2021 NFL Draft

They ran the tape so fast and went from one play to the next without time to talk about and/or rerun the game film in slo mo

I really couldnt follow it for the most part

my one real takeaway was that Alabama, with the choice of covering Toney or Pitts with their top CB Surtain, quite often chose to put Surtain on Pitts; and despite that, Pitts overall production was almost as good as Toney's was

9 hours ago, TJJackson said:

They ran the tape so fast and went from one play to the next without time to talk about and/or rerun the game film in slo mo

I really couldnt follow it for the most part

my one real takeaway was that Alabama, with the choice of covering Toney or Pitts with their top CB Surtain, quite often chose to put Surtain on Pitts; and despite that, Pitts overall production was almost as good as Toney's was

And even with Surtain on him doubled him quite often with the safety rolling to Pitts over the top.

23 hours ago, TJJackson said:

This mock was interesting, though I think Slater at 9 (there's a tradedown with the Broncos with Sewell and Chase already off the board at 5) is still a bit too early

https://stripehype.com/2021/02/14/bengals-7-round-2021-mock-draft-sewell-chase-off-board/5/

Saw this earlier....100% on board with this draft.

Ran a PFF mock and made the same trade the Locked On pod did (Denver up to 5 and Bengals get 9, 40, 71) - and came out with this...

1st Round #9 overall --- Ja'Marr Chase, WR, LSU (Pitts 3, Paye 4, Farley 7, Sewell 8 and 4 QBs in first eight picks)
2nd Round #38 overall --- Alijah Vera-Tucker, T/IOL, USC
2nd Round #40 overall --- Sam Cosmi, T, Texas
3rd Round #69 overall --- Joseph Ossai, Edge, Texas
3rd Round #71 overall --- Daviyon Nixon, IDL, Iowa
4th Round #111 overall --- Quinn Meinerz, IOL/C, Wisc-Whitewater
5th Round #150 overall --- Israel Mukuamu, CB, South Carolina
6th Round #192 overall --- Shi Smith, WR, South Carolina
7th Round #231 overall --- DJ Daniel, CB, Georgia
7th Round #233 overall --- JaCoby Stevens, S, LSU

Sewell, Chase, Pitts any of the three and one will absolutely be there for us.  In the second my target is Landon Dickerson from Alabama.  I know he is listed as a Center but he will start Guard and he is an absolute bulldozer, graded above 90 for 'bama against NFL caliber competition.

My Selections would be:

1) Chase or Pitts

2) Landon Dickerson, IOL Alabama

3) James Hudson, OT, Cincinnati

You spend your draft like this in the first three and you pave the way for a Super Bowl Caliber team IMHO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, membengal said:

I just hate that drafting Dickerson is really for 2022 at this point. I hate likely punting on an entire year from a second round pick. I do love the idea of Dickerson at full health though. 

I completely disagree.....Dickerson was healthy enough to play the final snap of the Championship game.  I think he will be ready for 2021 training camp.  Obviously this is pending a physical.

Wraith - I was under the impression he tore his ACL - but I can’t seem to confirm that. Do we know what injury he had to his knee? The surgery was 12/28/20.  I would love for someone to make clear that he’s good to go for august.

56 minutes ago, Wraith said:

He did tear his ACL but it was not nearly as severe as Burrow's and all indications are that he will be ready for the 2021 season

I guess w/ Cincy's luck with college injuries and the pros, it makes me a bit itchy. His profile looks good otherwise.