Where does this leave the franchise

UK Bengal

I'm too pissed off to watch the rest of the game another pathetic playoff display.

where does this leave us in regards to coaching and playing staff. Granted without all the injuries we have had and AJ being out for most of the year.

Lewis will stay that there is no doubt, I like hue but the game plan today was interesting but not good enough because Dalton couldn't execute and we supposedly were going with hill as the prime back.

I like Andy he's a nice guy he can manage a game when everything is working but when it doesn't he just folds. I don't even want to give him the extra year before we cut him on the cheap because if by some fluke we go to the playoffs and win a game he will then stay.

yeah he may have taken(and I use this term loosely)us to 4 straight playoffs but 1 and done every time just doesn't cut it with me.

unfortunately no matter what we all think everything will be the same as this year regarding the players and staff

I look forward to going 0-5 in the playoffs in 2015 because that's how I feel and its up to this team to change my mind.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I seriously don't think that the Bengals make the playoffs next season.

Baltimore and Pittsburgh will be much better. I imagine some of the other teams like the Chiefs and Dolphins take the next step.

They've run out of chances. The window is closing. On top of it, their best players, QB, WR, DT's...completely disappear at times. You can't have that if you want to win consistently, let alone win in the playoffs.

I don't know how this core of players is going to stay motivated through ANOTHER offseason and ANOTHER regular season to even make the playoffs again. They might, who knows.

I think Marvin and Dalton both need to be replaced and have little hope of either of those things taking place.

I don't know how this core of players is going to stay motivated through ANOTHER offseason and ANOTHER regular season to even make the playoffs again. They might, who knows.

I think Marvin and Dalton both need to be replaced and have little hope of either of those things taking place.

I agree. I think that's why next season is Marvin's last. The team will be deflated understandably. They'll crash and burn with a 7-9, 8-8 record or something like that. Dalton will be gone, Marvin will be gone after it's over.

It's too bad because it'll basically be a waste of a season.

Where does this leave the franchise?

In a better spot than most teams.

Let's have a good offseason and crush some skulls next year.

My two biggest items to follow this offseason:

1) What happens to Hue.

2) Sign Larry Fitzgerald. Now. Get it done.

I know, I know...it'll never happen. But I would love that signing to the moon and back...

This thread is comedy gold.

Why?

Speculating is fun.

Yes it is. But you may want to keep your feet on the ground. They lost today mostly because we had an offense starring Rex Burhead and Ryan Hewitt while top picks and tens of millions of dollars of offensive talent sat on the bench. This doesn't signal a collapse in the works and the window remains quite open.

Why?

Speculating is fun.

Yes it is. But you may want to keep your feet on the ground. They lost today mostly because we had an offense starring Rex Burhead and Ryan Hewitt while top picks and tens of millions of dollars of offensive talent sat on the bench. This doesn't signal a collapse in the works and the window remains quite open.

Yeah, that was a far stretch. I do think the window is still open talent wise. I am afraid about Marvin keeping the team together emotionally. I am serious about that.

What about the Colts having a shredded O-line? All I kept hearing was how beat up and injured they were. BTW, I predicted they'd lose by 10 points because AJ Green was out.

Why?

Speculating is fun.

And yes, I have my feet on the ground. Where it matters. Football is the one area of my life that I can play with irrationality. As it should be. Thanks, for looking out, though.

Still hoping they spend some money on quality free agents that will help this team. There are plenty of holes to fill this year, and will need help. Ill be happy to get those injured guys back

Until the next wave of key players get injured. Maybe next season it will be Whitworth or Bodine. AJ Green all year or Dunlap. It will happen.

Focus on getting this defense back into a top 10 or top 5 defense.

Work on continuing that running game, and getting better.

Give Dalton as many weapons as you can give, and hopefully next year we can see them throw deep with success. If they can do that maybe we will see the screen game and the underneath stuff work!

That may mean look at free agency for either weapons for Dalton or for pass rushers. I know they don't like FA but they need to fill these holes.

Anybody else wonder if changing QB coaches at this time might help Dalton? Zampeese has been here awhile just wonder if a change would do him any good

Odds & ends:

Do we have a no. 2 wide receiver? I think we've seen enough of Sanu to know he isn't it. We hoped Marvin Jones was that guy after 2013 but after the injury?

Does Hue have any idea how to use Gio? Doesn't seem so.

Are Hue and Guenther any good? Injuries make it hard to say but neither stood out.

Do we bring back the Villain?

Time to give gold watches to Geathers and Still. Wish they hadn't extended Peko. Like the guy but he's just a guy at best.

What's Burfict's status? Frankly aside from him, assuming he's healthy, they can flush the whole LB corps.

Big changes on the defense at DT and DE are necessary. Need to be more active in FA.

I also would like to see a change at QB coach but a lot of the coaches aren't "cutting edge" guys. They're comfortable where they are and the FO is comfortable retaining them. Like pension employees.

Simply put Zampeese stays.

Odds & ends:

Do we have a no. 2 wide receiver? I think we've seen enough of Sanu to know he isn't it. We hoped Marvin Jones was that guy after 2013 but after the injury?

Does Hue have any idea how to use Gio? Doesn't seem so.

Are Hue and Guenther any good? Injuries make it hard to say but neither stood out.

Do we bring back the Villain?

Time to give gold watches to Geathers and Still. Wish they hadn't extended Peko. Like the guy but he's just a guy at best.

What's Burfict's status? Frankly aside from him, assuming he's healthy, they can flush the whole LB corps.

Point by point:

#2 WR - Larry! Fitzgerald! Sorry guys...I know it won't happen, but I'm going to annoy everyone all offseason until he signs with someone else. At this point in his career, he has no issue being a #2, and we need an experienced all-pro leader like him. AJ would benefit tremedously.

Gio - Yes, they must solve this mystery over the offseason. I think the emergence of Hill as a definite #1 took them off guard and they were too slow to react. Gio is a weapon that needs to be used. And when he is used, we need his 30 yard gains to not be negated by a holding penalty *grumblegrumble*

Hue and Guenther...Hue was a huge step forward from Gruden. Guenther I really have no idea on. It's hard having to fill Zimmer's shoes and even harder when you lose your key player early in the season. I won't cry rivers at losing either one, but I won't declare the season doomed if they both come back, either.

The Villian...price dependent. I don't hate him as much as others around here and if he's playing 2nd fiddle to a healthy Eifert, then I like him that much more. His blocking and versatility are both pretty big deals.

Geathers and Still are probably gone. I'm fine with the Peko extension. I agree that he's no superstar, but losing him at that point would have been tragic as they had nobody obvious to replace him with. He's durable and a great veteran presence. Hopefully we can upgrade the spot, but I'm happy to have Peko there until the time comes.

The LB corps could use an injection, but I'm not as down on them as you seem to be. Maualuga played well this year. Fingers crossed that Burfict's season was an aberration. I have a terrible, nagging feeling that it wasn't.