Redskins are about to get wrecked

COB

Rumors keep flying about a story about to break.  Supposedly it shows the skins as a sexist organization that degraded women, used sexual indiscretions against employees, etc.  

The rumors are that it’s really, really, bad.  Any pr bump from the name change will be obliterated.

Yup. What struck me was just how pathetic these jokers were. I mean, standing under stairs to get up skirt shots? Texting about boob jobs? What are these guys, like 6? It’s like stuff the writers of some “very special episode” of a Disney kids’ drama would come up with. Not that that makes it somehow better or less appalling, just even more wtf.

• 2 years later...

The thing about Mike is that while he has been a very bad owner in terms of the product on the field, he is by all accounts a genuinely good person. And I think we sometimes underestimate the value of that. Whatever else we have to live with as Bengals fans, we don’t have to deal with an owner who is a complete ass personally as well as professionally.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

And there it is:

Washington Commanders co-owners Dan and Tanya Snyder announced that they have hired Bank of America Securities to explore potential transactions involving the team.

A statement from the team did not specify what those transactions might be, whether it was the sale of the team or they were pursuing minority investors.

A Commanders spokesperson said the team was exploring all options.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34932499/snyders-hire-bank-america-securities-explore-commanders-sale

The NFL or the feds or someone is doing an investigation into Snyder’s accounting practices.  Essentially, they suspect he misreported income to keep it out of the money that falls into the revenue sharing bucket, and keep it in the bucket that goes to the home team.  Knowing him, he probably did it, and he sees the writing on the wall so he’s bailing.

One thing that irks me - he’s selling at an all time high.  He’s going to make an absolute killing minus whatever nuisance lawsuits he has to settle.  I don’t know if nfl franchises have much more ability to appreciate beyond where they are now.  Life truly is unfair. 

A while back when all of this started I remember reading how the sale of the then Redskins to Snyder was less than a billion.
He had like 40 or 45% ownership, but bought out the other owners in the group with I think his mom and sister, but 80% or so was in his name.  Needless to say, with the Broncos selling for a bit over 4.5 billion, Snyder is going to make a fuck ton of money on the sale.