MNF and the Broncos

BengalBobNC

When I first saw the 2004 schedule I thought, tough schedule. Then I saw the two national tv games and thought, "Great! I can stay home and watch at least two games this year!"

I am now dreading the MNF game. :angry:

Quick aside here: I watch MNF only occasionally anymore, mainly due to my disdain for its chief punk Al Michaels. The downfall of MNF, IMO, was being forced to listen to games covered by Al, Dan "The Dick" Dierdorf, and "Wishy Washy" Frank Gifford. Second: No Melissa Stark! Third: Too often the games are not that good.

Back to the dreading: If we do not get our act together and fast, Denver is going to make us look bad....real bad. Not 34-17 at the hands of the not that good Browns bad. I'm talking 48-6 in our house on national tv bad. :angry:

The only other game I am truly dreading: Dec 12 @Patriots, if Dillon is healthy, and we are playing like we currently are...it is going to be painfully ugly. I'm talking physical pain. I'm talking "Chad, please send me some Pepto" sickening.

I was expecting growing pains with Carson getting his experience, knowing that he will be that much better next year. And I've said it, along with others, that injuries have hurt us, but we were competitive (Jets & Steelers games come to mind). But to come off a bye week, team talking "must win", expecting intensity, and get that? What would the final score had been if it wasn't for the Browns turnovers? Would it have been a shutout?

Get your sh*t together guys. You are professionals after all.

I hope they surprise everyone and this Monday...but I am dreading this game.

Wow you guys aren't excited about anything, are ya? Show some support for your team. Maybe a miracle will happen. :unsure:

Well hell, what do you want from us? No sense in talking crap just to hear ourselves talk. If the team gave us any shred of reason to, some of us might, but no reason to show excessive stupidity at this point. None.

Wow you guys aren't excited about anything, are ya? Show some support for your team. Maybe a miracle will happen. :unsure:

What the hell are we supposed to be excited about? I've been a Bengal fan since '68, so how's THAT for support? I doubt you'd be any f**kin' different if the Bronco's would have screwed their fans over 14 long years! Nevermind. You probably can't remember anything that happened before the last Denver Super Bowl win with Elway. Yay for you. <_<

Wow, guys calm down. I'm just as disappointed as everyone else but is there any such thing as support for your team. I know that the Bengals have sucked for a long time, but we're not gonna change overnight. We have the players and coach to build a team around, show some support and maybe we'll get somewhere soon (hopefully).

show some support and maybe we'll get somewhere soon (hopefully).

Hmmm. I know I've heard this before, I just can't put my finger on it. Oh! I remember now!! I've heard it only every year for the past decade or so, that's all! :wacko:

show some support and maybe we'll get somewhere soon (hopefully).

Hmmm. I know I've heard this before, I just can't put my finger on it. Oh! I remember now!! I've heard it only every year for the past decade or so, that's all! :wacko:

But you have to admit Bill, it's really not like other seasons. It's different. Before it was like, "oh the same ol' don't care, lack of conditioning, over-rated and over-paid players with appeasement coaching Bengals", than today. I really can't put my finger on it, stats or trends, but I know our struggles now are hear for a purpose. The trial and error of youngsters as well as the learning curve for Coach Lewis.

But you have to admit Bill, it's really not like other seasons. It's different.

True. Some factors are different. The problem is the main factor...the only factor that really counts is no different. The wins versus losses factor. That damn factor is the one that really gets my goat! One win. Just ONE, and we had to eek that one out at home against that powerhouse Miami, and without Palmer finally putting a drive together late, we may not even of had that game as a win!

I truthfully expect a major embarrassment next monday night. What reason might I have to expect anything else? I'd really like to have one. Does anyone have one they might like to share? :( Try to make it reasonable. I'm all out of "Well, you just gotta believe!" If that worked for me I'd still be going to church on Sundays.

I truthfully expect a major embarrassment next monday night.

I agree that a blowout could very well happen, but I never "expect" a blowout.

If our defense gives Plummer a lot of pressure and forces him to throw the ball and forces him to beat us, we might have a chance to at least keep it close. But our offense also has to step up and do their jobs. We can't drop 10 passes again and expect this game to even be close.

MNF might not be the bloodletting it felt like it would be after watching the Browns game, but I wouldn't bet a bottle of beer that it won't be.

On Playbook, Sharpe, Wilcots, and Parker were all of the consensus that the Donkeys aren't much better than a .500 team until they beat .500 teams. Their sked hasn't been the stiffest with wins over teams that are at least as bad as the Bengals have played (Bucs, Panthers, Chargers, and Raiders) and arguably worse.

Their D is ranked #1 total right now, but, again, look at the O of the teams they've been up against. Champ is proly the best CB in the game right now and the rook DJ Williams is their leading tackler and likely an All-Pro for years to come, but the rest of the bunch shouldn't strike awe or fear for a team w/ the potential O of the Bengals.

The Donks are #1 running the ball and Droughns or whoever they run has the chance to set the single-game rushing record vs. Bengals like the feature back of any team does. Again on Playbook, they were scoffing at Washington and Sapp vs. Droughns w/ the point made that the big fatties wear down hard when the other team runs more than 50 times. Something might be said for the Bengals team speed on D for this one. But it's just a whisper at this point.

The trial and error of youngsters as well as the learning curve for Coach Lewis.

Speaking of youngsters, I had no idea just how bad Landon Johnson got rocked by the Browns FB until I saw the wide angle today. The Browns lined up their FB wide and he ran full speed into the middle of the field to knock the absolute Jesus out of Landon, who never saw it coming.

Hopefully that play can also contribute to MLs learning curve:

1) Don't play a 225-lb rookie at MLB.

2) Get that GD play in the playbook B)

If our defense gives Plummer a lot of pressure and forces him to throw the ball and forces him to beat us, we might have a chance to at least keep it close. But our offense also has to step up and do their jobs. We can't drop 10 passes again and expect this game to even be close.

Our defense has not been able to pressure any QB this year except for the Miami game. I don't think we have the ability or desire. Hope I am wrong.

Cometh the hour, cometh the man!

Bengals 24-21 Bronco's after overtime

I'm advocating reverse psychology. I've been upbeat all year, pointing out injuries, inexperienced youth, over persuing defenses trying too hard to make the big play, playcalling mysteries may be a direct result of trying to catch the defense expecting run and we pass, etc, etc. For what end?

Reverse psychology, perhaps it will work. I seriously doubt that any Bengal actually reads this stuff.

It's going to be a beating, 48-6.

It's on National Television!! They have to step up for the sake of pride and at least make a game out of it! As long as that happens, I really don't care if they win or lose. JUST BE COMPETITIVE!! GIVE THE FANS THEIR MONEY'S WORTH!!

It's on National Television!! They have to step up for the sake of pride and at least make a game out of it! As long as that happens, I really don't care if they win or lose. JUST BE COMPETITIVE!! GIVE THE FANS THEIR MONEY'S WORTH!!

If they only win two games this year, please God let it be the two night games on National TV!