Mike Brown growing impatient with Marvin Lewis?

I've been saying this for years; my only issue with Lewis and the coaching staff is that they are not able to instill discipline on this team. Instead of walking back to the huddle or line of scrimmage to start the next play, we have players that want to talk smack, fight, argue, act like their back on the block or think  that they have to defend their manhood. This is one of the major reasons why we lose games. Whitworth, gets a penalty just about every game! When we had Gresham, that dude either got a 15 yard penalty or fumbled the rock in every game! These are just examples of our better layers that seem to have problems with penalties. The coaches haven't been able to fix these issues.... I wanted so bad for the Bengals to promote Marvin to GM (He's been great with the drafts) and promote Zimmer to HC. That'll never happen!

• Like 1

Just keep in mind that the defense put it all on themselves to win that playoff game because our All-Pro Numbers QB was out with a broken thumb.  Every knew McCarron wasn't going to drop 50 on the Steelers.... Emotions get high when people put more pressure than usual on themselves 

I get that but at some point they need to learn some self control, they had to know what was on the line. They allowed the other team to get into there heads, something they talked about all week long they couldn't allow to happen. Whatever it's over and done, I just never seen something so dumb. I just felt Mavin lost control again, like he did when Chad Johnson was here. Just my opinion, I guess we could have worse.

1 hour ago, HoosierCat said:

Said it before, will say it again: Marvin will be the head coach as long as he wants to be.

I've got the same feeling. He may not be able to win a playoff game, but he pulled the team out of the abyss.

1 hour ago, volcom69 said:

I get that but at some point they need to learn some self control, they had to know what was on the line. They allowed the other team to get into there heads, something they talked about all week long they couldn't allow to happen. Whatever it's over and done, I just never seen something so dumb. I just felt Mavin lost control again, like he did when Chad Johnson was here. Just my opinion, I guess we could have worse.

Thing is are we even in the position to lose the game without vontez's style of player? Kinda double edge sword it sucks that his and pacmans mistake cost the game.but at same time it's that style of play that put them in the position they were in.

I understand all the arguments against Marvin and his control of the team.  Here's the point that gets me... None of our coaches pulled dreads and or threw a player forcefully. None of our coaches did something in a place where the rules say they shouldn't.  Marvin had nothing to do with the Steelers breaking the rules.  

Withou Burfict and Adam J. The team doesn't get to the same point on D as it did with them.  They both lost their cool and that lost us the game.  The real matter for discussion is why the Steelers were allowed to instigate the Bengals players without drawing penalties from the officials DURING the game- not weeks afterwards through the league office.  I mean for F-sakes, we have cameras everywhere - don't tell me no one saw what the Steelers did 

The real issue is 12 wins and a 3rd seed with a team that could have easily been 12+ wins and 1 seed. 

You can go back and play ifs and buts in any particular 1 game but the reality is Marvin has had a stacked team and they rarely perform their best against the best in primetime or playoffs in numerous games.  

I don't know how long their window stays open but we are watching a Super Bowl slip through our hands. 

• Like 1

If Sanu and Jones had produced more than what they did, and Jeremy Hill didn't have fumbling issues, I would agree.  Eifert is the only reliable TE target unless you include Hewitt but I don't.  The defense was good but it was not built with the same quality as say the 2000 Ravens.  The bengals are a team which has Had plenty of talented young players from the college system but they often haven't proved they are NFL elite (Gresham, Hill, Dennard, Hunt, André Smith...... Choose your favorite. 

Playoff jinx is one thing but in the history of the league there have been quite a few mediocre Coaches and teams win in the wild card round.    Yes,  in Cincinnati that's a huge deal. I would love it. 

It should be Superbowl or bust with this group.     They've had the talent for multiple years and have lost key regular season games (mostly primetime) and playoffs games in just about every way imaginable.   

• Like 1