Bengals @ Bye Gameday Thread

HoosierCat

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Atlanta players were getting mad as hell moving into the 2nd half of that game.

It had to feel good for Dalton to deliver that shot to them.

There were a bunch of Atlanta fans in the area I was sitting and they were obnoxious as hell before the game started.

Then it started. They got real quiet, real quick.

It's funny how a handful of injuries can totally change the dynamics of the schedule.

I don't see anything in the next month that is insurmountable. With key Bengals coming back, I see the lights getting brighter on this team through the Fall.

It is tough. Thankfully we've got some quality depth and some guys that have stepped in and have some experience.

I am sure the talking heads will point to these issues for those two teams while ignoring the fact that some of our seasons have been wrecked by injuries in one quarter of football in recent years.

Oh well...just win baby,

Being a casual fan, I had forgotten all about the 2006 season until I read the article on the website 'Bengals Ignore the 3-0 Numbers'.

The fact that the Bengals were 3-0 and lost to NE in game 4 is definitely ironic.

That's just that much more incentive to be fired up for October 5th.

One of the Bengal 'mottos' this year is 'Ignore the Noise, Good or Bad'.

I agree with that 100%, but I know Marvin also picks his spots to use 'noise' to motivate, as he did when he posted a quote, in the lockerroom,from the Titans TE, when he shot his mouth off about the Bengals.

It wouldn't surprise me if he posted the opponents and scores from the first 4 games of 2006 next week.

I'll be interested in seeing what happens in a few games this weekend.

It would be nice to see the Panthers hit the Ravens in the mouth and absolutely epic (I really don't like that word) to see the Bucs go in Pittsburgh and knock them around. Outside of that, I will be watching the Pats on Monday night.

I don't get any impression that this team is headed for a 2006-style collapse. Obviously you can't predict injuries or off-field stuff, but as far as what's on the field is concerned, the Bengals seem focused to a very high degree, they're getting healthier and the coaching has been top-notch. They may not win in Foxboro, but if they do I won't be surprised and if they don't it isn't going to be a blowout. Hue and Gunther are going to give Belicheat and Brady all they can handle.

Well, I see Jay Gruden's project to turn Kirk Cousins into 2013 Andy Dalton is off to a rousing start...

I came in this morning with the intent on posting the exact same thing.

After last weeks game it was, "Gruden finally found a QB to run his system".

Today it's, "Cousins flounders" and "Gruden was outcoached".

Funny what can happen in a week huh ??

I don't wish him or Cousins ill by any stretch, but just commenting.

They got beat the f*ck up !!!