Bengals 2014

Scottishbengal

Bengals - a successful 2014 season ???  

11 members have voted

1. 1. What would you class as a successful season,??

• the first Play-Off win in decades
    • retaining the AFCN title
    • making the Play-Offs for the 4th straight year

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is all really simple. QB's are paid the big dollars to win period.

It's inevitable but this is not good for the game. Probably more of a symptom, though.

On that note, now the Chiefs don't want to pay Alex Smith.

I'm sure a lot of this is draft smoke, but still the resistance to spending at QB surprises me. The main justification for the rookie salary scale was to pay more to vets, now the owners don't want to pay the vets! Instead they will dump them and draft cheap rookies.

Something tells me the next CBA negotiation is going to make the 2011 lockout look like a picnic.

It's inevitable but this is not good for the game. Probably more of a symptom, though.

I'm sure a lot of this is draft smoke, but still the resistance to spending at QB surprises me. The main justification for the rookie salary scale was to pay more to vets, now the owners don't want to pay the vets! Instead they will dump them and draft cheap rookies.

Something tells me the next CBA negotiation is going to make the 2011 lockout look like a picnic.

The old man in me that I didn't think would come out this early in life, is starting to get cynical. "Get off my damn lawn, you mangy kids!"

My GAF (I'll let you figure out the acronym) Factor is getting lower and lower.

Let these overpaid entertainers and owners squabble over millions. Sit out a year. Make it two. I don't care.

Well like I said already, I very rarely watch a game live when they are on TV.

I usually DVR them and watch them later, after I have handled all the important things that can be done on a Sunday afternoon in the fall.

Lets see... Cut grass, rake leaves, take a nap, drink a cold one (or more) on the back patio, scratch my ass, go buy Pizza Rolls, whatever.

Hope to not hear how the game went and watch it in the evening when I can fast forward through the commercials and blah commentary.

I save so much time and am far more happy the majority of the time.

If the game sucked and they lose, I didn't waste half the time.

Win win.

I usually DVR them and watch them later, after I have handled all the important things that can be done on a Sunday afternoon in the fall.

Lets see... Cut grass, rake leaves, take a nap, drink a cold one (or more) on the back patio, scratch my ass, go buy Pizza Rolls, whatever.

Hope to not hear how the game went and watch it in the evening when I can fast forward through the commercials and blah commentary.

Win win.

I've done that a few times and I have to say that it works. Only if you aren't out in public though. That and I can't check my phone until I watch it because my friends and family text me their input for the whole game.

I got rid of cable last spring and the only thing I miss is Reds games and the luxury of DVR when I might need it.

I might just tune in on the radio and get some serious work done this fall. Maybe scratch my ass a bit. Drink some beers while doing work with powertools. Heck, there's a good chance half the games will be blacked out anyway.

Lap is great to listen to. You won't find another broadcaster get so excited about a game.

It's fun hearing an announcer that is a fan of the team. Good times indeed.

GET IT, GET IT, PICK IT OFF, YEAAAAAAAAAH, GOOOOOO, GO, GO, TOUCHDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWN, WHOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO !!!!

Awesome.

Lap is great to listen to. You won't find another broadcaster get so excited about a game.

It's fun hearing an announcer that is a fan of the team. Good times indeed.

GET IT, GET IT, PICK IT OFF, YEAAAAAAAAAH, GOOOOOO, GO, GO, TOUCHDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWN, WHOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO !!!!

Awesome.

His TD call of Stanford Jennings kickoff in SB 23 with Phil Samp is legendary.

I don't see it that way. Smart owners may want to spread that money around and pay more vets at more positions than dump it all into one position.

I bought the nfl.com radio pass last season. Listening to Lap is far more fun and relaxing than the jabbering of any of the meatheads on TV.

Assuming it is in real time Cat? I would listen to him and watch the game in a heartbeat but cannot find any stations that broadcast without the delay.

Win win.

I've done that a few times and I have to say that it works. Only if you aren't out in public though. That and I can't check my phone until I watch it because my friends and family text me their input for the whole game.

I got rid of cable last spring and the only thing I miss is Reds games and the luxury of DVR when I might need it.

I might just tune in on the radio and get some serious work done this fall. Maybe scratch my ass a bit. Drink some beers while doing work with powertools. Heck, there's a good chance half the games will be blacked out anyway.

Radio is how I do it more often than not anymore, Lapham is very entertaining.

So...back on the subject of guys getting paid and all that...y'all remember Richard Sherman, right? Self-proclaimed best corner in the game, got a little talky after the championship game against SF, you might recall.

Well, Richard Sherman just got paid: 4 years, $57.4 million, $40 million guaranteed.

Yup, $14.35 million/year. (By contrast, the franchise tag for corner is $11.8 million this year.)

Somewhere, Mike Brown is sobbing...

So...back on the subject of guys getting paid and all that...y'all remember Richard Sherman, right? Self-proclaimed best corner in the game, got a little talky after the championship game against SF, you might recall.

Well, Richard Sherman just got paid: 4 years, $57.4 million, $40 million guaranteed.

Yup, $14.35 million/year. (By contrast, the franchise tag for corner is $11.8 million this year.)

Somewhere, Mike Brown is sobbing...

Leon is making quite a mega chunk this year, and should be seriously thankful for Mikey's patience... That is, unless he ends up cut.

I don't think they will ever have a CB who's in that upper tier pay range, better cycle in young guys, or vale range FAs.

Well, in the interest of keeping the interminable topic of the offseason alive, I would like to point out the big winner of round 1.

Andy Dalton.

The Bengals may still grab a QB, but for any who saw a FO vs Dalton staredown in round one...advantage Dalton.