General 2024 Training Camp Thread

He's not touching the field only goes so far.
If Chase honestly thinks (I don't think he does) he's going to outlast the Bengals front office, him and his agent obviously aren't aware what team they are dealing with.

Please understand, that's not an endorsement of the front office and how they do business.
It's them wanting to be cheap for another year they have the ability to do so.
While I don't blame them for wanting that, I think it's a mistake in this particular situation.

In the most disinterested voice as possible, "just get it done already"...

• Like 1

I have a hard time believing Chase is in the building AND contract talks are not productive.    I would think IF it was trending towards him holding out for week 1 he'd get the F out of dodge.

Then I'd really have a hard time believing he's going to be in the building for week 2 and not play in KC.        

There's no way he'd maintain respect from his team mates being guaranteed $26m and healthy and he isn't playing. 

CINCINNATI (WKRC) - The Bengals on Monday placed running back Chris Evans andoffensive tackle D’Ante Smithon the Reserve/Injured list, and also waived defensive tackle Devonnsha Maxwell.

Both Evans and Smith are entering the final year of their initial four-year rookie contract after being drafted in 2021, and each suffered a knee injury in the joint practice with the Chicago Bears last Thursday in Lake Forest, Ill.

The moves leave the Bengals with 86 players on the roster and they have to be down to 53 by 4 p.m. on Aug. 27.

https://www.local12.com/sports/bengals/bengals-place-two-players-injured-reserve-waive-defensive-tackle-cincinnati-knee-injury-chris-evans-dante-smith-devonnsha-maxwell

From the bookface group I follow:

Joe was seen having some discomfort today. On and off with a glove all day, and they said he basically threw check downs all day because it seems he couldn’t trust pushing the ball and the balls he did throw had little zip. They say he wore the glove because of how humid and moist the ball was today, but he was seen clenching his fist and looked to be in obvious discomfort. They threw no touchdowns in 7’s or 11’s today.

This is the fourth non joint practice in a row where the offense has had their butts handed to them. I get there is no chase or Higgins for most of these, but It’s justified to have just a tinge of hesitance right?

He’s got two and a half weeks to get that wrist right.  I can hardly believe this.  He had that surgery like 9 months ago, the most advanced rehab available.  Maybe it’s just fatigue! (I’m already past denial and anger, solidly in the bargaining stage).

Well, remember this some guy on bookface, tho a similar narrative is coming from the Rapien/Egger end of the media. Joe himself has insisted he’s fine. I think we all expected the wrist to require some level of management, we will just have to see how it goes.

Yeah, it's out there among mainstream reporters at this point.

I guess we are back to the "hope and pray" strategy.

Get some super glue, cortisone shots, and a paper clip to MacGyver his fucking wrist to not break into pieces this year.

There's a tad bit there.  If you watch videos he is messing with a glove.  He does clinch his fist.  The Pike and Mo show is clearly drama driven a bit.  Its bait reporting to get the exact reaction.    Same thing last week when J'mar Chase wasn't seen on field.   IT was we aren't saying he's holding out, could be anything, but the front office should blah, blah, blah.

Joe not pushing the ball down the field could be a number of things.   I think he's thrown at every practice.  I know when I went down there it was clear work on screens and under center day.   They don't have Browning to take reps so it could easily be work load management.

I won't worry until there's report of an MRI or whatever.  

The more interesting part from yesterday is supposedly Chase and the QB coach were on the cart together, Chase with jersey in hand.   Some think they were heading over to indoor field to throw routes.   IF true seems to suggest he'll be practicing with the team before Week 1.

• Like 1

I'm going to strategically ignore any worries about Joe (which doesn't mean they're unfounded, it only means I'm ignoring them). All I know is I saw him sling it nicely for a series against Tampa Bay. Otherwise I will plug my ears and scream LALALALALALALALALALALA.

I need to clarify...

The hope and pray strategy is that there is no injury, not saying there is and the season is lost.

For the record, I'm all about bringing in MacGyver if that would be of assistance.

Could all be nothing more than clickbait type crap, but which of us truly knows the answer?
I'm good with the "nothing to see here" approach at this time.

11 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

Joe practicing vs. Colts and reportedly has hit Higgins several times.   So much for his wrist relapse. 

Releasing the hostages, and have agreed to pay the vet bill for my neighbor’s dog.

Colts offense got off to a quick start in red zone but according to the tweets or X remarks the Bengals D is doing well in the first 11 v 11.  

1. Maybe 2 Bengal sacks according to one on looker. 

2. Dax Hill playing well.  Near pick 6 and several other break ups.  He might be our No. 2 CB.

3. Burton TD.

4. Higgins dominating it sounds like

5. Gesicki active day as well

Maybe Burrow has struggled vs. the D recently, because they are good? 

Zac Taylor post practiced seemed annoyed.   Some very short answers to questions.    Zac on Joe's black glove; "You'd have to ask him, he's been doing it for a couple years.".   Zac thinks Joe looks good throwing.

So from all reports, the Bengals won’t be playing starters and the Colts will be playing most of their starters.

At least we get to see how our backups fare against the Colts first team.

Murphy walked off the field on his own?
I don’t like the sound of that…