Whoa - bengals extend Trey H for another year

membengal

I don't ultimately care how anything comes to be when on the road to the Super Bowl, but it does intrigue me as a fan.

From my perspective and wanting to figure it out, any one who has given even a little bit of their time to this franchise can figure out the reasons for change.
Mike Brown has further distanced himself as a decision maker, the influence of others stepping into that void are better than he was.  Marvin Lewis brings in some changes and sees some success.  They make a change to bring in a young coach, with a different mindset and seemingly gave him a ton of latitude in how he's going to build the culture of the team.  They don't get cute in trading the #1 pick and take Burrow.  The team continues to be a player in free agency without braking the bank with the highest paid guy out there, but solid players that fit the culture.  Burrow gets him knee imploded, which ends up putting them in a position to draft Chase.  The choice between Chase and Sewell was correct (in my opinion) and this team was moving like it never had before.  They have continued to make smart player decisions in who to keep and who to let go.  Changed philosophy on naming rights, sponsorships, restructuring contracts, extending key players smartly and cultivating a way to keep super stars.

So maybe I do care in how things come to be, but again, for others outside the organization to just yell "MIKE BROWN" is simply ignorant.

WHOFUCKINGDEY !!!

• Like 1

I look at Mike Brown how I have looked at Chad Johnson through the years.
It's been a love hate relationship.  I'm cool with Chad (no more fuck yous) and am glad he was voted into the Ring of Honor.
I hated the 90's and hated Mike Brown and get why others do, but I will admit it would be fun to see the old man holding the Lombardi as well.
Trench coat, stupid hat and all...

Winning really does cure all.

• Like 1

This deal embodies the new Bengals.  Just a complete departure from the practice of signing a player for X per year, then pay X per year, and refuse to do anything else.

They’re managing the cap, dealing with reality - ie forcing Mixon to realign his salary to reflect what he actually is, and now the other side of the coin ; redoing Hendrickson with a nice increase to reflect what what he actually is. 

And both moves were used to manage the cap as well.  Pretty fucking great, I think.

• Thanks 1

It’s still not really clear if they saved anything against the cap. What little has come out so far says that he got a $5 million raise this year (2023), no change to his compensation in 2024, and another year — 2025 — at $16 million.

Basically, at least as far as this season goes, it sounds like they just took the money and space they got from Mixon and gave it to Trey. But we’ll see when the details come out.