Did Perry play?

jditty47

I think he was active, but wasn't used. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

In the Lewis news conference today, he mentioned that they had some plays designed for the Dolphins that featured Perry, but that they didn't get a chance to use them. He said that he will play a lot of football this year, though, so I'm thinking we'll see him sooner than later.

Well, he hasn't been healthy enough to practice much, and ML is usually pretty serious about beating out the guy ahead of you---and no way he has beaten out Watson yet.

I wanted him nowhere near the field Sunday night, that game was so ferocious and so hard-hitting that I cannot think of a worse situation to get him his first game experience. One fumble, one wrong route, one wrong blitz pick-up by the rookie running back and they could have lost that game. Not worth the risk.

We will see Perry, and he will help this team win games at some point. But it will be in situations where he will help the team, not potentially hurt the team.

Maybe Marvin is giving him the "ride the bench and learn what you can" treatment that he gave Carson. :rolleyes:

This approach is working. I think Marvin may believe that Skill Players need that first year for learning.

I think that's a real good philosophy. It gives your rookies a time to develop by learning--but also a time to relax a bit.

Good call, man.

man he wouldnt have hurt the team. big game ppl have big game ability. Perry has big game ability. u are crazy.

He fumbled first time he touched the ball in the preseason. Don't want to test his first touch in the regular season in that particular game.

man he wouldnt have hurt the team. big game ppl have big game ability. Perry has big game ability. u are crazy.

I agree he has the ability but as membengal points out, he hasn't practiced much due to injury. I think keeping him out of the Miami game was a good call. Hopefully he can get some work in this week and be ready Sunday. We could use a new offensive wrinkle to throw at the Ravens.

Give me a big freakin' break. I'd rather have Skip Hicks than this hack, Chester.

Chester Taylor.....this must be a joke. From the Ravens website:

Pro Summary:

Versatile player with good speed with great open-field moves and toughness to run between the tackles...Also has return skills...Saw action in all 16 regular season games, starting 1, plus saw action in the Ravens’ postseason contest in 2003. Likes long walks on the beach with other men. Enjoys interior decorating and mens high-fashion. Loves Baltimore for its lively nightlife and mens club scene.

Is this the guy you think is better than our starter, Rudi? You need professional psychotherapy Jam, shihc is funny because your posts alternate between good insiht and crazed, delusional lunacy.

Perry was suited up, I saw him on the sidelines. But he didnt play at all. He shouldnt have, hes third on the depth chart and Watson has done well.

I hate to harp on this, but Perry still convinces me -- both by playing time and performances -- that he's a wasted first round pick when we could have picked up someone like Grove and added to our young and eventually awesome line.

We can speculate all we want, but it is what it is; and "it" is not playing at all.

I still think the only reason we have Perry was to strong armed Rudi into signing either his tender or a multi-year deal. Either way, this was lack of judgment -- again, as of right now.

please. hater in the house. perry WILL be our future. you dont draft a first rounder to strong arm somebody. he'll start by the end of the season if we have no shot at the playoffs. Its highly unlikely at this point if we are gonna resign rudi. Notice the "at this point," ill end the observation there.

Perry would've put up worse #'s than Rudi or Watson has the last two weeks. If anyone strong armed someone it was Mike Brown strong arming Lewis to pick Perry...don't think that Brown doesn't still have the final say on 1st round picks - he's always done that. And he's terrible at judging college talent.

Perry showed absolutely nothing in the preseason that says he's better than Rudi.

Rudi will get off the schnide after this Sunday, 3 top 5-10 defenses in a row with an injury riddled o-line and new players (Williams, Fontenot) add-up to 67 yards a game.

That said Rudi looked great in the preseason and then has not looked sharp the last two weeks - despite having some nice runs w/YAC, he just hasn't been as consistent as he usually is, despite the non-existent blocking.

Bratkowski needs to call a better game and get Washington involved in the offense and start designing plays for Rudi - straight up fast hitting plays off tackle and up the middle, and have Palmer use more play fakes. Last week's vanilla offense was pitiful.

3 reasons why Perry has not played RB

1. He's not as good and reliable as Rudi and Watson right now.

2. He's nursing minor injuries.

3. It's more important for CP to get games under his belt w/o an inexperienced RB in the mix.

The #2 might explain why Perry doesn't play special teams if he hasn't been getting in. But he might not be among the best available players on that squad either.