Bengals @ Cowboys Game Thread

HoosierCat

Mays likes the whole super power thing.

What super power does "Captain Itakebadangles" possess ??

Pointless to have him take a spot on the roster.

His teams replacement ?? Easy, Schaffer.

Yeah, to hate on Newman, who was driven from Dallas is crazy.

He just has that defense down and excels within it.

Glad he's back because Kirkpatrick looked rough last night for sure.

Still has a moment or two, but that's it.

Did anyone notice the difference between what he and Thompson were able to accomplish ??

It really was night and day, but will mention that I noticed Still getting double teamed more than once.

I don't know what to take from that, but the coaches will figure it out i'm sure.

Zimmer's comments on this week of Hard Knocks could be absolutely epic with how bad things appeared to fare for his unit.

Bernard is everything I thought he would be and some.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thompson did a great job, but I thought Still did well too. He was struggling a bit in the run game, but that's not so surprising from a guy that figures to focus on the interior pass rush more than holding the point (as is Thompson's bigger duty). Still got penetration rather frequently last night.

I think Thompson is the more important piece of the two right now anyways. Geno's dominance will limit Still's appearances to mostly third down pass rush scenarios anyways, I think. Peko will need spelled more frequently.

Odds and ends...

Not happy Whit was out again.

Kirkpatrick, as noted, was terrible.

Mays is a lost cause, when will coaches get that?

Newman is ageless in Zim's system.

Still not impressed by Still.

Geno is like Godzilla: king of the monsters.

Sanu is the two.

Gresham looks much improved.

BJGE looks even slower than last season.

Bernard, on the other hand, picks up more yards even up the gut.

Good to see Green back and not missing a beat. That was a TD.

Lewis is getting fat again.

I'm not happy that Whit was out again, that is very bothersome. However one good thing we can say is Anothony Collins has looked very good this preseason, and held his own against Ware last night.

I'm also hoping Ghee stays healthy this year, I think he is ahead of Kirkpatick at this point. Remember this is the most Dre had played since being here. Ill be anxious to see how he bounces back.

I'm guessing next game we won't see the starters at all? Not really sure, but I think they should just stay out and get as healthy as they can.

Hunt looked a bit better too, at least better than he did against Tennessee when he seemed completely lost. It wasn't just the sack; he was getting consistent push and was near the ball on numerous stops.

He did look better but he is just so raw. There was one play last night where I watched him drive the tackle 10 or 15 yards up the field. Trouble was that Romo was a good three or five yards behind Margus and he never even tried to disengage, move right and attack the QB. Hunt was just pushing that guy down the field like a blocking sled.

He has all the physical tools; technique and awareness will be his challenges.

1. Bengals remain old and brittle at cornerback

2. Bengals remain questionable at safety, and Chris Crocker still seems like a possibility, although:

3. perhaps Bengals can trade Moch for a safety or CB?

(could trade Gresham for a better DB, but don't see that happening...)

Kerry Rhoads is still out there, he would be the best option if they want that route.

2. Bengals remain questionable at safety, and Chris Crocker still seems like a possibility, although:

Kerry Rhoads is still out there, he would be the best option if they want that route.

I was thinking Gresham for Jairus Byrd. But I think that Mike Brown won't pay that much for a safety.

I was thinking Gresham for Jairus Byrd. But I think that Mike Brown won't pay that much for a safety.

Chris Hope and Tom Zbikowski both were released. Lots of other payers gonna end up cut. We can get a safety here over the next week or so. That's how I'd solve this riddle.