Browns @ Bengals Game Thread

HoosierCat

On Sunday, October 16, 2016 at 5:18 PM, BengalszoneBilly said:

At home in Cincy? After two bad losses, possibly Eifert back providing his menstruation cramps subside, I think the Bengals win this one.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

Ok so a win is a win, but damn this team really need to find its way. 

This division sucks, the bengals could make some noise if they didn't play so stupid! 

Find a freaking o-line and watch Dalton get even better. Try Fisher at RT and see what happens it can't get any worse. Ced is getting beat on almost every play!

The defense is pathetic, I guess they settled down somewhat, but to let Hogan look like Steve Young is just awful. 

How about letting Will Clarke start for MJ who looks like he is done? Shake it up some and see if they can't do something. 

They beat the Browns so I'm not going to get to excited, but through everything Dalton is having a fantastic year, if only they can fix some of there other problems

4 minutes ago, volcom69 said:

Ok  so a win is a win, but damn this team really need to find its way. 

This division sucks, the bengals could make some noise if they didn't play so stupid! 

Find a freaking o-line and watch Dalton get even better. Try Fisher at RT and see what happens it can't get any worse. Ced is getting beat on almost every play!

The defense is pathetic, I guess they settled down somewhat, but to let Hogan look like Steve Young is just awful. 

How about letting Will Clarke start for MJ who looks like he is done? Shake it up some and see if they can't do something. 

They beat the Browns so I'm not going to get to excited, but through everything Dalton is having a fantastic year, if only they can fix some of there other problems

Can you fathom where the Bengals team would be if the defense was just a little better?

1 minute ago, BengalszoneBilly said:

Can you fathom where the Bengals team would be if the defense was just a little better?

Where they were last year - they won't beat playoff caliber teams unless the defense improves significantly, which I'm not sure is going to happen.  I'm sure they'll hang around, but they need to change some things up on DEF if they want to actually improve against good teams.  The 0-line is an issue as well, but they can still score points and win games on OFF if the defense can play better and be a top 8-10 unit.

So yeah, guess we'll see, but we won't know if they can turn it around for a while still.  They can't afford to lose more than maybe 3 more games the rest of the season, if that.  Ben being out in PITT for a while certainly helps, and I think the Ravens aren't as good as their record is/was.

Offensively it's hard to take much away because the Browns D stinks, but it was encouraging to see continued growth between Dalton and LaFell, as well as some signs of life from the ground game. Eifert will help going forward, assuming he doesn't break again. 

The defense is what it is, which is hot garbage. It's almost halfway through the season, we aren't going to suddenly see big improvements in, say, week 10 or something. Opponents can focus on Dunlap and Geno up front because the rest of the line is trash. The linebackers are slow and usually befuddled. The secondary is junk. 

Teams are a mess. Nugent is unreliable, Huber runs hot and cold, coverage stinks and the return game doesn't exist.

They might manage to scratch out a playoff game in a suddenly weak division but I doubt they get that long sought postseason win.