Colts @ Bengals Game Thread

HoosierCat

Ok so back to the bengals game. Game ball should go to the whole o-line who played great! This look from the o-line just works, and needs to keep it that way. No sacks on Dalton, no hits on Dalton, and the o-line gave him space. Collins again a great game and should be starting on this o-line.

So you notice when Dalton has space when the o-line blocks and give him room he can make the throws that are needed, and it showed again today. Great job

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam Jones will be moved over, Kirk will be the Nickle CB, and Ghee will now play. Well not sure how this will pan out

Frakin Crazy when Dre & Ghee are two of your healthiest corners.

Doesnt look good does it? Cant see either of them making it to half time without getting injured!

Cant see either of them making it to half time without getting injured!

Can't see either of them getting out of bed in the morning without getting injured!

I predict there is a major raft of stories with folks proclaiming the Bengals as the hot team to make the SB.

With others playing poorly, I expect a shift of opinion where the Bengals get some notice for this annihilation of the darling Colts.

Personally, I think this is the best chance I've ever seen for this team to go all the way. I think they can handle the Broncos, and no one else in the field is close.

In the NFC the Saints and Seattle are the class, even with SF winning today. A Bengals Saints SB in cold weather suits me just fine (smiling wryly).

The spirit of Paul Brown seems to have his ghostly hands in this one.

Some stats today that intrigued me ??

Burfict led the team in tackles. Know who was 2nd ?? Dre freakin' Kirkpatrick.

Dalton's performance today was the stuff that leads teams to the promised land, but you know what was great to see ?? Jones, Gresham, Eifert, and Bernard not missing more than one ball with how many times they were targeted. Gresham and Bernard caught everything and missed none. Green and Sanu only missed two a piece as well. Pretty nice to see Dalton getting guys to hold onto the ball.

Huber had 5 punts today and averaged a tad over 50 yards per kick. Two were rockets that changed field position drastically.

There's not really stats for it, but the o-line gave Dalton tons of time and kept him clean all day.

That effort resulted in not one single INT for Dalton.

Nice stuff !!!

Some stats today that intrigued me ??

Burfict led the team in tackles. Know who was 2nd ?? Dre freakin' Kirkpatrick.

Dalton's performance today was the stuff that leads teams to the promised land, but you know what was great to see ?? Jones, Gresham, Eifert, and Bernard not missing more than one ball with how many times they were targeted. Gresham and Bernard caught everything and missed none. Green and Sanu only missed two a piece as well. Pretty nice to see Dalton getting guys to hold onto the ball.

Huber had 5 punts today and averaged a tad over 50 yards per kick. Two were rockets that changed field position drastically.

There's not really stats for it, but the o-line gave Dalton tons of time and kept him clean all day.

That effort resulted in not one single INT for Dalton.

Nice stuff !!!

Absolutely. It just demonstrates that when the offense is clicking, they can destroy teams. If it weren't for two series in which the D decided that they were going to try this new strategy of "not tackling" and see how that worked, Indy would have left town before the fourth quarter was over. Willie is right: keep playing like this and they can go all the way.

Enjoyed the game, froze my little toesies off though

I have to say, though, I dont think the reversed call on the touchdown should have been reversed. I think his knee was down before the ball crossed the plane, and I still think they should have taken the three points there.

The issue was never whether his knee hit short of the line. Everyone agreess that it did. The issue is whether he was ever touched by a defender

Enjoyed the game, froze my little toesies off though

I have to say, though, I dont think the reversed call on the touchdown should have been reversed. I think his knee was down before the ball crossed the plane, and I still think they should have taken the three points there.

I agree. I probably take the three there too.

Here is the ref's explanation:
/>http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24369100/jeff-triplette-explains-decision-to-award-bengals-controversial-td