Bengals vs Colts

jditty47

Was it a fumble? I am listening to the game and the radio announcers thought it was very strange that the team didn't challenge it

Yeah, I was listening to it on the radio as well, and it kinda pissed me off that they didn't even try to challenge it.

I score the preseason 1-2-1. Props to Dungy. OT in preseason game 4 is just asking to get someone hurt for nothing.

That's a bit unfair...Dungy did what any head coach worth his salt would have done, and that's play to win. Any coach that tries to tie a game in preseason is just a dumbass. So everybody knows it, so that's how it is, had Dungy done otherwise he's just being petty.

I score the preseason 1-2-1. Props to Dungy. OT in preseason game 4 is just asking to get someone hurt for nothing.

That's a bit unfair...Dungy did what any head coach worth his salt would have done, and that's play to win. Any coach that tries to tie a game in preseason is just a dumbass. So everybody knows it, so that's how it is, had Dungy done otherwise he's just being petty.

;) Yeah .... kinda got go with Kev on this one.

Not taking anything away from Dungy. Foregoing the fg was solid coaching, but he did go for the win ..... it's not like he had his guy take a knee or anything. He was definitely not ceding the game.

We're a legit 2 and 2 in pre season against a couple of pretty good football teams. I know that none of them count for anything, but coming off a win over the Colts and being 2 n 2 going into the start of the season has got to be a lot better for the guys mentally than being 0 n 4 and just having had their asses handed to them.

Most important: the all black uni's look awesome!

I agree, I'm just not feeling the white stripe and the cut-off tiger stripe on the leg....why didn't they just have it all the way down the pants? :blink:

Same here, I don't have a problem with the stripe on the leg, but I don't like the white stripe on the jersey. :wacko:

;) Yeah .... kinda got go with Kev on this one.

Not taking anything away from Dungy. Foregoing the fg was solid coaching, but he did go for the win ..... it's not like he had his guy take a knee or anything. He was definitely not ceding the game.

We're a legit 2 and 2 in pre season against a couple of pretty good football teams.

Okay, I invite anyone who thinks that, had this been a regular season game, Dungy wouldn't have kicked the FG to send it into OT, to say so.

Legit 2 and 2 my ass. I think Dungy made the right call. And I score this game a tie.

Think that's a bit unfair, kev? Well, :P

If the pass had been completed by the Colts for a TD on the last fourth down, would you guys still have chalked this game up as a tie? If not why chalk it up as a tie when it was incomplete?

Dungy wouldn't have went for it in the regular season, but this isn't regular season is it? Nobody usually plays for overtime in the preseason. A win is a win.

Legit 2 and 2 my ass. I think Dungy made the right call. And I score this game a tie.

Think that's a bit unfair, kev? Well, :P

Unfair? No, just dumb....People play differently in preseason. Look at what the saints did against Miami. The scored late and instead of trying for the tie they went for two and lost by 1 cause the didn't get it....Nobody plays for a tie or overtime in preseason. call it what you want, but it's a win and almost any coach in the NFL would have done the same, even Marvin if the Bengals were in that position.

If the pass had been completed by the Colts for a TD on the last fourth down, would you guys still have chalked this game up as a tie?

"You guys"? Hey, Hobson is the one who refers to himself in the third person, not me. Since I'm the one calling it a tie, why not say JoiseyCat?

But...since you asked, and to stick with the spirit of your post...our judgement in the case you outline is, yes, we would still have scored it a tie. Complete or not, it's still a play that wouldn't have happened in a real game.

Should you continue to object to our position, we would suggest that even 1-2-1 is inaccurate. The reality is that the Bengals are now 0-0. Let the games begin. :P

The reality is that the Bengals are now 0-0. Let the games begin. :P

Can't we find some way to keep that victory against New England? :blink: Winning that matchup, and holding Leon...er...Corey to 31 yards made me feel better about the team than I had in a long, long time. :player:

(Of course the loss to Altanta diluted the hell out of it! :angry: )

If the pass had been completed by the Colts for a TD on the last fourth down, would you guys still have chalked this game up as a tie?

"You guys"? Hey, Hobson is the one who refers to himself in the third person, not me. Since I'm the one calling it a tie, why not say JoiseyCat?

But...since you asked, and to stick with the spirit of your post...our judgement in the case you outline is, yes, we would still have scored it a tie. Complete or not, it's still a play that wouldn't have happened in a real game.

Should you continue to object to our position, we would suggest that even 1-2-1 is inaccurate. The reality is that the Bengals are now 0-0. Let the games begin. :P

I actually thought I saw more than one person say it was a tie. My bad. :P

We'll just have to disagree on this issue. I think if the Colts had scored, there would have been no talk of a tie.

Doesn't matter now though. As you guys (JoiseyCat) said we're 0-0, so bring on the Jets. :player:

I absolutely agree that Dungy made the right call. That is also absolutely beside the point.

Had he told his qb to take a knee .... Then I would have agreed with you. Fact is tho that he went for the end zone. Would he have done that in the regular season ??? Probably not, but again beside the point.

He called the pass into the end zone ... It was broken up by the defender .... time expires .... they lose .. we win. That's about as legit as it gets. .... asses being beside the point as well.

I absolutely agree that Dungy made the right call. That is also absolutely beside the point.

Had he told his qb to take a knee .... Then I would have agreed with you. Fact is tho that he went for the end zone. Would he have done that in the regular season ??? Probably not, but again beside the point.

He called the pass into the end zone ... It was broken up by the defender .... time expires .... they lose .. we win. That's about as legit as it gets. .... asses being beside the point as well.

Good post.

I mean really people...if this isn't legit, then we should stop keeping score in the preseason all together, because nothing is ever legit by this logic...

Say one team pulls their starting offense before the other...so if the other team wins, their win isn't legitimate, because after all...they wouldn't be going against a 2nd string offense for an extra series in the regular season.

Or a team goes for it on 4th and 2 when they wouldn't have done that during the regular season. Say the ball gets picked off and returned for a TD. As far as we're concerned, though, it never really happened, because after all...they would have punted during the regular season. Might as well not even credit the CB with an INT, right?

The Bengals went 2-2 in the preseason. Let's take it for what it's worth and move on.