How do you rate this years super bowl?

Here are my opinions not that they matter.

Introduction of the players = sucked. I like the old days when they introduced the players.

Commercials = Not that great. Wasn’t impressed with them at all. Had a few laughs but over all, not impressed.

The game = Good game. It was close. Have no idea what the Eagles were thinking at then end of the game wasting all that time.

Half time show = sucked! Only one performer and I’m not a Beetles fan.

MVP winner = Well deserved!

C. Dillon = Good game. Looked as if he was hurting at the end of the game, but played very well.

halftime show was the best in years, paul mcnarty is 100 times better then justin timberlake and janet jackson, only one that might be close is zz top several years ago haha

commercials marginal

game better then i thought it would be

Here are my opinions not that they matter.

Introduction of the players = sucked. I like the old days when they introduced the players.

Commercials = Not that great. Wasn’t impressed with them at all. Had a few laughs but over all, not impressed.

The game = Good game. It was close. Have no idea what the Eagles were thinking at then end of the game wasting all that time.

Half time show = sucked! Only one performer and I’m not a Beetles fan.

MVP winner = Well deserved!

C. Dillon = Good game. Looked as if he was hurting at the end of the game, but played very well.

First off, welcome to "The 'Zone" combat! Cool name. Are you in the Military?

Anyway...Commercials were so-so, except for the Bud commercial with the people in the airport applauding the American troops coming home. Classy.

The game: Much better than I thought it would be. Had not McNabb thrown all those picks, Philly would be the Champs!

Halftime show/Paul McCartney: You may be too young to remember the Beatles, or just not like his pop type of music. To each his own. I thought it was pretty entertaining, and vastly better than Janets boob, and I really like boobs! :lol:

Ditto on the MVP and Corey Dillon. I thought he played well.

The half-time show was much better. Of course I'm a little biased since I absolutely hate the current vapid, cookie cutter pop music that the teenyboppers seem to love so much. Last year, I had stopped watching the half-time show about 1/3 of the way through because I couldn't stand the music any more. I'm so glad there's internet radio...

I have to agree regarding the halftime show. McCartney is very talented, and I enjoy the songs, but it was not a "show." The stage he was playing on was more exciting than the performance. The concept behind the super poppy show last season was to reach out to another generation, and capture younger interest, especially from an unheard of demographic, younger girls. The show last year, albeit musically lacking, was, uh, visually entertaining. Paulie, I respect you, but you just bore me.

As far as the game, well worth it. The commercials, no debate, for the 4th year in a row, they are on a steady decline.

The stage he was playing on was more exciting than the performance.

It was some stage, wasn't it? They spent some serious bucks there didn't they?

The show last year, albeit musically lacking, was, uh, visually entertaining.

For me it sure was. The more PC crowd wouldn't agree though... <_<

I think the only commercial that made me laugh out loud was the one where the cat knocks over the tomato sauce. That was classic - but I actually can't recall what the commercial was supposed to be for, so I guess it wasn't a very good commercial.

The outcome of the game was as I hoped, but I was hoping for a Patriots blowout - I hate the Eagles. I can't help it. I've never liked McNabb as a player, and TO grates on my nerves. I really wish they had piled it on and the Eagles had been completely emasculated.

McCartney was better than the last few shows, but he's never really been my cup of tea. I was always partial to George Harrison.

and TO grates on my nerves.

T.O. totally shocked me by being able to play as well as he did. Either he heals very rapidly, or he wasn't as "hurt" as we were led to believe in a ploy by the Eagles to get the Pats to thinking they weren't going to have to deal with him. Then when he does show up, they take him as nothing more than a diversion, which he definitely wasn't!

T.O. totally shocked me by being able to play as well as he did. Either he heals very rapidly, or he wasn't as "hurt" as we were led to believe in a ploy by the Eagles to get the Pats to thinking they weren't going to have to deal with him. Then when he does show up, they take him as nothing more than a diversion, which he definitely wasn't!

He did play very well. A miracle healing my rear, I'll bet it was a deliberate deception. Smart move too... :P

The cat commercial has soooo damn funny. I thought the game was pretty sloppy, especially the first half. Looked like a couple of high school teams out there to me. Even though I've never been able to stand the guy, I actually gained some respect for T.O. yesterday mo matter what the case was with his injury. I still don't like him though, but he moved off the Randy Moss, Jeremy Shockey level

i was at a bar so dunno about the commercials but i can tell u the halftime show was shot very poorly. the camera angles were terrible. as for the game it was ok. the only reason it was ok was it was close. nothing really exciting happened for me.

Commercials: Alright, I guess. The cat in the tomato sauce was great, and I loved the one with MC Hammer (I'm partial to anything with Hammer).

Halftime: Much more enjoyable for me than any other SB halftime I've seen. Much, much better than that awful skank Gretchen Wilson on the pregame show...god, she's awful. I just liked that there were some big production elements to it, but otherwise it was really just about McCartney and his music.

Game: Not Rams-Titans, but not Ravens-Giants, either. It was just alright...I think it will be more exciting next year when the Bengals are there :player:

BN1281

I HATED halftime. Paul sucked. I would have liked to see a band like Foreigner, Steve Miller Band, or even Loverboy ^_^ do halftime one year.

The game was a bore. I was going it and out of it, and my Biometrics paper. It was like any other game, expect with newer commercials.

My favorite was that godaddy.com one, and the Bear and Burt Reynolds one. I liked last years better.

Game - Way too sloppy to be considered a classic. Philly will go down in histrory as just another team that reflects on how easily they could have beaten the Patriots if only they had made fewer mistakes. The script never changes. The Pats don't beat themselves. They simply play sound football while waiting for their opponent to self destruct. As a result, greatness is boring the crap out of most of America.

Commercials - I treated the game like every other and TIVO'd thru most of the commercials. Stopped only when I saw something that caught my eye. After reading the ad reviews I'd say my only regret is missing Burt Reynolds get kicked in the nuts. I might have enjoyed that. However, I did manage to catch the AB ad with the returning veterans being cheered as they walked thru the airport. Very nice. That said, I wish they would have found a way to include in the commercial a way to show belated thanks to the Vietnam vets. Over several decades now I've repeatedly been embarrassed by the way this country either belittles, misrepresents, or most often...completely ignores their sacrifice. Yes, it's nice to see us get it right this time, but I can't help thinking that our getting it right might also feel like just another slight to those who didn't get that type of respect or thanks. Last, how did I find myself on this soapbox? Sorry.

Halftime -I fast forwarded thru most of it. In fact, I didn't catch up to realtime action until early in the 4th quarter. Sorry, with TIVO it's way too easy to plan things out that way and I doubt I missed much.

Cheerleaders - I have never seen a squad as impressive as the Eagles. Ever.

Burt Reynolds getting kicked in the nuts was cool.

As for the rest of the commercials, that godaddy.com ad was really stupid but the chick with the big tatas can hang at my house any time. The rugby/Gladys Knight thing was real dumb. The Lays bit with MC Hammer was hilarious. That's about all that really hit me.

Re the game: I agree, way too sloppy a game. The Pats did make make it interesting, tho, shooting themselves in the foot multiple times with dumb penalties, esp. false starts early. And the Jon Kitna imitation by Brady, fumbling in the red zone and losing posession, was as spot on as Dana Carvey doing Bush I. McNabb looked like ca-ca; his first two picks were horrible throws that should have never been made. Deion Branch was the best receiver on either team (tho TO gets props for his quick comeback).

Halftime, skipped it. Was reading bedtime stories to my daughter. You only get so many chances to do that; McCartney I can hear whenever I want.

Cheerleaders: yes.