Week 5 Pundit Prognostication Thread

HoosierCat

Geeze, and Sportsline picks them by the spread too... We're underdogs, and they still pick us to lose giving the points. I hope we show them what's what...

More importantly, all of those Yahoo guys picked the Steelers to lose in San Diego! Good times indeed. B)

*edit* They ALL picked Pittsburgh to lose. Rock on!

I hope Madeiu plays like he says he will, and that TJ's hand heals up by Sunday night...I'll feel a lot better when the lights come on at least, if they do...same with Braham.

I think Braham could be the key to this game. He makes all the o-line calls and if he is in there, the Bengals should have a consistent attack. However, if Guiaciuc has to play, the guards and tackles will have to make calls and assignments might be missed. (i know the coaches respect Guiaciuc, but i'd rather have a guy with a decade experience than a center who has only watched 4 games).

Walter's Predictions

One of my favorite prognosticators on the web picks Cincy:

Bengals (4-0) at Jaguars (2-2). Line: Jaguars by 2½. Over-Under: 37.

Sunday, 8:30 ET

Walt's Projected Line (Before Week 4 Games): Jaguars by 2½.

Walt's Projected Line (After Week 4 Games): Jaguars by 1.

The Game. Edge: Bengals.

Injuries: Bengals: OUT: C Larry Moore, S Kim Herring. QUESTIONABLE: WR Kelley Washington, C Rich Braham, S Madieu Williams. Jaguars: OUT: S Donovin Darius.

The Bengals might be 4-0, but they have beaten up on Cleveland, playing its first game under a new head coach, struggling Minnesota, quarterback-less Chicago and woeful Houston. This is Cincinnati's first test, and I'm sure Marvin Lewis is letting his team know about it.

Lewis needs his team to establish the run if he wants to start this promising season 5-0. Normally, that would be a problem against the Jaguars, who are usually very stout against opposing ground attacks. However, Jacksonville has had problems in that category, as they find themselves ranked 20th. They clearly miss safety Donovin Darius, one of the best run-supporting safeties in the NFL. Rudi Johnson will easily burst through wide-open running lanes, allowing Carson Palmer to play-action into a shaky secondary. After this game, Chad Johnson will be able to put a check in the "no" column beside Rashean Mathis' name.

While Jacksonville lacks proficiency against the run, Cincinnati is actually much worse. The Bengals are ranked 29th, surrendering 4.7 yards per carry. But, even with that said, Fred Taylor could have problems finding space to gain yardage. The Jaguars are having problems with their offensive line, which is why Taylor is only charging for 3.3 yards per rush. If Jacksonville cannot establish a running game, which looks like that will be the case, Byron Leftwich could be victim to a few turnovers, given that the Bengals have already registered 12 interceptions on the year.

Can the Bengals actually commence this campaign with a 5-0 mark? Lewis is doing an incredible job in Cincinnati.

The Trends. Edge: Jaguars.

Double Home Alert: Coaches are 43-32 ATS at home following a home loss since 2001. (JAGUARS)

Jaguars are 4-7 ATS in October home games since 2000.

Line Movement: Jaguars -3 (open) to Jaguars -2½.

Total Movement: 38 (open) to 37½ to 37.

Weather: Showers, 70 degrees. Light wind, 9 mph.

Fantasy Spin

Start Em: Bengals Offense.

Sit Em: Fred Taylor, Jaguars Defense.

Prediction: Bengals by 6. (Bengals +2½). Under.

Well now you're talking my lanquage. When it comes to worthless opinions I care only for those of Peter King. Not enough to regularly bother reading his articles, but I'll follow the link if provided.

Nice.

Not only did he give the Bengals some love, but he predicted Raven and Steeler losses.

Very nice.

And I didn't even mind it when he predicted a Cleveland Brownie win since we all know the Browns are totally irrelevant.

:blush:

From those lovable lunatics at PigskinAddiction: (Link)

BD's Prediction: Cincinnati wins 37 - 13

BD's Take: Lemme get this straight: A Broncos team held together with old gum and sticky used toilet paper whoops the Jagwad’s arse, and you expect me to buy the Bengals laying an egg? There’s a better chance of Chubby taking a pass on fifths at Thanksgiving dinner than this happening! The Bengals are complete and feisty in the same mold Angelina Jolie: they look good, score often (to much applause), and don’t give up more than they need to. People forget who the Bengal’s coach is (crap, what is his name, anyway?): the architect of the Raven’s championship Defense. Look what’s happening: the Bangals D is playing off the hook and their offense (cultivated so patiently) is bearing phat fruit. Sorry to disagree, but Bengals roll huge.

TAK's Prediction: Cincinnati loses 21 - 24

TAK's Take: Finally, a good test for the Bung —uh—Bengals. Jacksonville should return to their normal ways and lock them down. We have to be right at the over/under for when Taylor gets hurt. I say it’s this game. Toefield gets toe jam, and Pearman comes in and saves the day.

TAK's Prediction: Cincinnati loses 21 - 24

TAK's Take: Finally, a good test for the Bung —uh—Bengals. Jacksonville should return to their normal ways and lock them down. We have to be right at the over/under for when Taylor gets hurt. I say it's this game. Toefield gets toe jam, and Pearman comes in and saves the day.

Normally, I won't get pissy when the Bengals are picked to lose a game...It happens. Still, according to this statement we will lose because their starting running back gets hurt and the third stringer wins it instead? :wacko:

Normally, I won't get pissy when the Bengals are picked to lose a game...It happens. Still, according to this statement we will lose because their starting running back gets hurt and the third stringer wins it instead? :wacko:

Hey - I don't write 'em, I just quote 'em

The Bengals are complete and feisty in the same mold Angelina Jolie: they look good, score often (to much applause), and don’t give up more than they need to.

I've never seen an NFL team compared to Angelina Jolie before

:lol:

I know others have referenced this site's picks in the past, but I just wanted to update everyone on the love that they continue to show the Bengals . . .

http://www.pigskinaddiction.com/2005/05/Fri/xdefault.asp

"Prediction: Bengals 37 Jaguars 13

BD's Take: Lemme get this straight: A Broncos team held together with old gum and sticky used toilet paper whoops the Jagwad’s arse, and you expect me to buy the Bengals laying an egg? There’s a better chance of Chubby taking a pass on fifths at Thanksgiving dinner than this happening! The Bengals are complete and feisty in the same mold Angelina Jolie: they look good, score often (to much applause), and don’t give up more than they need to. People forget who the Bengal’s coach is (crap, what is his name, anyway?): the architect of the Raven’s championship Defense. Look what’s happening: the Bangals D is playing off the hook and their offense (cultivated so patiently) is bearing phat fruit. Sorry to disagree, but Bengals roll huge."

I know others have referenced this site's picks in the past, but I just wanted to update everyone on the love that they continue to show the Bengals . . .

http://www.pigskinaddiction.com/2005/05/Fri/xdefault.asp

"Prediction: Bengals 37 Jaguars 13

BD's Take: Lemme get this straight: A Broncos team held together with old gum and sticky used toilet paper whoops the Jagwad’s arse, and you expect me to buy the Bengals laying an egg? There’s a better chance of Chubby taking a pass on fifths at Thanksgiving dinner than this happening! The Bengals are complete and feisty in the same mold Angelina Jolie: they look good, score often (to much applause), and don’t give up more than they need to. People forget who the Bengal’s coach is (crap, what is his name, anyway?): the architect of the Raven’s championship Defense. Look what’s happening: the Bangals D is playing off the hook and their offense (cultivated so patiently) is bearing phat fruit. Sorry to disagree, but Bengals roll huge."

The Bengals are complete and feisty in the same mold Angelina Jolie: they look good, score often (to much applause), and don’t give up more than they need to.

:lol::sure: Now if that ain't a perfect "Sig Line," :yes: I don't know what is!! :bow::rockon: