Zimmer Linked to HC Jobs in Tampa, Miami

HoosierCat

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well looking at it now I doubt zim will leave his only option is bucs as no one else has pulled him in for an interview. If they dump Fitzgerald and bring in del rio that will be an improvement

I wonder if DelRio would go somewhere just to be a position coach.

Zimmers a pro. Hell be fine if he remains here. Had they won the division or been on a streak of many successful seasons he might be getting more looks. The clip in the paper today said that Mismi is looking for an offensive minded coach so that is probably the main reason, not any shortcomings on his part.

Per PFT zimmer to fins is a done deal contract being finalised.

Bengals.com says hes out of running for the phins,Hopefully buccaneers don't take him away.

I however wonder though like Skyline said will his heart still be with this job, knowing though that he just wants a HC job?? I hope this year will be his best year here. I still hope that they get Del Rio to come in maybe for a LBs spot or something like that. I still belive this defense needs to be more consistant, so anyway they can help do that i hope they do!

If he really wants to be a head coach, the worst thing he can do is slack off as the Bengals DC. If he comes back as DC for us in 2012 I don't see how that can be spun as a bad thing for the team

I have a feeling Zimmer stays. I also have a feeling we have a monsterous defensive season because Zimmer stays.

I hope he stays too although, I hope he gets a shot soon. This is the year we need to hit a home run om defense with one of these two first round picks. Look at Baltimore's success in drafting game changers in the first round and it's no wonder they are always in the hunt. Ngata...Reed... Suggs. We need someone like that. But I fear we will draft a cornerback strictly on need.

I have a feeling Zimmer stays. I also have a feeling we have a monsterous defensive season because Zimmer stays.

I hope he stays too although, I hope he gets a shot soon. This is the year we need to hit a home run om defense with one of these two first round picks. Look at Baltimore's success in drafting game changers in the first round and it's no wonder they are always in the hunt. Ngata...Reed... Suggs. We need someone like that. But I fear we will draft a cornerback strictly on need.

Agreed. I mentioned this in another thread. What we do is take the player the Steelers are targeting with one of our first 2 picks. So let's say right now it's Poe, DT out of Memphis.

We kill 2 birds with one stone. We piss off the Steelers and become more like them in one move. Simple.

Zimmer was at the Senior Bowl yesterday with the rest of the Bengals coaching staff... so there was a lot of talk that it looks like he'll be staying.

But as long as a couple of teams are dragging their feet on hiring a head coach, who knows?

Good sign. Zim is a no nonsense guy so I can't imagine he'd be ok with being jerked around...all along missing the Senior Bowl, only to find out he's not getting a HC job.

He's staying.

Interesting note buried in walter's coverage of the senior bowl:

Sources said the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' head coaching position has been turned down by six or seven coaches. That includes coaches declining interviews and actual negotiations about the position. Some of the known candidates to say no thanks are Oregon coach Chip Kelly, Texans defensive coordinator Wade Philips, new St. Louis Rams head coach Jeff Fisher and new Miami Dolphins head coach Joe Philbin. Sources said they believe the Bucs are interested in interviewing both of the New York Giants coordinators Perry Fewell and Kevin Gilbride.

One of the issues that Tampa Bay has been having is allegedly they are trying to slash the severance packages of the coaches if they are fired, for assistants and the head coach. The Bucs are trying to save money by making changes there, but it is not sitting well with coaches. Last year there were top college assistants making more money than the Bucs assistant coaches.

Wow. Talk about a booby prize...stay away, Zim!

/>http://www.walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2012rumors.php

Well wont be the colts either as they hire the Ravens DC Chuck Pagano! So looks like the ravens will be looking for a new DC now.

Broncos seem pretty interested in Del Rio!

So im really hoping this means Zim stays here, the longer this goes the more DC are off the market, and if Coyle leaves for Miami they will have to rebuild the whole defense staff.

And it appears the winner of the booby prize is Rutgers coach Greg Schiano.

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/26/report-bucs-plan-to-hire-schiano/

They hired the hot name from 2 years ago, based on a recommendation from know-it-all Bill Parcells? They're idiots.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20120125/SPT02/301250104/Bengals-coaching-staff-might-new-faces

FitzGerald probably gone as LB coach, Coyle is still in the mix in Miami and it appears that Zimmer will be back for his fifth season.

Says Marvin,

“All my staff is in place except for one open spot right now and we’ll wait and fill it,” Lewis said. “I’m looking at people and it’s my chance to talk to some people that I know and we’ll go from there.”