Barbecuing in a blizzard.

We're in (I think) our 6th straight day of record highs here in Chicagoland. It's been 70-80 degrees all week. Spring isn't officially for another 3 days and I gotta mow. Trees have budded, flowers are up and blooming. Cleaned out the garage today, hooked the hoses back up, and the wife has been tidying up the backyard and getting the garden ready for planting.

This after a winter in which we had basically two storms which combined might have dumped seven or eight inches on us. I had to shovel twice, that's it. And my heating bill -- I pay a flat rate every month based on average annual use and I'm running like a $200 surplus.

But there's no global warming because Al Gore is fat...

We're in (I think) our 6th straight day of record highs here in Chicagoland. It's been 70-80 degrees all week. Spring isn't officially for another 3 days and I gotta mow. Trees have budded, flowers are up and blooming. Cleaned out the garage today, hooked the hoses back up, and the wife has been tidying up the backyard and getting the garden ready for planting.

This after a winter in which we had basically two storms which combined might have dumped seven or eight inches on us. I had to shovel twice, that's it. And my heating bill -- I pay a flat rate every month based on average annual use and I'm running like a $200 surplus.

But there's no global warming because Al Gore is fat...

Global warming can not be based on weather, it is based on climate. One weather event does not make much difference to the climate of a region.

This spring is the warmest I can remember. Come to think of it, it's not even spring yet. All our daffodils bloomed already, our forsythia is about to bloom, and from what I can tell most of the blooming fruit trees, shrubs, etc., are about a month ahead of schedule. Old-timer lore says we'll get three snows after the forsythia blooms. It's usually right, but this year it doesn't look like we'll even get one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...