Vikings @ Bengals Game Thread

HoosierCat

Lap said it best. We need to beat Baltimore Sunday to make a statement and start splitting, at worst, in our division.

I agree with that, however, let me play the devil's advocate.

Depending on how the injuries play out we sustained today (Burfict, Eifert, and Smith) and the fact of my concern of coming out flat after a blowout today, it might play out better if Pats win, we clinch the division, secure the third seed, instead of going into the game Sunday playing for the division and 2nd seed, if we win, and end up with a sixth seed if we lose.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I want the division

Can't get the 2 seed without the division being ours already. thumbsup3.gif

A Baltimore win would certainly make next week nervewracking. It'd literally be the difference between a 2 seed and a 6 seed.

But balls to the wall. Go Ravens.

Better to face Baltimore with that kind of momentum? We've had 3 blowouts, and are 1-2 in the games after, and were flat all 3 games offensively. We had great D against Chargers to win one of the three games.

Lap said it best. We need to beat Baltimore Sunday to make a statement and start splitting, at worst, in our division.

Depending on how the injuries play out we sustained today (Burfict, Eifert, and Smith) and the fact of my concern of coming out flat after a blowout today, it might play out better if Pats win, we clinch the division, secure the third seed, instead of going into the game Sunday playing for the division and 2nd seed, if we win, and end up with a sixth seed if we lose.

If they come out flat, I would be do pissed. It's exactly why I said they are still an inconsistant team. They come out and score 40 some points one week, they come out next game, and look lost. It's time that crap stops!!!!!!! Just win, come out and be the more physical team!

So it looks like this:

Regardless of if the Bengals win or lose next week, they won't be playing the Ravens in the first round of the playoffs.

Either they'll have the bye and the #2 seed, they be hosting the Dolphins with the #3 seed, or they'll be playing Indianapolis as the #6 seed.

This is all assuming that the Dolphins beat the Jets at home and the Colts beat the Jags at home next week.

If I look at it this way, I'm alot more ok with the Ravens winning tonight.

There is also a chance that if the Ravens lose tonight, the Bengals would clinch the division but still be looking on the outiside for that #3 seed.

If the Bengals lose next week, the Colts win against the Jags. Bengals 10-6, Colts, 11-5, Ravens 9-7.

Bengals would be the #4 seed and host the #5 seed Chiefs.

I can't remember a series of scenarios that has this team as a possibility of the #2, #3, #4, and #6 seed this late into the season.

I want the division

A Baltimore win would certainly make next week nervewracking. It'd literally be the difference between a 2 seed and a 6 seed.

Better to face Baltimore with that kind of momentum? We've had 3 blowouts, and are 1-2 in the games after, and were flat all 3 games offensively. We had great D against Chargers to win one of the three games.

They've not had the good fortune of playing those games after blowouts in the exceedingly comfortable confines of Paul Brown Stadium, as they will this time. bengal.gif

If they come out flat, I would be do pissed. It's exactly why I said they are still an inconsistant team. They come out and score 40 some points one week, they come out next game, and look lost. It's time that crap stops!!!!!!! Just win, come out and be the more physical team!

Volcom. It's not a 'Bengals' thing, it's a psychological mystery, that I've seen for the past 45 years in baseball and football! Obviously it doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen more times than not!

All you can do is come out and do the best you can, and pray that the law of averages are on your side!

Since this has happened 3 out of 3 times for the Bengals, with 1 win, the argument could be made that the law of averages is on their side this time, and they won't come out flat next week! :sure:/ :bengal:/

Don't let it steal your buzz Hoosier, it's not stealing mine!! WHO DEY!!!

I want the division

They've not had the good fortune of playing those games after blowouts in the exceedingly comfortable confines of Paul Brown Stadium, as they will this time. bengal.gif

You are right! Like Lap said, it's time to take control of the division but finishing the year with nothing worse than a 3-3 split!!

Todd McShay giving props to the Bengals saying they are likely to get the #2 seed, and probably the only team that can go to Denver and win. He said if Good Andy (paraphrasing) shows up, this is a SB contending team.

...excuse me while I fetch the smelling salts.

Todd McShay giving props to the Bengals saying they are likely to get the #2 seed, and probably the only team that can go to Denver and win. He said if Good Andy (paraphrasing) shows up, this is a SB contending team.

...excuse me while I fetch the smelling salts.

You might need a strong dose of flatulence for that one king!!