Whitworth Speaks Up

gregcook68

I want to say that i'm getting sick of Whitworth, but if it wasn't for him, you wouldn't hear much.

I thought it was funny that Hill said the Browns were worse than he thought they were.

Had me laughing quite a bit actually, but people just chalk that up to him being a rookie.

That's the kind of talk I would rather hear though. Get behind a guy that hangs it out there like that.

Instead it was quieted and it just went away. We then get treated to stories of dinners and deep thought.

THIS TEAM IS NOT MOTIVATED

Don't forget your perspective Army:

"....I feel the same way Hoosier. Not near as upset as I used to get with the team.

I got my basement all cleaned out this past Sunday and finished my garage last night !!!

Getting both of those things done brought me more joy than a Bengals win would have.

That being said, i'm hoping to pick up a couple of tickets to take my son down to catch the game Sunday.

I will be rooting and yelling like always. Maybe more knowing my basement and garage are clean !!! "

Oh, don't get it twisted. I'm not nearly as stressed about this season as I was a few weeks ago. I really can't even say that I care.

I hope they win, but i'm not expecting it. I've said it before, minus a 5 game winning streak starting Sunday, they are done.

I'm not mad about that in the least and am hoping to find a reason to be more optimistic after the next 5 games are completed.

I'll tune in to watch and still heading down to Houston a week from Saturday to have some fun.

All that being said, I stand by my statement that this team isn't motivated.

Whether that's the players, coaches, or whatever, I see zero motivation.

Would you be? I mean, it's not really that surprising, is it? Think about it:

You've lost a whole bunch of key guys to free agency or IR -- MJ, AC, Hawkins, Jones and for all intents and purposes Eifert. A bunch of other key guys -- Green, Burfict, Malauga, Thompson, Gio, Moobs and Hall -- are all missing time, some of them on the order of half or more of the season so far.

All the next men up suck, with the possible exception of Jeremy Hill. Seriously, not one single backup except Hill has been anything but a significant downgrade. And that includes guys like Hunt, Kirkpatrick and Vinny Rey, all of whom we hoped were good depth at least and possible future starters. And that doesn't even address any issues of confidence or lack thereof in Dalton.

The coaches either don't have any solutions or refuse to implement ones they themselves keep saying they have to do (like run the ball more).

Management, as usual, doesn't give a shit.

Welcome back, Lost Decade? Kinda feels like that, doesn't it?

You've lost a whole bunch of key guys to free agency or IR -- MJ, AC, Hawkins, Jones and for all intents and purposes Eifert. A bunch of other key guys -- Green, Burfict, Malauga, Thompson, Gio, Moobs and Hall -- are all missing time, some of them on the order of half or more of the season so far.

All the next men up suck, with the possible exception of Jeremy Hill. Seriously, not one single backup except Hill has been anything but a significant downgrade. And that includes guys like Hunt, Kirkpatrick and Vinny Rey, all of whom we hoped were good depth at least and possible future starters. And that doesn't even address any issues of confidence or lack thereof in Dalton.

The coaches either don't have any solutions or refuse to implement ones they themselves keep saying they have to do (like run the ball more).

They are football cliches, but they ring so true.

"It all depends if they stay healthy, can limit penalties, and turnovers!"

I don't believe in curses or being snake bit, but I really can't come up with anything to define the franchise's debacle with players getting hurt over the 46 years!

It all started with Greg Cook and it continues on and on!

I think you even alluded to it Cat, when you said something like it seems that every time the Bengals get a good/great player, something happens!

I'll have my split screen on Sunday, with the Bengals on one side and the Eagles on the other.

Maybe I'll try something different and put the audio on the Eagles side. Desperate measures!

Here's an interesting take from SB Nation and sounds right on the mark:

"The Brown family trusts Marvin Lewis and my guess is that they are terrified of hiring another coach who will drag them back down to the likes of the 1990s. Fair or not, that's likely part of the mindset in the front office, hence why a head coaching change hasn't been made.

Knowing the way that this front office operates, if the Bengals lose out on the playoffs, they will point to the past three seasons, the injuries accrued and the fact that they will likely have been close again this year, even with said injuries. Instead of doing something and being proactive, this team thrives on making excuses for people and their performances. Just look at why they decided to be inactive in free agency this year--they told us that they had mega-deals to sign. To their credit they achieved two of those deals, but they still have a surplus in cap space. Huh?"

It really sucks knowing the guys who need to step up don't. I thought the talent was here, even in some of our depth guys, and I was so wrong. I was so excited about this year, even the way it started, and now I'm not even sure what to think anymore. Sucks when your team has no identity, no motivation, ans apparently nothing to play for.

I was all in for Mavin, and Andy, but now I'm not sure how I feel about them anymore. Maybe they will figure it out, but the outlook does not look good.

It really sucks knowing the guys who need to step up don't. I thought the talent was here, even in some of our depth guys, and I was so wrong.

And to me, that's the big issue. It's been a brutal year for injuries, but I can live with that. It's no one's fault, just bad luck.

But the lack of depth, talent and development the injuries have revealed is just ridiculous. Hunt isn't even a shadow of MJ and Will Clarke can't even get off the bench. Devon Still has been a great inspirational story but a lousy DT. Kirkpatrick gets chances on defense and looks like Artrell v2.0 (but hey he's a great gunner! Woo-hoo!). Marshall Newhouse should change his name to Marshall Outhouse. Vinny Rey appears to have spent the offseason taking pointers from Caleb Miller. The rest of the backup LBs were so unimpressive they had to go grab a guy off the Chiefs' taxi squad. And speaking of taxi squads, Cobi can't get off ours despite our desperate need for guys who can catch the ball. Instead the drag Greg Little off the couch. Really?

The roster needs an enema in the offseason.

Marshall Newhouse should change his name to Marshall Outhouse.

that's exactly what the Packers forums were saying when we signed him .... they couldn't believe anybody (ANYBODY) took him on

After years of Marvin's drafting and wheelings/dealings in the FA market we have very poor depth, low quality outside of the starters - and that is something that he should be held accountable for.mad.gif

Whether it be the players or coaches, they just suck.

My point to that is aimed squarely at the last game and EVERYTHING they should have drawn motivation from.

That they came out and sucked as much as they did makes me think there is NOTHING that will motivate them.

I still say that minus the start of a 5 game win streak this Sunday they are done and that's the start.

It will take more than that to win the AFCN.

Would you be?

For the kind of money that even those on min salaries are making - yes, I would be motivated

Many of us give our absolute best for a lot, lot less

I agree with this thought as well.

I have been part of teams that should have had 30+ personnel, only to do the job with less than 20.

We were still a motivated group of guys to get the mission accomplished.

Why that should be any different for a bunch of guys who want nothing more than to win? They are suppose to adapt and overcome.

What we've seen is more like don't try and fold.