Bengals @ Bye Gameday Thread

HoosierCat

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd hate to see Hue go too, but assuming that the wheels don't fall off over the next three months, I expect it to happen sooner rather than later. Oakland firing him was foolish to begin with and, in hindsight, now looks like one of the all-time stupid coaching decisions.

What scares me most? The possibility of reading this headline next February: "Steelers Hire Hue Jackson as New Head Coach."

Just look at the thread titles. Don't even need to click them, tho I will.

/>http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7

Sweet, sweet, sweet Steely McTears!

ETA: this thread takes the cake:

/>http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=104778

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Right, you got screwed by the refs who HANDED YOU A FUGGING LOMBARDI TROPHY AGAINST SEATTLE!

Give that back and maybe I'll listen.

I like this one: "This game is officially rigged, there was a hold on Sean Spence on that play and they penalized the Steelers 15 yards for a personal foul"

That's right, a missed holding call when someone made a blatant personal foul proves that the league is rigged.

Or this one: "No we're not! Those teams cry when the game is called straight. We're upset that penalties were made up against our team and ignored against our opponent. It wasn't even close. They didn't even try to hide what they were doing."

Uh huh, when other fans cry about the refs, the game is totally called straight, it's just those fans don't like that their teams suck. But if a steeler fan cries about the refs, it's because the game's totally rigged! Hilariously delusional.

What scares me most? The possibility of reading this headline next February: "Steelers Hire Hue Jackson as New Head Coach."

Now see Hoosier, you are just trying to piss people off again. Aren't you ??

:lol:/>

:lol: Gotta think it's possible, tho. I don't think the Steelers are going completely into the tank (if only because of their schedule) but what evidence is there that Tomlin will be able to rein these players in? It's like a whole team of Chads. And while there is some talent there -- Bell, Brown and Ben mostly -- the o-line still isn't right and the Pitt D's got nothing. When you're bringing in guys like Keisel and Harrison, who started their careers with the Mesopotamian Maulers back in 5,000 BC, you're in trouble.

Hopefully the Steelers will do just well enough to save Tomlin's job, so he can go right on destroying the team.

Uh huh, when other fans cry about the refs, the game is totally called straight, it's just those fans don't like that their teams suck. But if a steeler fan cries about teh refs, it's because the game's totally rigged! Hilariously delusional.

Yup, yinzer logic at its finest.

It just goes to show that most Stooleaters fans are elitist douchebags. They've had preferential treatment for decades, and if something doesn't go their way for once, 'the game is rigged.'

:lol:

EDIT:

This guy gets it:

Half the fan base has become exactly what the the rest of the fan base hates about every other fan base. Next thing you know, we'll hear that the Illuminati have a hand in all of this.

It just goes to show that most Stooleaters fans are elitist douchebags. They've had preferential treatment for decades, and if something doesn't go their way for once, 'the game is rigged.'

:lol:/>

EDIT:

This guy gets it:

Half the fan base has become exactly what the the rest of the fan base hates about every other fan base. Next thing you know, we'll hear that the Illuminati have a hand in all of this.

I'll give a few of those guys their due. A handful of them are telling the guys crying about the refs to shut up and blame the team. Good on them for it.

:lol:/>/>

EDIT:

This guy gets it:

I'll give a few of those guys their due. A handful of them are telling the guys crying about the refs to shut up and blame the team. Good on them for it.

And then a mod came in and threatened to ban one of them... :lol:

:lol:/>/>/>

EDIT:

This guy gets it:

And then a mod came in and threatened to ban one of them... :lol:/>

True, though I imagine calling other users idiots and telling them to shut the fuck up might technically be against their forum rules, even if the sentiment is justified.