2024 FA Thread: Higgins Tagged | Geno Stone 2y/15m | Zach Moss 2y/8m | Mixon Traded | Mike Gesicki 1y/3m | Jonah to Cards | Sheldon Rankins 2y/26m | Bell Back | Reader to Lions | Trent Brown 1y/4.75m | Boyd to Titans

There are still a few teams over the cap, which they have to be compliant with by 4pm today, with the Chargers in absolute cap hell.
It should be interesting to see if any players of interest hit the market.
Maybe there's another trade opportunity in there.

• Like 1

I would think there would be some interesting cuts.  There was a lot of cap dollars allocated the past couple days and now the deadline looms.     There's been so much activity; I have no idea how many have already done their cuts and who hasn't.

This is what I was talking about the other day with them paying two WR's top of the market deals.
Look at those numbers.  The cap going up surely didn't help them as those contracts aged and that is usually a reason given.
The talk these days is that the Jefferson's and Chase's of the WR world are going to see contract that "could" hit $30m per year.
They have two guys NOT named Jefferson and Chase both slotted at more than $32m for 2024.
That's simple unsustainable.  I said getting rid of them is a need, not necessarily a want.  Pretty much yep.

1 hour ago, HoosierCat said:

This OTOH aggravates the hell out of me.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/report-texans-to-trade-maliek-collins-to-49ers

48 tackles and 5 sacks last year and he goes for a 7.

We got their 7th, and they trade a guy for a 7th in return.
Why didn't we just trade Mixon for Collins?  Guess the Bengals didn't want him, but yeah, I wouldn't have minded.

• Like 1

Just a guess but Texans will beat the Bengals out for Armstead and probably would not have traded Collins if they weren't sure they have an opportunity to sign Armstead.   Maybe.    Or maybe the Bengals didn't like Collins at $8.5m.  Who knows?

Why do they wait to release Nick Scott?  My guess would be to make sure Geno Stone signs, I guess.

Cutting Scott frees up $2.3 million in cap space. Per spotrac, the Bengals currently have about $45 million in space, but that doesn’t include Sample, ADG and Traveyon yet. Figure those three take up about $5-6 million combined. So Bengals now have around $41 million. 

I think the WR market has some of the same issues as the OT market, in that there are 5-6 guys who could go in the first, so there’s not a lot of action yet. I wouldn’t rule out a Boyd (or Jonah) return just yet.

That said, Ridley gets paid.

Wide receiver Calvin Ridley is signing a four-year, $92 million contract, including $50 million guaranteed, with the Tennessee Titans, agents David Mulugheta and Reza Hesam told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Wednesday.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39725390/titans-snag-wr-calvin-ridley-4-year-92m-deal

If I’m the bengals I text Mulugheta and tell him we’ll do that for Tee.

2 hours ago, TJJackson said:

You know what? 

Now that three days has passed and no word on Boyd, he may be willing to drop his price

and at 3-4M + incentives, I'd absolutely take him back.  wish we could pay more, love the guy, but he is in somewhat a decline

He’s probably going to Pittsburgh.

• HoosierCat changed the title to 2024 FA Thread: Higgins Tagged | Geno Stone 2y/15m | Zach Moss 2y/8m | Mixon Traded | Mike Gesicki 1y/3m | Jonah to Cards
46 minutes ago, Stripes said:

He’s probably going to Pittsburgh.

I hate the Rapistburgers more than any other team, so this makes me very sad but I will never root against that guy.  Good guy.  And he's from that area and went to college in that area, so I get it

but ngl, its gonna hurt seeing him in piss yellow

• HoosierCat changed the title to 2024 FA Thread: Higgins Tagged | Geno Stone 2y/15m | Zach Moss 2y/8m | Mixon Traded | Mike Gesicki 1y/3m | Jonah to Cards | Sheldon Rankins 2y/26m | Bell Back | Reader to Lions | Trent Brown 1y/4.75m | Boyd to Titans