How the Hell Can we lose week1?

walzav29

It would be so disappointing to lose week 1. We should not only beat Cleveland, but the Bengals should win by 30. The funny thing is that judging on the past 15 years, I am dreading the chance to lose that game. It will be nerve racking. If you win it's just the Brown, if you lose then your the same old Bungles. I'm sure Marv doesn't want to go 0-3 in openers.

The Denver Broncos's and especially their fans wondered aloud the very same thing last season when they visited here!

The 3 rules of NFL football games:

#1:NEVER take another team too lightly.

#2: Never take a game for granted as a win.

#3: NEVER, EVER...turn down a free beer! Those things cost about 6 bucks!!

These are the games that the Bengals are going to have to win consistently if they are going to get the play off gorilla off their back. It doesn't do you any good to beat the teams that are leading the other divisions one week .... and then turn around and lose to the likes of the Browns or Cards the next.

:player:

I changed my mind...I started thinking about it and couldn't see Cleveland coming to our house to beat us.

Disregard my comments, much as DPM disregards logic.

You MUST win the games your favored in to make getting to the playoffs anything but an uphill battle.. The Stains game is one of those games...

No, they souldnt win by 30! They will probably be favored by 7. I see them winning IF they stay away from turnovers and penalties that kill drives or sustain opposing drives.... Mental part of the game is so crucial this year.. We overlooked it last year because of the injuries and youth playing.. It cant be that way this year if they want to make a run at the division title...

wel this game should be easier due to that fact, that we shouldn't be seeing any impact from there 1st rounders, except jeff faine and pot head #31.

Cause winslow should or could still be hampered from his moto injury,and Braylon should not be making any impact in his 1st NFL game at least i hope not.....

"How the Hell Can we lose week1?"

Easy, our inconsistent incumbant starting RB goes 19 for 31 or something like that, which isnt unlikely.

That, or when hes having one of his pattented 1.5 ypc first halfs the browns get a big lead on us, which cant be overcome despite his 2 stat padding 20 yard runs in the 2nd half when the game is out of reach.

wel this game should be easier due to that fact, that we shouldn't be seeing any impact from there 1st rounders, except jeff faine and pot head #31.

Cause winslow should or could still be hampered from his moto injury,and Braylon should not be making any impact in his 1st NFL game at least i hope not.....

What about Courtney Brown? :D

Easy, our inconsistent incumbant starting RB goes 19 for 31 or something like that, which isnt unlikely.

That, or when hes having one of his pattented 1.5 ypc first halfs the browns get a big lead on us, which cant be overcome despite his 2 stat padding 20 yard runs in the 2nd half when the game is out of reach.

If nothing else, you have to hand it to Don'tPushMe for his uncanny ability to turn EVERY thread into a Rudi Johnson bashing.

I must know--are you Corey Dillon? Or are you just his lover?

We will not only Win Game one ...

We will come out all Fired-UP and Blow the Browns Out.

Funny :rolleyes: You talk about how bad Rudi is, but he broke Dillons record with a busted up offensive line. Who played center last year? Braham, Moore, Fontenot? All three started last year. Fontenot came out of retirement, Braham is on the edge of retirement. And Moore won't be starting center this year. Steinbach was playing with a bad arm had elbow surgery, Anderson and Jones (surgery right before training camp) played with a bad knees. Only man that was healthy all season was Williams and he was new to Alexanders offensiveline schemes.

And a first year starting QB.

How many top 10 defenses did Dillon play against. Baltimore, Jets., Miami, and Buffalo.

The only team in the top ten in defense that Rudi didn't play against was Tampa.

Check out the top 16 defenses.

2 games against Pittsburgh #1 against Baltimore #6 and Cleveland #15 Total six games.

Then add 1 game each, Buffalo #2, Washington #3, Denver#4, New York Jets #7, Miami #8, New England #9, Philadelphia #10 New York Giants #13 and Dallas #16 Total 9 games.

Fifteen games against the top 16 in defense. Eleven of those against top 10 defenses.

This is against top 10 total defensive teams. Rudi only had 10 games against top 10 in rushing defense. Dillon had 5 games against top 10 in rushing defense and 6 games against team in top 16 in rushing defense.

I could see the Bengals blowing it week 1. I'm not saying they will...but we're basically starting off the season with a trap game. My bet is that, with all the changes in Cleveland, the Clowns will be pretty discombobulated the first week, and probably for the first few weeks. (Sort of like us v. Denver in the opener a couple years ago.) So all the Bengals should have to do is play clean, mistake-free ball and the game will come to them. All that said...any time you see the words "Bengals" and "mistake-free ball" in the same sentence, the potential for disaster is very real.

a win over Cleveland doesn't count any more than a win over Pittsburgh or Baltimore that early. Starting off the season with a road division win is huge. Who knows what kind of game takes a team to another level. I'll never know, but if Kenny doesn't fumble in the 4th vs. Pittsburgh on the road, Pittsburgh doesn't make the playoffs. That team got momentum and got on a roll. No way they were a 15 - 1 team. That's why even a win over Cleveland to start is big. Bigger yet on the road.

discombobulated

Going to school and getting an education means you can use long, complicated words like this.

Running around the hills and raising your kilt in a disorderly fashion towards south of the border, instead of going to school, means you can't understand long, complicated words like this.

discombobulated

Going to school and getting an education means you can use long, complicated words like this.

Running around the hills and raising your kilt in a disorderly fashion towards south of the border, instead of going to school, means you can't understand long, complicated words like this.

LOL :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm not sure it's an actual word, but it was a favorite of my mother's, and somehow...it just sounds right...

If it's not a word, it ought to be. ;)

Edit: waddya know? It actually is a word...

http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book...=discombobulate

Edited by JoiseyCat

discombobulated

LOL :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm not sure it's an actual word, but it was a favorite of my mother's, and somehow...it just sounds right...

If it's not a word, it ought to be. ;)

Edit: waddya know? It actually is a word...

http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book...=discombobulate

Oh, trust me, I know it's a word. I am one of those people who went to school and got an education at the expense of running around the hills and raising my kilt in a disorderly fashion..... :D

My bet is that, with all the changes in Cleveland, the Clowns will be pretty discombobulated the first week, and probably for the first few weeks.

I bet the same thing vs. Jets in last year's season opener what with a new DC, 3 out of 4 new starting DBs, couple new LBs, etc...

But the Clowns changes are considerably greater from top to bottom and the Bengals push to get off to a winning start has all the makings of a blowout in the stripes favor. :player:

They just got to stay reasonably healthy instead of being short key players from injury like last year's opener.

I'm just glad the first 5 or 6 games on our schedule look fairly easy. The biggest problem with the Bengals the last 2 years has been their 1-4 starts in both seasons. That means that for the last two years the Bengals have gone 7-4 after week 5. If we can get off to a quicker start, it could be a great season, and we aren't playing too many tough teams.

Week 1 - at Cleveland

Week 2 - Minnesota (their defense is improved, but it's in Cincy)

Week 3 - at Chicago

Week 4 - Houston

Week 5 - at Jacksonville

Week 6 - at Tennessee

I see a worst case scenario being 4-2. Maybe if we lose a game we really shouldn't 3-3, but in either case we'll be better than 1-4. I'd say things are looking good this season win or no win in week 1. (preferably a win in week 1, or else everyone will keep calling us the Bungles)

The first game scares me.

New coach, all the emotion that goes with a fresh start, I can close my eyes and see Dilfer having one of his "idiot savant" games with 16 of 23 passing and 200 yards on dinks and dunks, Cleveland controls the ball more than we expect, and the crowd carries them to a 20-17 win after a bad call by the official gives them the ball on a turnover when our guy was obviously down.

Just sayin', it's a dangerous game. Wasn't it the Ravens who opened in Cleveland last year and got thumped?

I am just glad that ML has his mind on a fast start, at least they won't be overlooking it.

I'm just glad the first 5 or 6 games on our schedule look fairly easy. The biggest problem with the Bengals the last 2 years has been their 1-4 starts in both seasons. That means that for the last two years the Bengals have gone 7-4 after week 5. If we can get off to a quicker start, it could be a great season, and we aren't playing too many tough teams.

Week 1 - at Cleveland

Week 2 - Minnesota (their defense is improved, but it's in Cincy)

Week 3 - at Chicago

Week 4 - Houston

Week 5 - at Jacksonville

Week 6 - at Tennessee

I see a worst case scenario being 4-2. Maybe if we lose a game we really shouldn't 3-3, but in either case we'll be better than 1-4. I'd say things are looking good this season win or no win in week 1. (preferably a win in week 1, or else everyone will keep calling us the Bungles)

To go 4-2 in our division means we just about have to take both games from the Stains... Getting splits with the other two is tough enough..

6-4 against the rest of the opponents is not out of the question.

Houston, Jax and Minnesota are going to test us severly... God a 4-2 start would be great....