The Dance! Broncos vs Seahawks

gregcook68

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another Super Bowl...another year I get closer to dying without seeing the Bengals win one.

Go Broncos though, I guess. Don't even think I'll take off work this year for it, though. This playoff loss completely drained me.

And in the orange corner, weighing in at 200 pounds, is wide receiver Andre "Bubba" Caldwell. The former Cincinnati Bengal has caught 16 passes for 200 yards this year and is looking to notch his first Super Bowl win.

In the green corner, coming in at 297 pounds, we have defensive tackle Clinton McDonald. Traded by Cincinnati to the Seahawks in 2011, McDonald has blown up in 2013, amassing 35 tackles, 5.5 sacks and an interception.

So place your bets. Either way, an ex-Bengal will get a ring.

Is it just me or is the Superbowl anti-climatic? Sure, if the Bengals were in it, it would have a different meaning.

There's alot more to be said about the excitement of the playoff push and then the playoffs themselves.

As an outsider of the teams not in it, it's more about the process than the destination. Now we get 2 weeks of recycled hype with a side of obnoxious halftime entertainment.

The only thing that has me tuning in this season as much is the fact it's in NYC.

Go Manning. Win one more, then retire please.

Need a laugh? Here's espn's Jeff Chadhia on Jan. 12, 2010:

Give Pete Carroll about one year before he starts realizing the mistake he just made. By that time, he'll be wondering why he resigned from USC to become head coach of the Seattle Seahawks.

That fat deal he recently accepted -- one reportedly worth $35 million over five years -- won't be nearly as capable of insulating his pride from all the abuse he'll be taking publicly. The players also won't be embracing him like they have in college. Before you know it, that constant smile that has become Carroll's trademark will be harder and harder to find.

Regardless of how optimistic some Carroll supporters may be about this news, the man is going to fail in the NFL. He's already been fired by the New York Jets (whom he coached in 1994) and the New England Patriots (he was there from 1997 to '99), which is all you really need to know.

A nine-year absence from pro football doesn't mean Carroll has learned how to be a better head coach at that level. It means only that he's become one more man who thought it was better to give up a cushy gig for a shot at the big time.

Need a laugh? Here's espn's Jeff Chadhia on Jan. 12, 2010:

Give Pete Carroll about one year before he starts realizing the mistake he just made. By that time, he'll be wondering why he resigned from USC to become head coach of the Seattle Seahawks.

That fat deal he recently accepted -- one reportedly worth $35 million over five years -- won't be nearly as capable of insulating his pride from all the abuse he'll be taking publicly. The players also won't be embracing him like they have in college. Before you know it, that constant smile that has become Carroll's trademark will be harder and harder to find.

Regardless of how optimistic some Carroll supporters may be about this news, the man is going to fail in the NFL. He's already been fired by the New York Jets (whom he coached in 1994) and the New England Patriots (he was there from 1997 to '99), which is all you really need to know.

A nine-year absence from pro football doesn't mean Carroll has learned how to be a better head coach at that level. It means only that he's become one more man who thought it was better to give up a cushy gig for a shot at the big time.

Just saw a funny article on ESPN, posing question about where, at 62 yrs old, Carroll gets his energy: http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/10338432/coach-pete-carroll-leads-high-energy-seattle-seahawks-super-bowl

It's funny, because given the Seahawks penchant for using ADHD medicine to charge up, perhaps Carroll draws his energy and from a similar source?

I heard the Dan Patrick show talking about the Seahawks this morning. Basically the gist was - It is known throughout the league that Adderal use is rampant with the Seahawks, so the feeling is that free agents who use it are likely to be attracted to Seattle.

I heard the Dan Patrick show talking about the Seahawks this morning. Basically the gist was - It is known throughout the league that Adderal use is rampant with the Seahawks, so the feeling is that free agents who use it are likely to be attracted to Seattle.

I wonder if that will soon be found on the list of banned substances. One would hope.

Anyway, I'm hoping for a Broncos win. I've been a Broncos fan since about '86 so if the Bengals can't win it, I want Denver to.

Super Fail:

As of Tuesday, there were still 18,000 tickets available to the game. Hotel rates in New York City -- and East Rutherford and Secaucus, for that matter -- are plummeting. Weird. Who could have predicted that paying $2,000 to stand in the freezing cold and watch a football game might not be everyone’s idea of a great winter getaway?

/>http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-01-30/hey-super-bowl-get-back-to-where-you-once-belonged.html

And people complained about trouble selling out playoff games...