Week 1 /The Browns game thread....

combatbengal

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all knew, at least anyone paying attention knew, that the offense would need to carry the defense early. So far so good on that score.

And, may I say, Kevin Walter!!!!

By the way, I love the hitting and fire Thurman brings to the D.

Three solid drives by the O. Good stuff. Still a little worried about Palmer underthrowing the long ball. I think he just needs to have some faith that chad will get there and then wing it. It's timing that they're going to get down.

The D... Except for the first run, I'm pleased with the run game D. I'll take the quick hits in the air over the long slow bleeding that we've been used to any day. I'm listening or Radio, so I haven't seen the coverage issues/lapses, and would appreciate any input. Does it look like a SS issue?

Three solid drives by the O. Good stuff. Still a little worried about Palmer underthrowing the long ball. I think he just needs to have some faith that chad will get there and then wing it. It's timing that they're going to get down.

The D... Except for the first run, I'm pleased with the run game D. I'll take the quick hits in the air over the long slow bleeding that we've been used to any day. I'm listening or Radio, so I haven't seen the coverage issues/lapses, and would appreciate any input. Does it look like a SS issue?

Nah, Dilfer picking them apart underneath mostly against pretty tight coverage. A veteran QB in a rhythm.

Btw, funny how immediately in sync the offense got when Rudi took the field from his "time-out", isn't it? CP is a nice change of pace back, but Rudi is what fuels this teams running game. His success opened things up for Palmer and the receivers later in that half.

Really really really would love to see them stick one in the end zone to start this next half and get up by two touchdowns.