Bengals @ Steelers Pregame Thread

HoosierCat

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little ahead but since we play Minny in two weeks it's worth noting that AP sprained his foot yesterday. MRI scheduled for today.

/>http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10102782/adrian-peterson-minnesota-vikings-carted-locker-room-injuring-ankle-baltimore-ravens

I didn't read that article, but did it have anything to do with the stands being empty before the end of the game ??

Saw footage from the game and people were streaming out long before the last ditch effort.

And here I thought the place stayed packed until 15 minutes after a loss because they are the best organization ever.

What a joke.

Back on topic: Steeler fans are as fairweather as any other team's. Who knew? laugh.gif

http://www.pennlive....es_lots_of.html

WOW. I can remember the days of the trolls and trashtalkers invading our fair site and ripping our fans.

I always felt it was easy to be a Steelers fan. To the team's credit they always put a good product on the field so they were guaranteed many wins and successes. So now it seems like they have turned rather quickly. I know it was a s**tty day there weather-wise and we had a lot of empties yesterday at PBS but......

I love this quote from the article too:

The division-leading Bengals come to town next Sunday night. Fair-weather Pittsburgh fans likely will be dumping their tickets in droves. And come Sunday night on NBC's national broadcast, the world might witness a half-empty Heinz Field. Or, horrors of horrors, a Steelers stadium overpopulated with bright Bengals' orange.

Now that would be really embarrassing.

A little ahead but since we play Minny in two weeks it's worth noting that AP sprained his foot yesterday. MRI scheduled for today.

http://espn.go.com/n...altimore-ravens

Also no word on Kyle Rudolph's return from a broken foot either. He's about due to come back but they may shelve him since their season is done.

I love Dennis Roland

/>http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2013/12/04/dennis-roland-shunned-steelers-for-return-to-bengals/?odyssey=obinsite

Dennis Roland was headed to Pittsburgh on Tuesday, but when the Bengals called on Monday, those plans were cancelled.

The Bengals called on Monday offering the offensive tackle a chance to rejoin the team and that trumped the tryout with the Steelers he had scheduled. The team announced the signing on Tuesday after placing guard Clint Boling on the Reserve/Injured List.

Back on topic: Steeler fans are as fairweather as any other team's. Who knew? laugh.gif

http://www.pennlive....es_lots_of.html

WOW. I can remember the days of the trolls and trashtalkers invading our fair site and ripping our fans.

I always felt it was easy to be a Steelers fan. To the team's credit they always put a good product on the field so they were guaranteed many wins and successes. So now it seems like they have turned rather quickly. I know it was a s**tty day there weather-wise and we had a lot of empties yesterday at PBS but......

You think it was bad in Cincy or Pitt, check out DC:

/>https://twitter.com/dcsportsbog/status/409771204057116672/photo/1

I'm a little bit shaky about this game. Pittsburgh is going to throw everything they've got at the Bengals, both to prevent two straight home losses and to derail the Bengals' chances for a bye. If they're deluded into thinking they've a prayer for a playoff berth, then that too.

The Bengals are capable of weathering that problem, but they're going to have to play a good football game. This will be tough.

I'm a bit concerned that the Bengals didn't register a single sack against Indy. If that doesn't change for Pitt., then things can get tough.

Otherwise, it should be a W.

Great point. They were expecting to dominate Indy's O-line on Sunday and it really didn't happen in the passing game.

Obviously there are some very tangible goals at stake. The division title, the possibility of gaining the second seed and the chance to knock Pittsburgh out of the playoffs for the second year in a row....priceless.

I'm a bit concerned that the Bengals didn't register a single sack against Indy.

They did pop him several times, including the play where he flung the ball out over the middle as he was being pulled down. Very lucky no Bengal was there to grab it. Overall I don't think Zim brought a lot of heat yesterday. They seemed mostly content with the base four-man rush. I wonder if they were concerned about Luck's running ability (he did have one good scramble early) and dialed back on the number of players they were sending behind the line of scrimmage?

I'm a bit concerned that the Bengals didn't register a single sack against Indy.

They did pop him several times, including the play where he flung the ball out over the middle as he was being pulled down. Very lucky no Bengal was there to grab it. Overall I don't think Zim brought a lot of heat yesterday. They seemed mostly content with the base four-man rush. I wonder if they were concerned about Luck's running ability (he did have one good scramble early) and dialed back on the number of players they were sending behind the line of scrimmage?

Certainly possible.

Regardless, I dread the thought of Little Ben having all day in the pocket while his WRs are running around against our #3 and #4 CBs since Hall and Newman are both gone.

But hey. In Zimmer We Trust.

Fwiw, it sure seemed to me from being there and seeing the whole field as plays developed that the bengals were being very careful to stay in their rush lanes and not give luck room to run. Not exactly mush rush, but in that vein. That's my random observation anyway.

First of all when you're on top everybody is gunning for you. Any sport, any level!

Secondly there were plenty of times Luck ran a play designed to throw quickly, and there were times when he threw before he was ready, basically throwing it away, because of pressure.

Sacks not as important as consistent pressure, in my limited miniscule opinion!

I'm concerned about loss of Newman. Dre obviously will get a chance to step up but this only leaves 3 true CBs on the roster. One of them goes down, not a stretch considering the injury history of Pacman, Dre and Ghee, and there is little there to play CB (maybe Crocker in the slot or CHL from PS).

Might it be time to bring in a FA?

Also, with Iloka maybe out, Shawn Williams should get some playing time.

Any update on Zeitler? Getting him back at RG could mean they run over Pittsburgh, which I'd like to see. Maybe even some jumbo dinosaur line stuff, Roland to the right of Fat Andre.