Burrow Done for the Year

ArmyBengal

Sure it's fair. 
I think the difference is, Burrow is elite and you deal with the consequences of getting hurt while playing the sport, when it comes to him.
If he was just an average Joe (yeah that made me chuckle) people would be calling for his replacement.

So, yeah, he's injury prone from that standpoint, but I and I'm sure no one else is calling for him to get dumped.
Get better Joe !!

I don’t think that label is unfair. Though I would note that the QB position has been taking a beating this year all around the league. I think they said Sunday that Browning was the 50th QB to start a game this season, and there’s still a third of the season to go.

3 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

when a player is injury prone, tho, if one chooses to start said player, one must have a quality backup ready to go

we had that until this year

That's what really sucks.  So much conversation about how bad the backups were and nothing was done.
Then came the preseason and there was so much suck on display it was unreal.  Nothing was done.
Now here we sit, sunk for the season and nothing can be done.  How long until Mr. Webb gets a shot?

19 hours ago, TJJackson said:

when a player is injury prone, tho, if one chooses to start said player, one must have a quality backup ready to go

we had that until this year

Who, Allen? The guy who was (checks notes) 1-5 as a starter here? Go home, TJ, you’re drunk.

The sad fact is that they’re aren’t enough quality QBs to fill all the starting roles in the league, much less provide a pool of adequate backups. Browning is about par for the course.

Give me a 5th round rookie QB that can hold the clip board and learn from Burrow.
I said this going into last year and will say it again.  Give me the guy who can make plays with his legs.
Opposing defenses will have to make changes to account for that and change up their approach to account.
If a play breaks down, he's not going to just sit in the pocket and die in place.

Unfortunately, there aren't many guys like that in the upcoming draft in the later rounds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArmyBengal said:

Give me a 5th round rookie QB that can hold the clip board and learn from Burrow.
I said this going into last year and will say it again.  Give me the guy who can make plays with his legs.
Opposing defenses will have to make changes to account for that and change up their approach to account.
If a play breaks down, he's not going to just sit in the pocket and die in place.

Unfortunately, there aren't many guys like that in the upcoming draft in the later rounds.

Yeah, finding a guy with enough potential to be worth a pick is the rub. They faceplanted with Finley back in 2019 and haven’t tried again since.

Maybe someone like Jefferson (Arkansas) or Bama’s Milroe if you want a guy with some wheels. Seems like one or both should be there in the 4th, maybe the 5th.

• 3 weeks later...

So you may have heard Staley got shitcanned today after last night’s debacle. Thought I’d highlight this from one of espn’s stories on the fallout.

What does it mean for quarterback Justin Herbert?

Herbert will now have his third coach heading into his fifth season. During the offseason he signed a five-year $262.5 million extension, but hasn't had any divisional or playoff success to show for it. Meanwhile, his draftmates Joe Burrow and Jalen Hurts have already played in Super Bowls.

Here I thought it was Cincinnati where quarterbacks went to die. I distinctly remember being told that. Not San Diego or LA now I suppose. Burrow should hold out! Pull an Eli! Demand a trade!

Funny how things work out, huh?