2015 Draft Day 2 Chatter

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Busted waste... Sorry for the negativity but this was a let down. Several real, impact guys slid down and they go for the injured guy at a position of veteran depth in an area of real strength (oline).

This was a big whiff...

Like I said elsewhere, can't argue. All we can do now is hope they get lucky in the next few picks. The Bengals like to alternate picks so I would expect a defender next. Maybe DT or LB, which might actually help this year. Carl Davis (basically the second coming of Peko) would be a nice grab.

Busted waste... Sorry for the negativity but this was a let down. Several real, impact guys slid down and they go for the injured guy at a position of veteran depth in an area of real strength (oline).

This was a big whiff...

The truth. They act like the defense has playmakers and there won't be any OT's in next year's draft. Playin' it safe, Marvin.

I'm getting the feeling this pick will be a linebacker (75%) or a safety (25 and a half %)

so I am 100.5% certain it'll be one of those

or maybe an injured long snapper

I would like to get a LB or S, but there has been a lot of LB's taken already and FS is a very limited group this draft. If The Gopher TE is still there, I say grab him.

I wouldn't rule out a TE or WR.

I wouldn't either but they usually look to the other side of the ball than they did in the first. They've drafted back to back offensive or defensive guys 1-2 only 7 or 8 times in the last 25 or so drafts. So it's not impossible but I expect a defender.

I hope they pick someone I can scream "woooooo hooooooo" about.

Been spending all morning in a foul mood with the Ogbeuhi pick at 21 - easily kick the mrs and fuck the dog sort of mood

I'm sometimes in that mood too Scottish. I don't mind this pick. I figure if everyone knew about his medical concerns then they have been given a near guarantee that he will recover perfectly. It strikes me that the Bengals have really improved their athletic ability in every position group in the last 10 or so drafts. They avoid pure athletes and look for the most athletic position players instead.

I'm sometimes in that mood too Scottish. I don't mind this pick. I figure if everyone knew about his medical concerns then they have been given a near guarantee that he will recover perfectly. It strikes me that the Bengals have really improved their athletic ability in every position group in the last 10 or so drafts. They avoid pure athletes and look for the most athletic position players instead.

I know what you're saying Gap. I'm more annoyed that we could have had Malcolm Brown, Bud Dupree or Philip Dorset in the first and still more than likely picked up Ogbeuhi in the 2nd ....

Remember, this is the Bengals (on) crack medical staff we're talking about here...

Remember, this is the Bengals (on) crack medical staff we're talking about here...

I'm crossing my fingers for Dr. James Andrews at 53.

Updated big board from gbn...

/>http://gbnreport.com/updated-gbn-big-board/

Plenty of players available to help us out like I said earlier.

PLENTY.

Yeah, there are guys all up and down the first 40 players on that list who I'd be pumped for them to pick up at 53. Come through for us, Marvin!

Bleacher Report predictions:-

Round 2: DT Carl Davis

Round 3: CB PJ Williams

Round 3: DE Za'Darius Smith

Randy Gregory would be my ideal pick (yeh yeh he has issues - so does the new boy Ogbuehi - they're different issues but issues nonetheless).

Failing Gregory then Maxx Williams or DGB

I'm OK with Davis. LB would be nice. TE can probably with until the third. S would be OK. I can live with WR or DE.

CB would piss me right the eff off. QB, RB or OL would send a stream of high-velocity bricks through my TV..

Dehner, just now on twitter:

Paul Dehner Jr. @pauldehnerjr · 7m 7 minutes ago

#Bengals 2nd-round picks last 5 years: Jeremy Hill, Giovani Bernard, Margus Hunt, Devon Still, Andy Dalton, Carlos Dunlap. Not a bad run.

Ehhhhhh...no, not a bad run, but not a string of homers, either.

Hill looks like a stud. This year will probably tell us a lot.

Bernard...at least to me the jury is still out. He's flashed some amazing abilities and made some unbelievable plays. I should like him better than I do. To be fair I think he's often horribly misused. They keep trying to pound him up the middle, which I think is insane.

Hunt has been a flop so far. That said he's had injury issues and has been buried on the depth chart. But he really could use a breakout year.

Still has been a bust.

Let's not even get into Andy.

Dunlap was a steal, no doubt about it.

So to me, it's two hits, two misses, and two guys you can argue about. I guess that qualifies as not bad.