2000 Ravens Resurrected???

gregcook68

This Bengals team has a very similarity to the 2000 Ravens! It's almost as if Marvin has resurrected the Ravens in the bodies of the Bengals.

I do believe that Andy has the talent to be a much better QB than Diller was.

After the horrific 90's the Bengals and fans suffered through, I'm grateful for this team and would be elated with a '2000 Ravens like' SB championship!

Some jackass was calling Andy "Dilfer2.0" earlier this year. So yes, the similarities are there. Then Dalton had that three game streak, got himself named AFC offensive player of the month for October, and generally set us all up for the heartbreak that became the first two weekends in November. Now he's back to being good Andy, still chucking it to the other team, but now using Texas Mind Control to force the other team to forget how to block on punts. Winner!

I made multiple posts about the fact that Dilfer was a Super Bowl winning QB and that there was no reason to think Dalton couldn't do the same.

When looking at the defense and the weapons Dalton has on the offensive side of the ball, there was no reason to think otherwise.

I still feel the same way today and if Dalton can simply not throw 2-3 picks a game, the Bengals can still make a deep playoff run.

This team isn't far off from being 9-2 right now. I suppose you could argue they could be worse than 7-4, but not as easily.

Some jackass was calling Andy "Dilfer2.0" earlier this year. So yes, the similarities are there. Then Dalton had that three game streak, got himself named AFC offensive player of the month for October, and generally set us all up for the heartbreak that became the first two weekends in November. Now he's back to being good Andy, still chucking it to the other team, but now using Texas Mind Control to force the other team to forget how to block on punts. Winner!

The one thing about this group of Bengals is that there's some serious family type chemistry on this team that Whitworth eluded to more than once. The positive about Andy is he is smart and mentally tough. The announcers commented during the game how players kept coming by and encouraging him after the 2 picks.

Look at it this way here are the QB standings as of today 11/18.

Andy is ranked 17th.

Matt Ryan is ranked 11th but his team is 2-7.

19. Brady

21. Kaepernik

23. Alex Smith

26. Joe Flacco

29. Eli Manning

Outside of a stronger arm, Joe Flacco is no better than Dalton. He threw 5 picks against Buffalo this year!

I made multiple posts about the fact that Dilfer was a Super Bowl winning QB and that there was no reason to think Dalton couldn't do the same.

When looking at the defense and the weapons Dalton has on the offensive side of the ball, there was no reason to think otherwise.

I still feel the same way today and if Dalton can simply not throw 2-3 picks a game, the Bengals can still make a deep playoff run.

This team isn't far off from being 9-2 right now. I suppose you could argue they could be worse than 7-4, but not as easily.

Well said! I like this team.

Flacco appears to get more zip on his throws, but last year was a perfect example.

He was inconsistent throughout the season and most were wondering if he should be extended.

He goes on a tear through the playoffs and the rest was history.

Dalton has the ability (as the whole team does) to play at a consistently high level. (See October)

The question is, will he (they) ??

Flacco appears to get more zip on his throws, but last year was a perfect example.

He was inconsistent throughout the season and most were wondering if he should be extended.

He goes on a tear through the playoffs and the rest was history.

Dalton has the ability (as the whole team does) to play at a consistently high level. (See October)

The question is, will he (they) ??

I said in my quote that outside of the stronger arm, Flacco was no better.

Here's another thing. When Baltimore clinched the division last year, I predicted they would win the SB riding the Ray Lewis Retirement High.

No reason the Bengals can't ride a similar mental high motivator and call it the 'Leon and Geno Injury High'!

If they can take care of the ball and stop turning it over all the time, they can beat anyone in this league. The defense is just that good, even with the injuries.

You are spot on Ear. In football, teams can win SB with average offenses, stellar defenses, and minimal mistakes.

Paul Brown: "Football is a game of errors. Whoever makes the least usually wins!"