White Jesus

HoosierCat

...a.k.a. Carson Palmer! How 'bout a little love for our SoCal Savior???

After today's game he's got nearly 2,300 yards, 18 TDs v. just 5 picks, and if my calculations are correct he is just a RCH shy of a 70% completion percentage (69.96)!!!!!!!!!

:jawdrop:

That's just absolutely...heavenly :sure:

The Bengals don't just have a good young Qb, they have what is possibly the best QB in the NFL, who still has plenty of time to improve. He leads the entire league in 3 major passing categories, 2nd in QB rating I think still...and has a 7-2 record. How is he not?

And he's got weapons. He is what separates the Bengals from all of the 4-5, 3-6, and 5-4 teams out there.

Is it possible to have a #1 over-all pick that actually exceeds expectations?

...a.k.a. Carson Palmer! How 'bout a little love for our SoCal Savior???

After today's game he's got nearly 2,300 yards, 18 TDs v. just 5 picks, and if my calculations are correct he is just a RCH shy of a 70% completion percentage (69.96)!!!!!!!!!

:jawdrop:

That's just absolutely...heavenly :sure:

Well, he is on the heals of the record holder, another Bengal favorite. Ken Anderson, 70.55%.

Palmer has equaled his touchdown total of last season in the first nine games, and cut down on the interceptions by about 70%. That is incredible.

Pro Bowl starter, league MVP, offensive player of the year, heck, even comeback player of the year. He should be in line for all of these all year long.

Palmer has equaled his touchdown total of last season in the first nine games, and cut down on the interceptions by about 70%. That is incredible.

Pro Bowl starter, league MVP, offensive player of the year, heck, even comeback player of the year. He should be in line for all of these all year long.

I doubt comeback since you have to have a great season in the past and dissapear to get that. Other than that, the others are possible.

Very few people are talking about LT as MVP anymore. SD is only 5-4, and he didn't crack double digit yards against Philly. I have heard a lot of talk though about Steve Smith (although a WR will probably never win the MVP) and Jake Plummer, who is having a pretty decent season in his own right.

It is my opinion though that Palmer should be the front runner... and I hear a lot of this in the national media, so I don't feel like I'm being overly biased.

Right now I'm happy with having the best QB in the NFL in his second year as a starter. No one seems to recognize this outside of Bengal land.

MVP consideration might be weighted in his favor if they do anything at all in the playoffs, for turning around this franchise at a key skill/leadership position on the field.

IF Palmer continues being as consistent as he has been, a 4,000+ yard season and 30+ TD's with a 100+ QB rating and close to or right on a 70% completion rate is freaking amazing, that's Young/Manning/Elwayesque. I don't think people truly realize how good that is, ecspecially on a Bengals' team that supposably is just making a living off of bottom feeders.

Rest assured without Palmer, Marvin has another sub-500 or .500 team.

Palmer is the difference between an average-to-bad team, and a very good one.

Right now I'm happy with having the best QB in the NFL in his second year as a starter. No one seems to recognize this outside of Bengal land.

Actually, Palmer's been up on top or near the top of Pro Foootball Weekly's list of MVP candidates all season. And I've seen a couple different pundits give him MVP props in their "midseason awards" pieces.

IF Palmer continues being as consistent as he has been, a 4,000+ yard season and 30+ TD's with a 100+ QB rating and close to or right on a 70% completion rate is freaking amazing, that's Young/Manning/Elwayesque.

Yup yup yup. Thanks to our defensive weakness, that still may not be enugh to take us all the way...this year. But this kid is going to get some bling for his fingers in the not too distant future, bet on it. :sure:

Anybody want to revisit that question about whether Palmer is an elite QB yet?

Ignoring the numbers for a moment I was thrilled to read about Palmer patting each of his lineman on the back of the helmet as the game was winding down. It's a small gesture, but it speaks large about the incredible maturity, poise, and humble leadership that Palmer is constantly providing. Arm strength is great and pinpoint accuracy will always get the job done, but I'm a huge Palmer fan because of his personality. You will not rattle him....he won't beat himself up after making mistakes....he takes risks constantly, but they're almost always measured and calculated, and he's no robot. More like a stone cold killer.

I doubt he wins MVP, but he's going to Hawaii...and maybe Detroit.

Without LT, Drew Brees is nothing, and the 4 losses that San Diego has is on their defense, for the most part, for not holding late leads. LT is probably going to snap the single season TD record. Also, the Eagles put their whole defensive scheme on stopping LT, and they did, but almost lost it because they didn't cover anyone else. You can either put 9 people on LT, and lose to Drew Brees, or try to slow everyone else down. LT is definitely the MVP right now. Though, I still think that Carson has been the best QB this year, with Jake Plummer being a very close second.