitt B-Ball talk. Strange.

That's it. One caller comment, followed by one very short reply by Bob Pompeani. Absolutely nothing more. Very strange.

There is supposed to be a "Steelers Roundtable" TV show tomorrow evening at 7 pm eastern. I'm not sure whether or not I will catch that, but if I do I will be sure to get some really good quotes.

(oh yeah, good to be back on topic)

From Stillers.com

Pittsburgh (- 3 ½) over Cincinnati – I hate the fact that we have to wait til 4:30 on Sunday to watch this. There is something about late games – maybe due to the fact that it breaks the normal routine. That being said, I think the Bengals are in trouble. You can say all you want that the reason you lost by 35 to KC is that ‘we were resting some starters.’ I don’t buy that. I think Cincy blew their load when they beat us here. Carson Palmer is going to be running for his life in this one. And, not to worry, if it comes down to the 4th quarter and the game is close, which it won’t be, we all know what kind of QB Palmer is, as witnessed by his toss at the end of the Bills game. Hey, Carson, you were wearing the fugly, dark uniforms. Ike will do to Chad Johnson what he has done twice already. And, someone will get hurt on the Bengals, whether it is Houza or the punk who took the shot at Ben, someone from the Bengals will be carted off. On offense, it is going to be the Ben and Willy Show. Willy will break a long one, and Ben will throw for about 250. No turnovers for the Steelers and we romp.

I take great comfort in knowing that this guy has been incorrect on almost every account in his weekly predictions ... especially concerning the Bengals.