Reggie Myles

walshfan

Reggie Myles  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve of the Bengals' release of Reggie Myles?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other (if that's possible)

Man, what a surprise. That's too bad. I always liked that guy for his enthusiasm.

I did notice during warmups in pregame, he spends an awful lot of time dancing to the music on the PA and mugging for the cameras rather than actually stretching out.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up with a division team or maybe NE.

from da site...

The Bengals today signed rookie CB Patrick Body to the 53-player roster from the Bengals practice squad and released CB Reggie Myles.

Body (6-2, 192; Toledo) signed a two-year contract. He has been on the practice squad since Sept. 4. He signed with the Bengals as a college free agent on April 28, and played in all four preseason games, with one tackle and one forced fumble.

Myles, a fourth-year player from Alabama, played in the 10 Bengals games to date this season, logging seven special teams tackles.

It says, under the recent headlines section "Body activated", but then it's not mentioned in the article.

Hmmm...

Sounds like an ad for a deodorant. :blink:

He has also had ML in his face more than once this year for drawing dumb flags.

I'll bet the thing with Powell lingered on as well. Especially if guys like Thurman were yelling at the veterans during the scuffle.

This team has been through too much and come too far to let one guy divide them over something stupid. I am sure it might also be a message to others that may be losing focus because of the fast start and good record. They have three important games coming up and they can't afford any distractions.

I also wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that Myles has never been a serious candidate for either of the safety positions this year.

Hopefully Marvin got on top of this in time and guys like Odell, etc aren't too affected....I'm sure it's all right...

Marvin don't mess around with that locker room....that's why we have Kitna, Kelly, Big Willie, Richie Braham...

Hope it works out....Body may actually get activated to the game-day 45 for special teams????

So I guess the "Ohalete must go" threads weren't completely inappropriate...

I had the exact same thought...but the idea of throwing Body into the fire at this point in the season just strikes me as a nonstarter. But...get him some ST experience, maybe a series or two here and there...and perhaps we've found someone to team with Madieu next season. We'll see.

I had the exact same thought...but the idea of throwing Body into the fire at this point in the season just strikes me as a nonstarter. But...get him some ST experience, maybe a series or two here and there...and perhaps we've found someone to team with Madieu next season. We'll see.

I'm sure we're stuck with Ohalete for the rest of the season, I'm just glad Marvin isn't accepting the status quo. Who knows, maybe bringing in the kid will shake things up a bit. Make people work a little harder.

Reggie Myles cut is not as big a loss as some might anticipate. He's made some good plays in the past, but he has recently been replaced at the "Gunner" position by Tab Perry, who is an excellent tackler and offers more from scrimmage, albeit on the other side of the ball. In a year or two, he should be an adequate 4th receiver in addition two a solid special teams player. He's averaging almost 24 yards per return (upgrade over last year's returners) and has chipped in 12 tackles on 'teams. In time, he should be good for a few touchdowns a year on returns and from scrimmage. Myles offered nothing on defense and had no true position. His penalties had mental mistakes have been costly this year. I think the fight pretty much sealed his fate.

I like the move to bring up Pat Body, as I called for a few postings ago. He has an excellent size/speed ratio, running a 4.3 40, played well in the preseason and showed excellent tackling ability in addition to a nose for the football. He has experience at Safety and Corner and should contrbute immediately on Special Teams. Marvin must like him to bring him up to the active roster as opposed to signing a "street" free agent like Marques Anderson or Arturo Freeman, who were both cut recently. Good Move!

I am a bit disappointed that this happened. Myles was probably the best special team warrior in the AFC North over the last few seasons. I am sure they know what they are doing, but it does seem a little harsh (assuming the fight was involved with the decision).

I would imagine there was more to it than the one incident. Yes, I agree with you concerning his aggressiveness on the field, but he also cost us dearly on some of his penalties. Over the last three years I have learned to "trust Marvin" in these type of matters. Sometimes a mistake is made, i.e., Neil Rackers and his perfect FG season: 31/31. Perhaps Patrick Body will fill in nicely. I believe Marvin probably saw Myles as a "cancer" on the team that needed to be removed for the best of the Bengals.

From the sound of your quote, you have excluded Kim Herring. I'll tell you this, Herring looked awesome in training camp this summer. He may be getting up in the years, though. What do you think, guys?

HEAVY

SIGH

I did not think it was possible this could happen, particularly at a time when we are so thin at Safety.

I wish him well. He was - not this year, so I say _was_ - hands down the best special teams coverage guy we've had in several years.....production and swagger, like the Ravens of old. Hopefully Reggie himself will give us the story later, albeit he'll probably keep his mouth shut about it a least til he has a new contract.