Bengals-Chiefs Gameday Thread

HoosierCat

Pitt fans are in a snit tonight over the Chargers' loss (an SD win would have sealed the No. 6 seed for them). KC will definitely be coming to play tomorrow now, at least until the second quarter or so when Pitt ought to be up by about 50 on the Lions.

On another note, this makes the Buffalo loss a bit more palatabe, at least to me. Even if we'd won, Denver still would have gotten the 2 seed and the bye.

Fun possible scenario for tomorrow: Pitt loses but gets in because we beat KC. :lol:

Happy (and safe) New Year, everybody!

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did want want the chiefs to get in and the steelers to be out...that was until I tried to wish the chiefs good luck in the game tomorrow and got blasted on their forums. Little cocky bastards...I'll laugh tomorrow when they don't make the playoffs.

I did want want the chiefs to get in and the steelers to be out...that was until I tried to wish the chiefs good luck in the game tomorrow and got blasted on their forums. Little cocky bastards...I'll laugh tomorrow when they don't make the playoffs.

:lol: I guess they haven't learned a thing in the last two years. I dropped by their forum two year ago, when they were rolling undefeated toward Cincy. Everything was fine until I suggested that the Bengals had a few players who might possibly make a few plays. At that point, I was "informed" (and I'm summarizing here) that not only did the Bungles not stand a chance against the clearly best team in the history of the universe, but there was no Bengals player who represented any kind of threat to do anything against their mighty Chiefs counterpart.

Well, we all know how that turned out. :lol:

so if we lose to KC, we play who now? Jax still? Are they a lock?

Yes, Jax is locked into the 5th seed; they nailed that down with their win over Houston last weekend.

Who we play depends on us and the Pats now. If both teams wins, both lose, or Cincy wins and NE loses, then the Bengals are the 3rd seed and will play the sixth seed (probably Pitt, very slight possibility of KC).

If we lose and the Pats win, they take over the 3rd seed, and would get Pitt/KC in Foxboro, while we host Jax.

After watching Drew Brees get his arm hurt yesterday I'm in no hurry to see Palmer start. OTOH his last three outings have been nothing to write home about; you'd also really like to see him get a little mojo back before the first round.

If he sits, I don't have a problem with that. If he starts, I don't want to see him in there any longer than the 1st half, max. (Like Denver did yesterday with Plummer.)

After watching Drew Brees get his arm hurt yesterday I'm in no hurry to see Palmer start. OTOH his last three outings have been nothing to write home about; you'd also really like to see him get a little mojo back before the first round.

If he sits, I don't have a problem with that. If he starts, I don't want to see him in there any longer than the 1st half, max. (Like Denver did yesterday with Plummer.)

It's important I know ahead of time! I'm playing this weekend for the "Dawgbones.com" Fantasy Football League Championship, and Carson is my QB, but I don't want to start if if he's going to sit! I really want to win that because I know a Bengal fan winning their Browns forum league will really stick in their craw!

Fantasy s**t aside, I too watched Brees get hurt yesterday, and I immediately thought about Carson. I'd rather he sit too. No need risking it right now, and Kitna is quite capable.

I'd like for as many of the starters as possible to sit for most if not all of the game. No good reason not to approach this week like a bye week for the starters regardless of the individual goals of the skill players on offense.

Let guys like the Natester, Miller, Navies, Fanene, Big Duane, Askew, Body, etc get their licks in on defense.

per Hobson...

ANSAS CITY, Mo. _ Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis declined to name a starting quarterback before the game, but left tackle Levi Jones was deactivated for Sunday’s regular-season finale here against the Chiefs in ending his streak of 59 straight starts.

Left guard Eric Steinbach moved to left tackle and Scott Kooistra started in his spot. Cornerback Deltha O’Neal (knee) was also out and Keiwan Ratliff started in his spot. Quarterback Carson Palmer, who injured his groin in the next-to-last play against Buffalo, could end up starting all 16 games for the first time in his career. He missed the final three games of last season with a sprained knee. Or, backup Jon Kitna could get his 80th NFL start.

With next weekend’s playoff game at Paul Brown Stadium already locked up , Lewis has indicated he’ll be looking to use all his players at some point Sunday against a Chiefs’ team that still had a faint hope of making the postseason. One player who got the nod is defensive tackle Matthias Askew, a second-year player dressing for a game for the first time this season.

Kooistra is actaully a pretty good lineman in his own right...6'6" 320lbs

I heard Steinbach say he thought Koos could start on some teams so I dont have a problem with him getting reps against KC..

I DO have a problem with Carson playing in this meaningless game..

If he aggravates his groin anymore its going to be all for naught isnt it?