Terrell Owens

Redskins | Gibbs Frustrated with Taylor - from www.KFFL.com

Thu, 7 Apr 2005 09:34:49 -0700

Jason La Canfora, of the Washington Post, reports Washington Redskins head coach Joe Gibbs is frustrated S Sean Taylor has not been regularly attending the team's offseason program. Taylor is unhappy with his current contract. Gibbs said the team has held discussions with him to hear his concerns, but they do not appear inclined to greatly alter the deal.

HE WANTS A NEW DEAL? SAY WHAT? He was the No. 5 overall pick last year, got a $40 million contract...and now he isn't making enough money????? WTF???

Taylor gets my nod for "NFL ***hole Of The Week." :wacko:

Well that shows you what I know -- I really thought he would be a great player for the Bengals last year.

Looks like a head case!

Sometimes it good that we don't get what wish for.

IN MARVIN WE TRUST

Kind of like the Latrell Spreewell saying, " I need to feed my family". He only made $17 mil a year.

Sean Taylor you haven't earned any of that contract yet. You will get your extension before you become a free agent you peice of crap. I bet if he got an extension this year, he will want one next year. What a turd :angry:

Thank God we have no greedy peices of crap on the Bengals.

I HATE GREEDY OVER-PRICED PLAYERS :angry::angry::ph34r:

I'm not so sure he's purely a "wacko" :wacko: head case as much as he's also all too aware of just how inclined the guy he plays for (Redskins owner Dan Snyder) is to rediculously over-pay players.

I'm not absolutely sure, but I think I heard the 'Skin's payroll was among the leagues highest, if not the highest during these recent years, and what has spending all that money gotten him in return? All I can see is a lighter wallet.

I think Mr. Taylor intends to help lighten it a tad more.

Redskins | Gibbs Frustrated with Taylor - from www.KFFL.com

Thu, 7 Apr 2005 09:34:49 -0700

Jason La Canfora, of the Washington Post, reports Washington Redskins head coach Joe Gibbs is frustrated S Sean Taylor has not been regularly attending the team's offseason program. Taylor is unhappy with his current contract. Gibbs said the team has held discussions with him to hear his concerns, but they do not appear inclined to greatly alter the deal.

HE WANTS A NEW DEAL? SAY WHAT? He was the No. 5 overall pick last year, got a $40 million contract...and now he isn't making enough money????? WTF???

Taylor gets my nod for "NFL ***hole Of The Week." :wacko:

Pshhhh ;)

T.O. talking crazy about his contract too.

Players like that piss me off. I can go into a 3 page rampage about this, but to keep it short, you are getting paid millions to play a sport you love..hmm think about that for a second.

Not that it is an easy job by any stretch of the imagionation, but its not like they are finding cures for cancer.

With some hockey players (not all but some) whineing through the lock-out, Spreewell, this, etc...its an annoying broken record.

Philly Sal may as well be on the Rosenhaus payroll with that tripe.

And, check out Pasq today for quote where Owens threw McNabb under the bus, backed up, and ran over him again.

Class. Nothing but class.

Here's my Ravenscentric point of view on both of these issues:

T.O. - I believe that sometimes the universe visits small evils upon you to save you from big ones. I was almost convinced that he was a misunderstood team guy. Almost believed it. Now, not so much.

Taylor - Dude!! Ed Reed, still on his rookie contract, is suggesting to the Ravens he should be paid more. The Ravens are thinking about it, but have nicely suggested that he wait his turn, and he will be taken care of. As the standing Defensive Player of the Year, that is okay. Especially since it won't be a distraction come the season. What the hell has Taylor done? Teams need to crack down on these players.

Here's my Ravenscentric point of view on both of these issues:

T.O. - I believe that sometimes the universe visits small evils upon you to save you from big ones. I was almost convinced that he was a misunderstood team guy. Almost believed it. Now, not so much.

Taylor - Dude!! Ed Reed, still on his rookie contract, is suggesting to the Ravens he should be paid more. The Ravens are thinking about it, but have nicely suggested that he wait his turn, and he will be taken care of. As the standing Defensive Player of the Year, that is okay. Especially since it won't be a distraction come the season. What the hell has Taylor done? Teams need to crack down on these players.

Arizona:

You all should be thanking your lucky stars that T.O. took that act up the road. Philly fans are getting the very bitter that comes with Owens' sweet.

Agreed on Taylor too, what an ass. If Ed Reed is still working under his rookie deal, well then, guess what Sean? Drew Rosenhaus or no Drew Rosenhaus, shut your mouth, actually progress as a football player, and then come back to talk.

Good points.

:o Let us not forget fellows that our own beloved Chad Johnson, has Drew as his new agent, and Chad signed an extension 1 or 2 years ago for about 26 mil. He has started the last 2 pro bowls he may want $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ also...PLEASE lets HOPE NOT!!!!! :o

:o Let us not forget fellows that our own beloved Chad Johnson, has Drew as his new agent, and Chad signed an extension 1 or 2 years ago for about 26 mil. He has started the last 2 pro bowls he may want $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ also...PLEASE lets HOPE NOT!!!!! :o

I think it's in that comparison -- which I think is a good one -- you'll see the difference in personalities and loyalty towards a team, coach, and city. It's awesome we have Chad -- I think he's a Bengal through his contract (for life is another deal since no one stays in one city any f'ing more) without fuss.

• 3 weeks later...

I think this is absolutely pathetic. It shows me that even when these guys put their names on a piece of paper signing their loyalty that it really means nothing to them. I like to use the example of a cell phone contract. One you are in one of those your in it, and if you try to get out they bust your arse with cancellation fees(just tried to switch companies, can you tell) :P And the worst part about it is that these rich puss's cave almost every time! I say once you sign your name you have made a binding agreement to perform services. Those guys always want to get paid when they "outperform" their contract, so the teams should be able to get money back when you get injured or are a bust! :angry: Sorry, this is the kind of crap that turns me off from the things I love(sports)