Dre did real good

TJJackson

from: http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Notes-Dres-debut/e8e882ff-3c4e-4d21-91f3-f54c70e74739

Cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick got his first NFL start Sunday in place of the injured Terence Newman and he had some rocky moments early on in the 30-20 loss to the Steelers at Heinz Field, but he thought he ended up "doing a great job out there."

While I certainly have seen far worse first starts, I for one really REALLY dont want to hear Dre tell us he did a "great job".

Kinda pisses me off, to be honest

It was a poor performance and he should not be crowing about how well he did when a) he damn well did not, and B) the whole team laid a giant rotten egg out there

DRE: Um, hi coach, you wanted to see me?

ML: Oh, yes Dre, please come in. Have a seat. You want a water? Here, have a water. Comfy? OK, why don't you tell me how you think you did against Pittsburgh. What's your evaluation of your play?

DRE: Well, I think I ended up doing a great job out there, coach!

ML: Absolutely Dre, absolutely! In fact, I've cut a highlight reel I'm going to show in film review today. Want to take a look?

DRE: Ummm...sure coach, sure.

ML: OK, here's the first play. (Video shows Kirkpatrick lunging at a a receiver, missing by several feet and pancaking himself on the turf.) That was tremendous, Dre! The way you came down right on that hashmark! That's one hashmark that's never going anywhere again. That hashmark will never take another hit like that!

DRE: Ummm...

ML: Now check this one out. (Video shows Kirkpatrick flailing away uselessly as a receiver runs by him.) That was great technique, Dre. Textbook slap fight moves. If the Steelers ever sign Richard Simmons, he'd better watch out.

DRE: Umm...but coach...

ML: Wait, Dre, the best yet is this one. (Video shows Antonio Brown TD.) I think that really shows your character, Dre. The Steelers were having a hard time finding the end zone on offense so you helped to boost their confidence. I'm really proud of you, not many players have such a giving nature.

DRE: C'mon coach...

ML: No, no by all means you come on, we've got a film class to go to!

DRE: Um, hi coach, you wanted to see me?

ML: Oh, yes Dre, please come in. Have a seat. You want a water? Here, have a water. Comfy? OK, why don't you tell me how you think you did against Pittsburgh. What's your evaluation of your play?

DRE: Well, I think I ended up doing a great job out there, coach!

ML: Absolutely Dre, absolutely! In fact, I've cut a highlight reel I'm going to show in film review today. Want to take a look?

DRE: Ummm...sure coach, sure.

ML: OK, here's the first play. (Video shows Kirkpatrick lunging at a a receiver, missing by several feet and pancaking himself on the turf.) That was tremendous, Dre! The way you came down right on that hashmark! That's one hashmark that's never going anywhere again. That hashmark will never take another hit like that!

DRE: Ummm...

ML: Now check this one out. (Video shows Kirkpatrick flailing away uselessly as a receiver runs by him.) That was great technique, Dre. Textbook slap fight moves. If the Steelers ever sign Richard Simmons, he'd better watch out.

DRE: Umm...but coach...

ML: Wait, Dre, the best yet is this one. (Video shows Antonio Brown TD.) I think that really shows your character, Dre. The Steelers were having a hard time finding the end zone on offense so you helped to boost their confidence. I'm really proud of you, not many players have such a giving nature.

DRE: C'mon coach...

ML: No, no by all means you come on, we've got a film class to go to!

I know Zimmer doesn't pull any punches and I'm quite sure when he gets all the D together again, he will have some choice words because that's 2 games in a row, that the tackling has been horrendous!

I've been bragging all year on how fundamentally sound the defense was to my son, because so many teams have gotten away from some of the Lombardi/Brown-like fundamentals.

The last 2 games have proven that defensively, just so happen the offense was off the chain against the Colts!