ESPN Hires New Bengals Reporter

HoosierCat

Apparently espn is going to add individual reporters to cover each team (which has to be a step up from the likes of Walker and Hensley). The Bengals draw Coley Harvey from the Orlando Sentinel.

/>http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/blogs/chopping-block/os-cb-espn-orlando-sentinel-fsu-cincinnati-bengals-20130819,0,346078.post

Names had been dribbling out all day so espn pr finally got its ant together and put together a release with most of the new reporters.

/>http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2013/08/espn-com-expands-nfl-nation-network-with-sites-for-all-32-nfl-teams/

Basically it looks like they are trying to emulate SB Nation (cincyjungle, etc.). They ought to have just hired josh...

Hensley goes back to the Baltimore beat. Good fking riddance.

While we're on the subject of the media, CBS has announced that the opener in Chicago will get their first team, Nantz and Simms.

/>http://www.cincyjungle.com/2013/8/20/4640580/jim-nantz-and-phil-simms-to-call-bengals-vs-bears-game

Gawd willing,I'ill never have to listen to Steve fking Tasker again.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought that article about Dalton was good in regards to showing those that hate him, that they may be overthinking things a bit.

However, they could have approached that thought from another angle. I don't really care if he's the best from his draft.

I do care how good he is overall and i'm still one of those that think he's good enough to win it all.

I'm also left wondering how much this new guy is going to bring to the table outside of pointing out the obvious.

Sounds like he would have been better off covering one of the Florida teams.

I thought that article about Dalton was good in regards to showing those that hate him, that they may be overthinking things a bit.

Exactly. It's nice to have a guy come in cold, look at the numbers and say, not too shabby. There's no doubt that Dalton needs to keep improving, but it's not like we're rolling Paul Justin out there.

Look, I wouldn't fault anyone for thinking Dalton needs to improve because I do. I just look at his ceiling differently.

His number through two seasons, are great. People also forget he had a OC that had never been one at this level and a bunch of rookies with him.

Add on no OTA's, mini camp and so on and so on that first season and this is really only the 2nd full season he's had all that heading into it.

With all of those obstacles placed in front of him, he has done quite well.

How many would envision a 2nd round QB to have that type of success with those issues ??

I want to see him do better in big games and in the playoffs, but again, I think he will.

I think the writer of that article captured that nicely.