Week 8: Eagles @ Bengals

HoosierCat

Eagles spent yesterday mauling the hapless Giants 28-3. It was competitive early tho. Philly didn’t get into the end zone for the first time until 6 minutes into the second quarter and it was 14-3 at the half. Barkley ran for 176 yards, so not looking forward to that. Iggles did lose RG Mekhi Becton to a concussion, we’ll see if he can get back for Cincy.

Per Rapoport, OBj has “tennis leg” which teh google tells me is “a calf muscle injury that's commonly caused by a tear in the gastrocnemius muscle.” Good news is it doesn’t require surgery. Bad news is recovery time is 4-6 weeks.

Also saw a report that x-rays were negative on Stone. So he banged up his shin but didn’t break anything.

I still have no idea what to expect from this team. While I like a division road win against the Browns, it doesn’t mean shit regarding this game.

I have thought I knew things about this team only to see them get shitted on. Can we get the offense back that was losing games, now that the defense isn’t a complete travesty?

If I see one more game where the offense looks timid and scared to be aggressive, my TV isn’t going to make it through the season.

Quit being such a bitch Zac and attack.

• Like 1

I think Barkley annihilating the Giants was at least somewhat due to the added motivation of facing his former team. But clearly the Bengals defense will need to stay on top of the running game. I think they've actually done that pretty well the last three weeks apart from Derrick Henry's very last carry.

Jalen Hurts hasn't been great in recent memory, so let's keep it that way. Regardless, this is definitely a better team top-to-bottom than the last two. Can't be laying eggs on offense.

8 hours ago, COB said:

Question 6:

Raiders: “we play the Bengals in a couple weeks.  Does Mike Brown really run a dice game on the food and beverage loading dock?”

A: “He did years ago before his knees gave out. Now Duke Tobin has a three card monte table there, though he calls the game ‘first round’ for some reason.”